Port of Copenhagen, walking to metro

casavaha

Port of Copenhagen: Walking distance from Emerald Princess to Metro station, then

to Airport?

We are going to airport after cruise. I will have about 3 suitcases. Is the walk very

far or is there another type of transport to the Metro?

Thanks,

First you need to determine where you will berth as there are different options. I think in either case you will find you would be far better off just taking a cab. We docked at Langelinie and there was a bus option that we used but it would have been a hike to a metro/tram stop.

First you need to determine where you will berth as there are different options. I think in either case you will find you would be far better off just taking a cab. We docked at Langelinie and there was a bus option that we used but it would have been a hike to a metro/tram stop.

Agree with Kirk!! Having three pieces of luggage makes it more challenging. It costs a little, but given the luggage and distance, you'll better off grabbing a cab and not having to deal with the logistics, hassles.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 84,450 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

The Metro is located far away from the pier but you are probably thinking about the S-train station at Nordhavn.

Nordhavn is located 10-15 minutes on foot from the main gate to the freeport terminal, on mondays to fridays bus 26 will stop just outside the gate.

The Metro is located far away from the pier but you are probably thinking about the S-train station at Nordhavn.

Nordhavn is located 10-15 minutes on foot from the main gate to the freeport terminal, on mondays to fridays bus 26 will stop just outside the gate.

Is there a direct train from Nordhavn to CPH or would I have to change? How often do they run? I've only taken the train from the airport, not to it. I think I took the Metro last time I was there, but I was coming from a different part of the city.

Thanks for your information!

Is there a direct train from Nordhavn to CPH or would I have to change? How often do they run? I've only taken the train from the airport, not to it. I think I took the Metro last time I was there, but I was coming from a different part of the city.

Thanks for your information!

There is no direct train. You need to take the S-train from Nordhavn to Østerport or Centraal Station & then change to the Øresund train to the airport. Very easily doable ... this is what we did. Between the two of us we had 2 large pieces of luggage & a backpack apiece. :)

There is no direct train. You need to take the S-train from Nordhavn to Østerport or Centraal Station & then change to the Øresund train to the airport. Very easily doable ... this is what we did. Between the two of us we had 2 large pieces of luggage & a backpack apiece. :)

Thanks, dogs (cats are fun, too :D). I spent a week in Copenhagen and walked everywhere. The only time I took a train was to/from the airport and a couple of excursions out of the city. I never really became familiar with the system since I hardly used it.

Do you remember how long it took from Nordhavn to CPH?

Keep in mind that there are 20-30 steps at Nordhaven. I did not see an elevator when we used it during a layover between cruises.

Our ship will be arrriving at 8am and our flight departs at 12:25pm on a Sunday, we are planning to walk to Nordhavn to take the s-train, then transfer to another train at Osterport, would you think we have enough time? Or better to take the taxi?

Thanks.

Archived