Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

We started the day by going to the gym. We had missed the last three days because of the ports. Approximately half of the equipment was being used. Like they say, Spirit class ships are not as busy as other classes of Carnival ships and that seems to apply to the restaurant, buffet, shows and gym.

It really does seem that Spirit class are the best ships in the fleet because of their high space to passenger ratio.

Not sure where I saw it but these ships are way above all the other Carnival ships in this measurement.

If you're listening Carnival ,it does make a difference!

Edited by richstowe

Tracy and I returned to our favorite spot for some last rays of warm sunshine. It was cool and windy if you stayed in the open but warm if you were sheltered from the wind. Mitchel joined us for a game of chess. We hadn’t played together for several years.

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

Mum relaxing while we played

DSC_0464.jpg

For anyone who plays chess, this was our endgame, I managed to squeak out a win.

DSC_0465.jpg

Mike reading your review again is like another cruise coming to an end again LOL !! I am reading this watching the Miracle coming back from another cruise docking in NYC from our living room window .It a cold morning here in the NY NJ area !! The funny thing is at 4pm most day"s my wife say"s lets go to the Deli for a sandwich on the Miracle again !!

So glad you posted another review! I've read all of your other ones they are fantastic. The family is looking good, wasnt your daughter a blonde lol? Your son is growing into a fine young man as well. Hope all is well and that your wife hasnt lost the ring you gave her when you proposed the right way on your b2b2b2b cruise!

So glad you posted another review! I've read all of your other ones they are fantastic. The family is looking good, wasnt your daughter a blonde lol? Your son is growing into a fine young man as well. Hope all is well and that your wife hasnt lost the ring you gave her when you proposed the right way on your b2b2b2b cruise!

Thank you. Yes Arielle was a blonde in the last review and as of a couple of days ago she a blonde again. :confused:

Tracy still has her ring, can't afford another one for a while. :eek:

At 4:30 pm we went to our second cocktail party. I believe 24 of us each paid $12 for 1 hour of unlimited drinks. The actual price is 11.45, tip included but we all paid $12 and the balance went to the bartender and waiter. We also passed the hat again and even though I don’t know how much we collected I’m sure it was a nice sum.

DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

We had the same bartender and waiter from our first party

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

Another tiramisu for Tracy

DSC_0511.jpg

We went to the Bacchus Dining Room at 7 pm. We had given some envelopes (extra gratuities) to Montree, Anjaya and Romulo on the previous evening because we had reservations for the steakhouse on our last night. However, we changed our minds when we saw the menu on our interactive television. Prime Rib, Panko Shrimps, New England Cake, Grand Marnier Soufflé, Cappuccino pie and Mitchel loves the Frog Legs.

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms and Handpicked Mesclun Lettuce.

DSC_0539.jpg

New England Crab Cake

DSC_0540.jpg

Frogs Legs with Provençale Herb Butter

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

Southern Fried Chicken

DSC_0543.jpg

Tender Roasted Prime Rib of American Beef au Jus

DSC_0544.jpg