Using different rates for the same cabin

hayesktrm

We are going to be booking our next cruise probably this week. Before calling Carnival, I wanted to hear your experiences regarding this.

Our situation...we will be getting 2 cabins. My son, his GF and our daughter will be sharing 1 cabin. We will share the other one. No matter what, my DH, DD and I will be going. If something happens with our DS and his GF, neither of them will be going. So, for the three of us, we will get the early saver, but for them I need to find something different. GF has never cruised before so I was going to use the VIFP club members only rate ($856 no upgrades). For my DS, I would use the Past Guest National Cruise Week sale rate ($856 upgrades included) and for my daughter, the early savings program ($796). So, with one cabin, can I do 3 different fares?

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, should I book my DH, DD and myself in one cabin and then the other 2 in the other? That way I could just cancel the whole cabin if they ended up not going. If my DD was the only one left in that cabin, would they make her pay single supplement or would they allow us to add her to our cabin? When we board, I know I can switch everyone around.

Thanks for your help...I know this was a long and involved post and I appreciate any insight you could offer.

My PVP booked first two pax as ES and booked a third pax as past guest, so it can for sure be done.

Too bad I cant say who my PVP is if you need help on this.. but I did cancel the 3rd pax later (and 2nd pax cancelled, his wife), and I went solo. I got all the money back for pax #3 cancelling before final payment.. and pax #2 was a no show. (and her add on fees and taxes were refunded).

You can for sure book two different rates on the same booking, I did.

I'd book your cabin with you and your husband at early saver and then the second cabin at your son's past guest rate.

If they cancel (prior to final payment), then add your daughter to your cabin.

If it's just your daughter in cabin #2 - booked at early saver rate, she will need to pay the single supplement.

We are going to be booking our next cruise probably this week. Before calling Carnival, I wanted to hear your experiences regarding this.

Our situation...we will be getting 2 cabins. My son, his GF and our daughter will be sharing 1 cabin. We will share the other one. No matter what, my DH, DD and I will be going. If something happens with our DS and his GF, neither of them will be going. So, for the three of us, we will get the early saver, but for them I need to find something different. GF has never cruised before so I was going to use the VIFP club members only rate ($856 no upgrades). For my DS, I would use the Past Guest National Cruise Week sale rate ($856 upgrades included) and for my daughter, the early savings program ($796). So, with one cabin, can I do 3 different fares?

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, should I book my DH, DD and myself in one cabin and then the other 2 in the other? That way I could just cancel the whole cabin if they ended up not going. If my DD was the only one left in that cabin, would they make her pay single supplement or would they allow us to add her to our cabin? When we board, I know I can switch everyone around.

Thanks for your help...I know this was a long and involved post and I appreciate any insight you could offer.

You can only book the cabin with one rate - ie. ES, PG, VIFP, etc.

Book yourself, spouse, & daughter in one cabin under ES if you're sure you all will be going.

Book son & GF in other cabin under PG. If son is PG, the GF would also get the PG rate. With PG you can cancel before final payment and get your money back.

If you daughter booked with son & GF and they canceled, she would have to pay the entire fare as a solo cruiser.

If everyone goes on the cruise, then the daughter can be switched to other cabin once onboard ship.

I can say for sure and certain that you absolutely can book both rates on the same cabin. My PVP was not sure it would go thru.. but it did.

I know because I personally did this.

I can say for sure and certain that you absolutely can book both rates on the same cabin. My PVP was not sure it would go thru.. but it did.

I know because I personally did this.

Are you saying that 2 people can book the same cabin using 2 different rates? ie. one as PG, and one as VIFP, or one Military.

Why wouldn't you use the best rate to book both people?

If you are planning to book two cabins in the same category (IE: two insides, or two OV's or two balconies) I suggest you book your daughter with you and your husband in one cabin as early saver, and your son and GF in the second cabin with the cancelable rate of your choice. This way if the son and GF drop-out you are all set. If the son and GF go you and hubby can swap cabins with son and GF once on board.

Thanks everyone. I didn't know that I could book under my son's rate for his GF...that's great. Saves us the money I was going to spend on upgrades within the category.

Thanks for also confirming I should book my DD with us instead of them.

Now, another question...do you know if they have adjoining cabins that will fit 3 in one and 2 in the other? Last two cruises, we had 2 in each (both OV). We would like to get adjoining again, but didn't know if they could fit 3 in 1 and 2 in another.

Book yourself, spouse, & daughter in one cabin under ES if you're sure you all will be going.

Book son & GF in other cabin under PG. If son is PG, the GF would also get the PG rate. With PG you can cancel before final payment and get your money back.

If you daughter booked with son & GF and they canceled, she would have to pay the entire fare as a solo cruiser.

If everyone goes on the cruise, then the daughter can be switched to other cabin once onboard ship.

Best Answer without a doubt.:)

Thanks everyone. I didn't know that I could book under my son's rate for his GF...that's great. Saves us the money I was going to spend on upgrades within the category.

Thanks for also confirming I should book my DD with us instead of them.

Now, another question...do you know if they have adjoining cabins that will fit 3 in one and 2 in the other? Last two cruises, we had 2 in each (both OV). We would like to get adjoining again, but didn't know if they could fit 3 in 1 and 2 in another.

Adjoining or connecting?

Adjoining is next to each other with a solid wall between them.

Connecting is next to each other with a door between them.

Archived