Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

I believe that if you get a note from your doctor saying that you are unable to drink alcohol,

It's only a matter of time until they are flooded with Drs. notes. :eek:

This won't solve anything. Cheaters will find a way.

It's just a shame that a responsible adult who chooses not to drink but cabin mate does, have to be treated like they have already broken the rules.:rolleyes:

This might seem like a dumb question, but I guess I should ask it anyway....

My fiance is not an excessive liquor consumer, but he IS going to want a drink now and then, I already know this. :D I, however, am a diabetic and can't partake. Now, it's no problem for us to buy the package as a couple, but ... my question is this: can those "drinks of the day" be made without the alcohol? I've loved them every time I've had them, and if they can be done without alcohol, I'll happily purchase the package just as if they WERE made the proper way.

If that's not possible, we may skip the liquor package, because he's not going to be able to consume 110+ dollars a day worth of drink, no matter how hard he might try. :D

EDIT: This question is for when it's rolled out on all ships - I'm aware that it's not available on our particular ship as of yet.

The amount of sugar in those virgin drinks of the day is a lot. I am not sure how you are able to drink all that juice and soda and still keep your blood sugar in control.

I was excited to see this, since we had wanted to give Allure or Oasis a try, but then I read the details. We love the way Celebrity handles their packages but would not be interested in this one. Only house wine, no coffee, juices, canned soda, or water? No thanks. I'm not paying $55 a day and then more for my nonalcoholic beverages or a decent glass of wine!

The amount of sugar in those virgin drinks of the day is a lot. I am not sure how you are able to drink all that juice and soda and still keep your blood sugar in control.

Once met said "ice and juices", yeah, it occurred to me that I might not be able to have them at all. As Charlie Brown would say, "RATS." :D

I saw the Celebrity non-alcoholic packages, they looked really good. I hope that RCI will work out the kinks and offer something like this, I'd buy it for the coffees. I LOVE their premium coffees.

The doctor's note would be an option, though I could see Debde's point, everyone on the planet would submit a note, etc. However, wouldn't RCI have a system that keeps track of special needs guests, anyway? They could just mark the seapass cards with their little stickers - "person can't drink", that's the end of it, you know?

I don't know, but I do think a non-alkie package would be a great idea. ;)

It's only a matter of time until they are flooded with Drs. notes. :eek:

This won't solve anything. Cheaters will find a way.

It's just a shame that a responsible adult who chooses not to drink but cabin mate does, have to be treated like they have already broken the rules.:rolleyes:

I agree with you:eek::eek::eek:

And it is unfair when responsible choices are not respected.:mad:

Not sure how they can to fix this though. It's a tough one. Like you said, cheaters will find a way.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

I agree with you 100%. If specialty coffees, juices, and bottled water are not included, I personally would not even consider this package. On the other hand, if RCCL monitors and reads these posts, maybe they will reconsider and include them. Otherwise, it is another $400 of potential revenue that RCCL could have had from me that I can now save to spend ashore on shopping and bars/restaurants at the beach.

I also agree that we would not purchase unless it includes specialty coffees, juices, and bottled water.

Confirmed just boarded oasis and bought the premium package for 55$, have to buy for both in cabin.

All house wine, beers under 625, fountain soda, wee, call or premium brands and frozen drinks.

Excludes specialty coffee mini bar canned sodas bottled water and bottled juice

Logging off now!! Bon voyage!!!

Confirmed just boarded oasis and bought the premium package for 55$, have to buy for both in cabin.

All house wine, beers under 625, fountain soda, wee, call or premium brands and frozen drinks.

Excludes specialty coffee mini bar canned sodas bottled water and bottled juice

Logging off now!! Bon voyage!!!

Thank you for posting as soon as you boarded. Does anyone have confirmation that "house wine" means just the La Terre and Beringer? Maybe they're using a more expansive (and palatable) definition?

Also, I am not sure what the details are--but, it usualy allows you to drink soda, too. That would enhance the value.

We strayed from RCCL last year and went Celebrity and the alcohol package was well worth it! It did include soda and bottled waters. We drink a lot of water!

I am cruising at end of February, and my question would be, how long is the trial basis. I was going to book a 'happy hour' kind of deal with the group of friends we are traveling with for DH 40th birthday. I have TA emailing to see what package I want, but I would rather do something else if everyone is already going to have the alcohol package! :cool::confused:

Anyone boarding the Allure tomorrow that could report in with maybe a picture of the alcohol package, or more detail on what the package includes? I'm really interested to see exactly what they give you when you buy the package that tells you what is and isn't included. Also, I'm interested to know if there is more than 1 package offered (classic vs. premium, or one with just beer?)

Since Bayonne seems like, (it's likely) that we can carry on a large pack of water, that solves that problem for us. $12 a case of water vs. $4.95 a bottle is a big deal.

I am bringing my Britta to filter ships water, and I took the advice of bringing powdered Gatorade, and lemonde. Tea of course for me as well.

That with the fact that we can now carry on two bottles of wine and free juice in the morning, which you can bring back to your room, we are also bringing a rolling smallish soft cooler that acts as a carry on, but also can be filled with ice to keep our juices, and waters cold, and whatever snacks you want bring back to the room.

I don't plan to rely on the fridge so very much.

This all coupled with the fact we now have $800 in OBc's I don't think we need to drink that much! The only thing we have to add is prepaid tips or do that when we get on the ship. You can be creative with in reason I think.

It's nice that Royal seems to being more reasonable with us.

Edited by Heidils

Since Bayonne seems like, (it's likely) that we can carry on a large pack of water, that solves that problem for us. $12 a case of water vs. $4.95 a bottle is a big deal.

I am bringing my Britta to filter ships water, and I took the advice of bringing powdered Gatorade, and lemonde. Tea of course for me as well.

That with the fact that we can now carry on two bottles of wine and free juice in the morning, which you can bring back to your room, we are also bringing a rolling smallish soft cooler that acts as a carry on, but also can be filled with ice to keep our juices, and waters cold, and whatever snacks you want bring back to the room.

I don't plan to rely on the fridge so very much.

This all coupled with the fact we now have $800 in OBc's I don't think we need to drink that much! The only thing we have to add is prepaid tips or do that when we get on the ship. You can be creative with in reason I think.

It's nice that Royal seems to being more reasonable with us.

There is no need to filter the ships water. It is already. ;)

There is no need to filter the ships water. It is already. ;)

Well I have heard that, but when you go on the websites and see from the CDC how well the ships quality of water is, it's very surprising. Not so much with the newer ships at all, but yes with the older ones. Even if it isn't toxic, it's a practice I have to do at home as well. And we have good filtered well water. It isn't always enough for me.

Probably not unhealthy to most, but I have kidney stones very often, I have to be as pure as possible.

Hence my carefulness.

I agree however, I think the ships do as best as they can to keep the water quality good.

A bartender told me they were offering a beer package this week. I didn't pay too much attention since I don't drink beer. Sounds like it is a whole new world aboard. You can bring your wine and purchase different drink packages. Looking forward to my spring break trip with the kids. BTW, had no trouble bringing my 2 bottles of wine on the Allure.

forgive me if this has been asked, but can you just purchase this option for certain days only, or do you have to buy this for every day of your cruise? It may be worth it to have this for our at sea days, but not when we are on port days....

It it is like Royal's drink packages in Europe, or their soft drink package, it will have to be purchased for the entire cruise.