36 hours to boarding and I know I forgot something...

tpeiyn

FINALLY! I am 36 hours away from boarding, but I just KNOW that I have forgotten something! Precruise hotel is booked, boarding document is printed, BCs and marriage license are ready to go, luggage tags are ready to be attached, but I just KNOW I have missed something! Anybody else ever feel like that !? :confused:

Lay out everything on your bed or an unused bedroom, including meds, makeup, dental equipment, unmentionables, shoes, etc, and take inventory.

For the next two days reorganize, eliminate, and sort. Will keep you busy and occupied until you board the ship!

Credit Cards, cash, toothpaste. Do you know where your keys are?;)

LOL got the credit cards, going to the bank in the AM...I HOPE I know where my keys are. I had a bad scare today, I threw away a $1500 check and had to dig through two bags of trash (trying to clean up so my Mom can housesit, lol)! Seems like I have been losing everything since then.

Oh yeah! We went to New Orleans for JazzFest a few years ago and left the tickets on the fridge. Did the same thing before a concert tailgate again two years ago (although that was a lot easier, we just ran to Tom's office and reprinted them- we had to have his mom overnight the JazzFest ones!). At least we know what we forget now!

Lay out everything on your bed or an unused bedroom, including meds, makeup, dental equipment, unmentionables, shoes, etc, and take inventory.

For the next two days reorganize, eliminate, and sort. Will keep you busy and occupied until you board the ship!

I'm leaving for Charleston in the morning! Running out of time to organize and sort ...

FINALLY! I am 36 hours away from boarding, but I just KNOW that I have forgotten something! Precruise hotel is booked, boarding document is printed, BCs and marriage license are ready to go, luggage tags are ready to be attached, but I just KNOW I have missed something! Anybody else ever feel like that !? :confused:

A bag of peanut M&M's. Can't cruise without 'em!:D

I'm cruising in a little over a week. I have never forgotten anything yet, but I always have a dream a few nights before that I have forgotten something important, usually my passport. I guess I will be having that dream any night know.

I had hung all of my dresses & tops in my garment bag, and had hung it on the bedroom door. My husband packed the car, he thought we had everything. Once on board, I was like "oh no, they didn't bring my garment bag", only to hear "what garment bag?!! I didn't let it ruin my trip, I just went and bought a top on the ship, and then found a Marshall's in Puerto Rico and bought a few tops that I could mix & match!! So, just make sure that you get all the bags that you have packed!!

Don't be like that couple that when getting ready to leave the ship, the wife said something about putting the suitcases out and he did. But they were empty! Had to depart with all their stuff in garbage bags. So don't forget to pack your bags before you take them to the car!

We always triple check for tickets, credit cards, drivers license and passports as we are leaving the house. I typically have tickets and passports in hand when leaving a hotel.

We pack with a list we have been using for years, but when we forget something, we buy it on the road. We have bought suntan lotion, jackets, sweatshirts, makeup and bathing suits over the years.

I like to post a list of last minute things to do on the front door. We've had some odd things happen when we didn't. The ice makers "off" switch doesn't work, so one year we came home to a huge water mark on the floor. Fortunately, the neighbor watching our house found the freezer door open with ice everywhere. Thank goodness we had just about emptied the freezer of food, so the loss was small.

Another time my husband took the garage door opener with him in his pocket, discovered at the airport. Why he took it off the hook in the first place I'll never know. Of course, we had locked the back door, so there was no way for the neighbor to put out the trash, came home to a stinky garage.

These things can happen to any of us, we're all a bit nervous leaving for vacation, so the list is just a reminder to take a breath and do a final check.

I pack downstairs, close to the front door. That way no bags get left behind and I am not tempted to put in last minute items that usually end up being useless.

I like to post a list of last minute things to do on the front door. We've had some odd things happen when we didn't. The ice makers "off" switch doesn't work, so one year we came home to a huge water mark on the floor. ..... came home to a stinky garage.

I always turn the water off to the whole house whenever we go away.

And yes, got to the Ft. Lauderdale and remembered I forgot to put the trash/garbage out, left it in the kitchen.

Luckily, I called someone, told them where our spare key was and they put it out. 8 days of festering garbage in the summertime would have been pretty bad.

Birth Certificate and Photo ID

Cruise Documents

Double Check Port City Date and Time

Double Check Airline and Date and Time if applicable

Cash

Credit Cards (call credit card companies, let them know you'll be away)

Keys

Those are the only things you absolutely need.

Other things I have on my list:

Send copy of itinerary or inform friends/family/work/school

Arrange Pet Sitter

Refill any Rxs

Clean out Fridge

Run Dishwasher

Run Disposal one last time

Charge Electronics (camera, ipod, etc)

Pack Electronics/Book (camera, iPod, etc)

Double check washing machine, make sure you don't leave clothes in it

Lock all windows

Fresh Food for Pets

Water Plants

Lock all Doors

Also remember pajamas, dress socks, dress belts, swimsuit and sunscreen. Those seem to be the most often forgotten items in our family.

Enjoy!

Ha ha ha ALWAYS! :o

Archived