another prepay gratuities ?

is there somewhere online that I can prepay my gratuities? I have never done this. Will they give you something to give the waiters etc, I don't want them to think I didn't pay. Also I may want to give them a little extra. Anyway, I have been searching online on rccl but can't fine out where to pay it? thanks

is there somewhere online that I can prepay my gratuities? I have never done this. Will they give you something to give the waiters etc, I don't want them to think I didn't pay. Also I may want to give them a little extra. Anyway, I have been searching online on rccl but can't fine out where to pay it? thanks

Vouchers are no longer included with the envelopes. If you would like to add something extra to the envelope you can always include a note of thanks.

I believe you have to call RCI to have the gratuities added to your invoice.

If you booked your cruise via Royal's website, there should be an option to add gratuities. If you called Royal to book, or used a travel agent, you will have to call them to add gratuities.

The staff is notified as to which guests have paid tips. These are the stateroom attendant, head waiter, waiter, and assistant waiter. You will also receive envelopes before the last dinner in case you wish to add more to the standard tips.

you can opt to add gratuities to your account on line. I have done this every time even if we did not have MTD.

however they no longer provide the vouchers to give to your steward and waiters. they will, however, be notified who did and did not pay.

you are certainly allowed to give extra if you desire. you can get envelopes at Guest services, or just provide your own. ( I will be using some leftover homemade holiday cards as our next cruise is over Christmas)

( I will be using some leftover homemade holiday cards as our next cruise is over Christmas)

Just make sure it's not offensive to the employee as they come from all sorts of religions. Of course they will only smile and thank you to stay employed.

We were on Grandeur in July and they were encouraging people to pre-pay once on board. We chose the MTD option so pre-paid our grats with our booking via the TA.

Re vouchers, it seems that some ships have introduced the new voucherless system (as on Grandeur and Independence) but others have not? We didn't love it because if, like you, if you wish to reward some staff with a little extra, it cannot be done subtly anymore. What I mean is, in the past you used to be able to give all of your staff members an envelope with the vouchers inside and add whatever you wanted - no other staff member would know one person was given more or less. I agree with another post, take along you're own thankyou cards so you have some token of gratitude to give each special staff member and to be able to reward others extra without stiffing others.

we are prepaying thru our TA with a visa gc. then all the money we have in OBC ($400) is all for us to play with. The GC will cover the gratuities and the parking. And now that we can bring a couple bottles of win we will have that much extra to play with...like maybe a little bauble from the jewelry store on board?

Archived