Flying into Orlando day before Port Canaveral Cruise

mon1jan1

Hi Everyone! I need your help. It's been years since I cruised out of Port Canaveral. I'm going to fly into Orlando the day before, any suggestions on van/taxi service to Port Canaveral and hotels? I will be travelling with my 76 year old mother, 17 year old daughter, husband and sister.

If anyone has any van service names or phone numbers I would appreciate it if you could recommend to me.

We don't travel until July 15, 2013 on the Enchantment of the Seas, but I'm not a last minute person and want to get this taken care of.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Janet

Rent a car. We did last year - $35 one way rental. And the car rental place where we returned the car was at the hotel! We had the car the night before to go out to dinner and run errands (we buy all liquids in FL). In the morning we were able to go to Mass. We took the car to the rental counter and they drove us to the ship. SO easy and much less $ than a bunch of cabs.

Kathy

Check out ATC (Around the Clock) Charter service. When hubby and I sailed out of Port Canaveral last year, we were pleased at their timeliness and their reasonable cost. They hqve a website also. Highly recommend them, although I'm certain that there are many others.

We have used Travelynx and Cocoa Beach shuttles, both worked out perfectly. We've rented cars from Avis and Budget when we were coming into Orlando a couple of days early. I don't recommend renting a car for a quick trip to/from the airport, it was a lot more trouble and time consuming.

Rather than shuttles, I agree with the rental car idea. Since you're coming in the day prior to your cruise, then you can make the easy drive to Cocoa Beach, have your car for that evening/next morning at your disposal. We did just that on our recent cruise out of PC, and it was very easy and less expensive than a shuttle.

If you were flying in the day of the cruise which I don't recommend I would use a shuttle service for transportation to Port Canaveral. Since you are doing the smart thing by flying in a day early I would rent a vehicle at the Orlando Airport, spend the night in either the Orlando area or drive to Cape Canaveral and spend the night there. Then drop off your family at Port Canaveral along with your luggage and return the rental vehicle. You then return to Port Canaveral on the shuttle which is a free service provided by all rental companies. Budget, Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise are all located close to Port Canaveral in Cape Canaveral. The locations are along A1A (Astronaut Blvd).

• 3 weeks later...
Rent a car. We did last year - $35 one way rental. And the car rental place where we returned the car was at the hotel! We had the car the night before to go out to dinner and run errands (we buy all liquids in FL). In the morning we were able to go to Mass. We took the car to the rental counter and they drove us to the ship. SO easy and much less $ than a bunch of cabs.

Kathy

:D I love this idea! Can you please give me more details? ex: What rental company? Did you set it up ahead of time? What hotel were you at? etc......

Thanks Kathy!

:D I love this idea! Can you please give me more details? ex: What rental company? Did you set it up ahead of time? What hotel were you at? etc......

Thanks Kathy!

we used budget. definitely set it up ahead of time.we stayed at the days inn in satellite beach. I wouldnt reccomend it. the hotels in cocoa beach (and the area as well) seemed much nicer and I would stay there next time.

I plan to rent a car on the way there as we arrive on Friday and the cruise leaves Sunday. We plan to explore the area and go to the Space Center on Saturday. Not sure if I'll rent a car on the way back or get a shuttle - I guess it will depend on when our flights home leave.

We will be staying at the Courtyard there as I have some Marriott points saved up.

This is for FOS cruise on May 19.

Archived