Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

We just got back from the 11/10 Liberty sailing and had no problems bringing two bottles of white wine onboard. My wife had wrappend them heavily in bubble wrap after having me uncover a small part, they sent us merrily on our way. In our cabin, the room stewart readily provided a wine bucket with ice and refreshed it everytime he changed the room. In addition, he obtained wine glasses for the room which he refreshed as necessary.

Just got off Nov 3rd sailing on Oasis and our wine was confiscated to be returned on day 2. Funny story...we took our unopened bottle of wine to the diamond lounge with us prior to dinner several nights and the bar tender placed our wine behind the bar so others would not think he was serving decent wine at the diamond lounge. Wish RCI would upgrade their terrible wine list. We were never charged a corkage fee.

Edited by aly7859

Wow 31 pages and counting on this thread... I haven't been on in a while and am delighted to see this new change. Will enjoy a tipple in our stateroom when we are getting ready in the evening. Will still book the wine package at dinner and have a sailaway drink of the day in the Viking Lounge...

Boarded Jewel of the Seas last Thursday in Tampa.....no problem with our wine at all. The problem came with our luggage. Even though we had nothing illegal in it, it was sent to the naughty room. We spent 35 minutes in line waiting to get our luggage....they asked what we had, and when we said nothing, they said ok.?!?! So we missed sail away with our family....WHY???? Needless to say we are not happy....and have expressed our dismay with the customer service manager. His response was...oh so sorry. Nothing else...just sorry. Well that does not cut it....they need to have a better process than making us stand in line that long for NOTHING!! It was a hot stuffy room to boot. This is not over!

HY???? Needless to say we are not happy....and have expressed our dismay with the customer service manager. His response was...oh so sorry. Nothing else...just sorry. Well that does not cut it....they need to have a better process than making us stand in line that long for NOTHING!! It was a hot stuffy room to boot. This is not over!

So they made a mistake and apologized. What would make you whole? $1000, free cruise....Personally, I would have not rushed down until after sailaway. What was your hurry? Sailaway from Tampa takes 2 1/2 hours to get to the skyway bridge through lots of just dark water.

Edited by cruzincurt

Just got off Nov 3rd sailing on Oasis and our wine was confiscated to be returned on day 2. Funny story...we took our unopened bottle of wine to the diamond lounge with us prior to dinner several nights and the bar tender placed our wine behind the bar so others would not think he was serving decent wine at the diamond lounge. Wish RCI would upgrade their terrible wine list. We were never charged a corkage fee.

Did you ever take your unopened bottle into the MDR or specialty rest.?

Thank you Starry Eyes and meatlessinca for updating us. I would be interested to know if you had the bottles in your luggage or carryon? And if anyones tried both and what the outcome was?

Cheers

My two bottles of wine were in a wine carrier with a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of water. The flowers were hand inspected...not a word about the wine. security did not make note the room number, so I cannot imagine how they could know if there was also wine in checked baggage (There was none in checked luggage...I"d worry about breakage and red wine stains, so I'll carry mine)

a friend went through later. security asked about the bottles in his carryon, saying they saw two wine bottles (Clearly those were no problem), but they wondered about a third small bottle....That smaller bottle was water and also allowed on, of course.

I assume all cruises. I called and asked if it was true that we can bring two bottles on and the agent said "yes". I mentioned we sail in 3 weeks and asked if it was OK then and she said "yes, change went into effect today". I asked if it works the way it does on Celebrity and she said "yes".

I would like to see it on their website so its "official", but I find the change interesting.

PS You might want to call and ask to confirm.

Too funny they told me 2 weeks ago when I booked that they started allowing it the week before.. :rolleyes:

It is on the website under facts/food and beverage. Got it printed out since we sail in a couple of weeks. For b2bers, you can take 4 bottles, and 2 will be held and delivered the first day of the second week.

We just got back from the 11/10 Liberty sailing and had no problems bringing two bottles of white wine onboard. My wife had wrappend them heavily in bubble wrap after having me uncover a small part, they sent us merrily on our way. In our cabin, the room stewart readily provided a wine bucket with ice and refreshed it everytime he changed the room. In addition, he obtained wine glasses for the room which he refreshed as necessary.

That is wonderful to hear!:D

Boarded Jewel of the Seas last Thursday in Tampa.....no problem with our wine at all. The problem came with our luggage. Even though we had nothing illegal in it, it was sent to the naughty room. We spent 35 minutes in line waiting to get our luggage....they asked what we had, and when we said nothing, they said ok.?!?! So we missed sail away with our family....WHY???? Needless to say we are not happy....and have expressed our dismay with the customer service manager. His response was...oh so sorry. Nothing else...just sorry. Well that does not cut it....they need to have a better process than making us stand in line that long for NOTHING!! It was a hot stuffy room to boot. This is not over!

Why didn't you wait unitl "AFTER" Sail-a-way was over with before you went to retrieve your luggage?

It was your decision to go before sail away so what response did you expect from customer service? I'm confused over your anger at them. If I made the decision to go pick up luggage instead of enjoying the party - I would be really annoyed with --- ME.

Edited by temple1

The whole problem of having to go to the naughty room if you check your wine in your luggage could easily be avoided if only the cruise line would put it in the instructions to only take wine on board in a carry on. This is what Carnival does. You cannot check your wine- it has to be in a carry on. Hopefully RCI will make that clear sometime soon.

We usually have a small roll aboard suitcase that holds our wine. We travel with others so we put all of the wine in one case and go through security together and have never had a problem. They open the luggage and count the bottles to make sure we don't exceed the limit. This is how Carnival does it.

While sitting on our balcony in Port Everglades at the North pier we watched them run the baggage cages into a shipping size container and they came out the other side and were restacked in a cage. So I assume they were being X-rayed one at a time in the container.

While it might be a nuisance I rather they error on the plus side in screening the luggage. They are not just looking for booze.

We can thank our middle eastern friends and fellow passenger smugglers for any such inconvenience, not the cruiseline.

I've pretty much read this whole thread and can't find the answer I'm looking for. I have seen basically the same question asked but not really answered.

So, here it is:

Has anyone carried wine on board in their checked bags? Or, just carry ons?

Thank you;)

I haven't read the whole thread, so i'm sorry if i'm repeating other posters, but… the Food and Beverage FAQs on RCI's site says that 2 750mL bottles are allowed per stateroom. Here's the link :)

http://http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

I've pretty much read this whole thread and can't find the answer I'm looking for. I have seen basically the same question asked but not really answered.

So, here it is:

Thank you;)

the general consensus is: carry on only.

and truly, it's safer all around to do it that way. last thing you want is to ruin yours.. and someone else's stuff cuz a bag got crushed and the bottle(s) broke.

So, here it is:

Thank you;)

I would imagine that you can put it your carry on or checked bags because many people myself included has to fly to meet the ship and no fluids are allowed on your carry on. my next cruise in Febrary i have an overnight stay prior to boarding so can sort out what we want in which bag but many times we have to go straight from airport to cruise terminal