Is it possible to make a 10:25am flight?

geopat19

Yes. We've made an 8:30 flight out of FLL when we docked in MIA!!! If everything goes as planned, you should be fine. That doesn't mean there won't be any circumstances that would prevent you from making that flight time, but in general, you should be fine.

WOW! That's impressive!! Okay, that helps me alot! Thanks!

It really depends on which ship you are sailing. If you are on the Allure or Oasis, you have a good chance of making that flight because they come into the new terminal. If it is another ship at a different terminal, it could be tight.

Keep in mind that a 7am arrival time does not mean you get off the ship at 7am. The ship will have to be cleared by Customs and then depending on if you do self assist disembarkation which gets you off the ship quickest you might still not get off the ship until 7:45am to 8am. Also what port are you arriving into? Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) or POM (Miami)?

Yes. We've made an 8:30 flight out of FLL when we docked in MIA!!! If everything goes as planned, you should be fine. That doesn't mean there won't be any circumstances that would prevent you from making that flight time, but in general, you should be fine.

That is IMPRESSIVE!

I am glad someone asked this question. We also have a flight out of FLL at 1025am. We will be coming in on AOS and docking at 615am. I booked the tickets and PRAY we will make it. We will have a 2 year old in tow.

It really depends on which ship you are sailing. If you are on the Allure or Oasis, you have a good chance of making that flight because they come into the new terminal. If it is another ship at a different terminal, it could be tight.

OP most likely is not on Oasis/Allure as we know those ships usually dock around 5:30am-5:45am and OP docks at 7am.

What time did you dock in Miami? It's at least a 35-40 minute ride to FLL from POM. I'm guessing your ship docked at maybe 5am?

Just wondering if it is at all possible to make a 10:25 am flight from Fort Lauderdale Airport if the ship arrives back in port at 7:00 am?

Generally that flight time is doable so long as there is not a delay in the ship arriving, the ship being cleared for debarkation, being cleared by a customs official after you exit the ship, or unusually bad traffic to the airport (usually it is just a 10 minutes ride). There is some risk if delay arise (sometimes they do) and as such I would recommend opting for self-debarkation and hustling - i.e. being among the first batch of people off the ship. That will buy you a little extra wiggle room if a delay crops up and if they are short customs officials you will hopefully be in line before the line become backed up.

Something to consider though. Even with early departure from the ship, all it takes to ruin your day is a hiccup at customs that throws in a delay of an hour or two. Should that happen, you might be watching your flight leave about the time you reach the gangplank.

To me, that flight is too early and a recipe for a very stressful day. I'd move it down to at least just after noon for sheer safety and peace of mind. But that's me, YMMV. :)

Wow. That's some connection you made there! I was on a post cruise excursion out of FLL for a drop off at MIA and missed my flight due to a fender bender on the freeway.....

I'll let you know on the 19th! I regret booking this, but we are staying optimistic :p

We will be on the Liberty and will do the self debarkation.

Wish us luck!

Well, good luck.

I hated disembarking LOS on deck 1... Not enough elevators, so people had to carry luggage down multiple flights.

Oasis and Allure, no problem. I made an 8:50 flight with tons of time to spare. As for the others, be careful. I've been on 2 cruises where non-US citizens didn't report where they were supposed to and the ship couldn't clear for debarkation. But barring any uncommon situations, you should be okay. Its a quick ride to the airport and there are plenty of cabs lines up ready and waiting. Even if you weren't off of the ship until 8:30, you should still be okay if you take your own bags off for express debarkation.

Have a great cruise!

Just wondering if it is at all possible to make a 10:25 am flight from Fort Lauderdale Airport if the ship arrives back in port at 7:00 am?

You should be fine as long as:

1. you plan to do express walk off

2. this is not a cruise returning from a transatlantic sailing

Thanks everyone for all your input!! We will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas coming into Port Everglades. I waited a bit too long to purchase the airfare and now the afternoon flights are either sold out or outrageously expensive that leaves 10:25 am and 7:25pm.... which isn't great because we dont' want to wait around all day.

I got off of the Allure Sunday. I walked off with luggage at 6:15, was as the airport by 6:35, checked in and sitting at my gate at 7:05 for a 10:15 flight. Easy as pie.

That's nice!

What if there is fog and the ship doesn't dock until 9AM???

Agree with all the previous posters - Allure and Oasis are great - the other ships just don't seem to have it down so well! Also, lots of "possible" delays as also previously mentioned.

Our biggest problem, and we have never missed a flight, but had a few close calls, has been with the lines at the airport security check points. We always seem to hit a lot of people there - and we have priority airline clearance through their "fast" lane.

Ok - we will be disembarking Liberty on a Saturday - she is scheduled to arrive Port Everglades at 7AM ... there will be 4 other ships (Indy, Eurodam, Caribbean Princess & Oasis) with a 19,314 port load. With checked luggage (no self-disembarkation) should we have any problems making a 1130AM FLL Delta flight? Appreciate any input. FJG

Ok - we will be disembarking Liberty on a Saturday - she is scheduled to arrive Port Everglades at 7AM ... there will be 4 other ships (Indy, Eurodam, Caribbean Princess & Oasis) with a 19,314 port load. With checked luggage (no self-disembarkation) should we have any problems making a 1130AM FLL Delta flight? Appreciate any input. FJG

Make sure you ask your cabin attendant for the first group of luggage tags AFTER the self-disembarkation people. You should be fine.

What time did you dock in Miami? It's at least a 35-40 minute ride to FLL from POM. I'm guessing your ship docked at maybe 5am?

We docked at 6:00 am. It wasn't planned this way. There's no way I would have planned a fligth out of FLL before 10:30 am when we sailed into POM. We had an 11 am flight, but we self disembarked, had a private car waiting for us (there were 6 of us plus luggage) and when we got in line at the airport to check in at about 7:45 am they made a call for anyone who wanted to get on an earlier flight to MKE. They checked us in, we were almost the only 6 on the plane and we were having lunch in Milwaukee by 11:30 am. CRAZY!

Archived