Joining Mid way

I am new to cruising and this may be a naive question.

If a ship is going from,say, Barcelona via Nice, Rome, Naples and Corfu then back to Barcelona, is it possible to join the cruise at, say, Nice for the remainder of the trip? (Assuming there are of course vacancies on board).:confused:

I am new to cruising and this may be a naive question.

If a ship is going from,say, Barcelona via Nice, Rome, Naples and Corfu then back to Barcelona, is it possible to join the cruise at, say, Nice for the remainder of the trip? (Assuming there are of course vacancies on board).:confused:

not really. you must make arrangements ahead of time to miss the ship AND the port call must AGREE to let you come on board. and there is zero discount..

consideration is made if you miss embarkation( Thank you , SANDY! :mad: ) and must fly to meet the ship at it's first port call. but you cannot just blithely not show up at embarkation then try and get on board at a later date/port.

Yes -- it can be done in most cases.

But you need to make all the arrangements months before you can get on the ship -- and you may have to pre-pay certain fees for this special "cruise". Then you need to get everything in writing!!!

On a couple of our Med cruises we met some people who did this and they said that it was not worth the extra fees only to end up in a cabin not to their liking.

JMO -- I would not do this.

Archived