Dh, ds?

Clovis8

My favorite:

DH = designated hugger :)

:):D Cute!

I refrain from using my VI = Village Idiot, 44 year anniversary coming up he actually answers to it, although It might offend some, if I do not explain it is a TOE (Term Of Endearment)

Those always intrigued me. I figured out what they meant, but I guess I have never had an issue writing out "wife", "fiance", "son", etc. etc. so I don't see what purpose they serve. But that's just me.

You are giving yourself away as not being one of the over-abbreviating texting generation.

I'm 28 years old. Maybe not the core of that generation, but pretty close.

The term "generation" can mean more than just a specific age group. I think of it also as a collection of a type (here "type" means "ilk", not machine-input), members of which, while within that age group, do not necessarily precisely match the norm of that age group. Perhaps an overly obscure point -- which stands no chance in hell of being expressed with cliche abbreviations.

Can't say I do. I usually stick to aerospace, aviation, travel and sports.
Is there a frequent need for shorthand of a poster's significant other (SO) when discussing aerospace, aviation, or sports? ;) If there's not a need, I'm not at all surprised that DH isn't used on those forums. As one typically travels to Disney destinations with family, DH, DW, DD, and DS are used on other travel forums. You'll also find FIL and MIL (father-in-law and mother-in-law respectively) used.

Is there a frequent need for shorthand of a poster's significant other (SO) when discussing aerospace, aviation, or sports? ;) If there's not a need, I'm not at all surprised that DH isn't used on those forums. As one typically travels to Disney destinations with family, DH, DW, DD, and DS are used on other travel forums. You'll also find FIL and MIL (father-in-law and mother-in-law respectively) used.

Touché. You still won't see me using it;)

And now for something completely different..

While walking through a flea market I saw a case of pins. I am always looking for Masonic items. Vendor had a pin with "S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A." on it. Bet me $5 I would not know what it meant.

Traded him back the $5 for another pin……….my father was a Barbershop Quartet Singer.;)

DDWW

Archived