California Coastal

workstocruise

DH and I are considering California Coastal next Sept. on either the Star or Sapphire out of Vancouver. Can anyone tell me what the weather might be like at that time of year? The cruise ends in LA. Thanks.:)

It generally will be better weather in October than in May but the west coast waters would very rarely be hot like in the tropics.

We did a 17 day Panama Canal out of Vancouver that started with a 3 day coastal to LA. We left on 9/17 and it was sunny and 75 in Vancouver. The next morning, it was cloudy and cool-mid 60's with about a 20 knot wind. The seas were slight, though.

The second morning it was cloudy and a little warner maybe 68 and not quite as windy.

We arrived in LA on the 20th I got up just before sunrise. I had a cabin on the Emerald deck of the Coral Princess, which has a great deck on the stern of the Emerald deck. I went out there and it was quite pleasant -about 72. THe sun was just coming up over the container port. It was a great day!

We never has any high seas (maybe 4-7 feet tops).

Of course, that was this year, next year ....who can say for sure.....

DH and I are considering California Coastal next Sept. on either the Star or Sapphire out of Vancouver. Can anyone tell me what the weather might be like at that time of year? The cruise ends in LA. Thanks.:)

I did the Ca. Wine Coastal this past May, it was nice weather.

Weather is so subjective, don't base your cruise on that, mother nature does what she wants when she wants.;)

We did the West Coastal Wine Cruise this past September 29th on the Sapphire out of Vancouver. The weather was very cooperative this year, sunny and mid-60s generally in the ports.British Columbia ports and San Francisco were beautiful as was San Diego - both sweater weather. But one year San Francisco was cold and rainy in the fall. You never know. Don't let the weather drive your decision. The ports are what make this cruise so grand.

I did the fall coastal 3 years in a row and the weather was perfect for the first 2 years and rough the 3rd year till we reached San Francisco. My daughter did it last month and it was rough the first night only. It's hit & miss but if the weather is nice in Vancouver, it'll be nice on the way down.

Archived