Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Hi! Do both people in the room have to purchase the alcohol package or is that only if you are married? I am rooming with my cousin and I am pretty sure she won't want to do this, but I certainly do!

Are there other packages offered asides the $55 a day package?

doesn't matter if you're related or not. Everyone over the age of 21 have to purchase if they are in the same room

Just returned yesterday from our Oasis sailing. Didn't find out about the pkgs available until we were almost back in port but as reported earlier in in the thread but did pick up the sheet on this program from the concierge.

The program wouldn't make sense for us. We do the CL every night. I don't think we did $55 day / person beyond that. The premium program did include Kettle One and Grey Goose though.

I was told if you had the proper sticker on your card they would still ring you up a receipt with a $0 balance. Probably due to inventory control.

Just returned yesterday from our Oasis sailing. Didn't find out about the pkgs available until we were almost back in port but as reported earlier in in the thread but did pick up the sheet on this program from the concierge.

The program wouldn't make sense for us. We do the CL every night. I don't think we did $55 day / person beyond that. The premium program did include Kettle One and Grey Goose though.

I was told if you had the proper sticker on your card they would still ring you up a receipt with a $0 balance. Probably due to inventory control.

Any chance you could take a picture of the sheet they provided for the alcohol package?

Sorry I can't tell you what house wines are. I can share that they offer bottles in all price ranges so I am sure you will not be getting a $15 glass of wine as part of the pkg.

I'm sure the house wines are of the well variety but not being much of a wine drinker I couldn't name the brands.

No cup???? Then that settles it for us...

We will DEFINITELY not be getting this package unless they start adding items into it. If they cup was included, I was leaning towards trying it out. But no way now. I just can't warrant it. I realize they are offering this to make money on their part, so they don't plan to give away the horse with the barn; but for us, it needs to be a bit more inclusive to make this come close to working. At least the cup gave me multiple options out of the Coke 50 machine to drink when we wanted something non-alcoholic. Now if we buy the package we are stuck with gun soda or alcohol.

We already are doing Rita's Fiesta (3 margaritas included), the Prohibition Party (limited open bar), Dreamer Catamaran (open bar), and Mr. Sancho's (open bar), so I can't see how we could even possibly come close to drinking enough to make this work. For us, it will only be an option if I had more NON-alcoholic choices. It seems crazy to me that they don't include those options. After all, if this is all about making money for them, then water, juice, and soda is WAY, WAY, WAY cheaper for them to serve... hence, they would get a much better profit margin off of pax drinking more non-alcoholic choices verses scoffing down Grey Goose martinis. I hope they adjust this, I really do.

I look at it like gambling in Vegas. The house isn't going to offer a bet that is not profitable for RCI in the long run.

It may make sense for some depending on what you enjoy drinking. If you like foo foo drinks by the pool or Grey Goose Martina's - it may make sense for you.

Carnival rolled this out several months ago. Around $49.00 pp per day. All in cabin over 21 has to purchase the drink program. It is good for up to $10 drinks. They do have a 15 drink a day maximum. Some say it is the cut off some say they check to see if you are still sober. No bottled water, special coffees but does include soda.

I have been hearing that the NOV out of NO is now offering a alcohol plan for a fee, I heard $55.00 but don't know if thats per week or per day.... is this true?

Also, I know we can bring two bottles of wine aboard, but can I bring the larger bottles of wine, I think they are 1.5 liters.

Thanks... PG

ok Im all in on this one. I just got off the liberty and our bar tab for 5 nights was $1000. We are in our early thirties and are both drinkers not stumbling drunks. This would save me money and help budget.

The e-mail that C&A sent me (although it appears to have been based on the very similar UK-based program) includes glasses of champagne in the premium package.

I have been hearing that the NOV out of NO is now offering a alcohol plan for a fee, I heard $55.00 but don't know if thats per week or per day.... is this true?

Also, I know we can bring two bottles of wine aboard, but can I bring the larger bottles of wine, I think they are 1.5 liters.

Thanks... PG

The bottles cannot be larger than 750ml.

Edited by clarea

No way for us. About an hour and a half before dinner, we visit the pub for a beer or two (pints). The most I have is two and DH sometimes a third. Our bar bill is never more than $30 a night and sometimes less than $20. I think this might cause people to drink more than they should. For those that can down a whole lot of beer, it might be great but for those who just have a few, it might ruin their day trying to get their money's worth. $49 + $7.35 x 2 = $112.70 X 7 = $788.90. No thank you.

Phyl

Just off the Allure, two bottles in the carry-on no problem. Trouble was getting the cabin steward to understand I wanted two empty wine glasses. After he finally brought them, he was concerned that they were the correct size, they weren't but we used them anyway.

I guess they are just not used to passengers now with their own in-cabin wine.