Adventure of the Seas to Brilliance of the Seas

dvmvet

Hello, we are two adults and a 10 year old boy. We've been on Freedom of the Seas (eastern Caribbean) and Allure of the Seas (western Carribean) and liked both.

We are thinking of going to San Juan for a Carribean cruise in March/13

We are trying to figure out the difference between these two ships

Adventure of the Seas is bigger, has an ice rink. But overall I am not sure what the real differences are with these two ships? Has anyone been on both?! Our son mainly likes Adventure Ocean. We just enjoy a spacious ship where we can relax. We don't so much care about noisy venues at night.

It would be nice if the food was good. Generally we have found the RC food to be about a "B" grade, which is ok.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks!

DVM vet

My husband and I did the Adventure itinerary out of San Juan last March and will take Brilliance this coming March....Just in planning stages now, but let me tell you, I think the Aruba, Curacao, and St Kitts stops on Adventure are much better than St Croix and Guadeloupe with Brilliance. We have plans for St Lucia, Antigua and St Thomas, but these other two are really stopping me in my tracks! I am actually having a hard time getting excited for this cruise!

We have been on 8 cruises so far and the Adventure and its ports were by far our favorite....Loved, loved, loved San Juan, St Kitts, Aruba and Curacao!! Your son would find much more to do on Adventure too...hope that helps....

I prefer the Voyager class ships to the Radiance class......both are nice, but I really like the Royal Promenade in the evenings.....and it's simply more space.

I think if you're choosing for your 10 year old, you'll go with Adventure.

I have to agree with regards to the Royal Promenade being an awesome difference between the two classes; however I wouldn't discount Radiance class for that reason and would base my choice on itinerary. I've been on both classes more than once and love them both but the RP just tips the balance where facilities are concerned.

We recently had to make the same decision - Decenber 1 Brilliance or December 2 Adventure. We went with Adventure mainly because of the Royal Promenade, the ice shows, and we prefer cruises that leave on Sunday.

Wow thank you everybody. I guess I hadn't taken a closer look at the ships.

So Brilliance doesn't have a royal promenade, but Adventure does? I thought all Royal Carribeans had them!

I liked the idea of all the glass on Brilliance, but it is important that our son feels happy otherwise it makes it harder for us to have fun.

I am curious though --why would a kid like Adventure of the Seas more than Brilliance of the Seas?

Thanks again

DVM vet

• 2 months later...

So, we are getting closer to booking on Adventure for the March 17th sailing

We have been on Allure and on Freedom. At first I was excited to try this ship.

But I have seen a number of negative comments about her. Can I ask if anyone has been on her quite recently, to comment? Is she in decent shape, or is she ready for a refurb? If so, maybe we should return to Freedom or Allure for a cruise...It is just nice to try something different!

DVMvet

So, we are getting closer to booking on Adventure for the March 17th sailing

We have been on Allure and on Freedom. At first I was excited to try this ship.

But I have seen a number of negative comments about her. Can I ask if anyone has been on her quite recently, to comment? Is she in decent shape, or is she ready for a refurb? If so, maybe we should return to Freedom or Allure for a cruise...It is just nice to try something different!

DVMvet

Does your son play pool? Only Brilliance has pool tables - the Adventure does not. They are very cool - self-leveling.

We have sailed both out of San Juan.

We have sailed all the Radiance class which are nice ships, but after a few days its kinda "been there done that".

Our first cruise on Radiance we also thought the glass would be nice. Didn't even notice all the glass (except for once in the elevator with DD and her friend. Guy on the ship next to ours at the pier was sitting on balcony in robe and was airing out :eek:).

Prefer the larger ships. Also preferred the ports on Adventure. If your son likes to eat think he will like the larger ship. My DD also likes the larger ships for the teen clubs.

Archived