eclipse left port everglades

scumbers

so glad to watch the celebrity eclipse leave fort lauderdale tonight. means i am getting closer to bein on her

just a quick question

it looked like there was loads of colourful lights on the outside of the ship on 1 level - see below

ship.png

there are all on the same level as the arrow but it was more prominent on the webcam a little earlier

cheers

I noticed the same thing, but I don't have an explanation. Normally the ship does not display colored lights as they can interfere with navigation.

The sailaway clearly showed green, blue and yellow lights....possibly reflected light is prismatic?

David

Thanks very much for posting the photo. Along with Linda & RodPat, I will be on Eclipse next week. We had a wonderful cruise earlier this year, and are looking forward to being onboard Eclipse once again.

It's going to be a very bittersweet sailing without Dad, especially as Eclipse was his final cruise, in April. I'm hoping that Mom & I will be able to have a good time, and put some smiles on our faces. We've been heartbroken since losing my beloved Father 9 weeks ago. I hope the Cruise will help ease our sadness.

As I hope many of our members are aware, I always post while onboard. However, for this sailing, I'm not planning on being very active, as I'm exhausted, and must try to get some rest. Also, on our last Eclipse sailing, the internet was very unreliable, so that could be a factor as well.

As long as things are going well, I will try my best to share some insights while onboard. Thank you for your understanding and support. I truly appreciate it.

Thanks very much for posting the photo. Along with Linda & RodPat, I will be on Eclipse next week. We had a wonderful cruise earlier this year, and are looking forward to being onboard Eclipse once again.

It's going to be a very bittersweet sailing without Dad, especially as Eclipse was his final cruise, in April. I'm hoping that Mom & I will be able to have a good time, and put some smiles on our faces. We've been heartbroken since losing my beloved Father 9 weeks ago. I hope the Cruise will help ease our sadness.

As I hope many of our members are aware, I always post while onboard. However, for this sailing, I'm not planning on being very active, as I'm exhausted, and must try to get some rest. Also, on our last Eclipse sailing, the internet was very unreliable, so that could be a factor as well.

As long as things are going well, I will try my best to share some insights while onboard. Thank you for your understanding and support. I truly appreciate it.

Andy

You do enough for us all; take this opportunity to take a much need rest and forget about Cruise Critic. Everyone on these board will wish you and your Mother well.

Sue

I noticed the same thing, but I don't have an explanation. Normally the ship does not display colored lights as they can interfere with navigation.

The sailaway clearly showed green, blue and yellow lights....possibly reflected light is prismatic?

David

IMO, it is a prism effect as those lights are viewed through the sloped and curved windows of the uncovered tenders in that area. The lifeboats are covered but not the tenders. Here a shot I took earlier this year of that section of the Eclipse .

attachment.php?attachmentid=251339&d=1352564844

DSC09487a.jpg.fadc3d813961f1332480b63d575eeb36.jpg

Have a restful cruise.

Andy, Have a peaceful cruise.

And Thanks for all you do for us on CC.

Andy, there are priorities in life.

I am an 8 year cancer survivor. I never take life for granted, for a single day.

I take time each day, to enjoy the many "little things", that others never take the

time to observe.

After your dedication to Cruise Critic, the priority has now shifted to your own well being.

It is time to take a break, from your loyalty to Cruise Critic members, and address your

own needs, for once.

You should not feel compelled to provide ANY reviews from the Eclipse.

Enjoy the Eclipse with your mother, and cherish the fond memories that you both have.

Life is fragile, savor your time with your mother. We understand.............

Have a wonderful vacation and get the rest you need to feel refreshed and re-energized.

Can I ask HOW unreliable the internet was on Eclipse... that is our ONLY real way to check in on the kids back home and we are on the Jan 25th cruise so I am wondering what to expect...

Thanks

Chass

Can't wait to sail with you again in just few more days.

Have a wonderful vacation and get the rest you need to feel refreshed and re-energized.

Can I ask HOW unreliable the internet was on Eclipse... that is our ONLY real way to check in on the kids back home and we are on the Jan 25th cruise so I am wondering what to expect...

Thanks

Chass

Just off the eclipse TA and internet for us was pretty good, although there were some periods (minutes) when we couldn't connect. We signed on about three times a day to get/send mail.

We ran into others who said internet was just awful.

Maybe we were lucky...or maybe they were trying to look at web stuff online.

Thanks

Chass

The internet service will vary from moment to moment and from place to place. It's a satellite connection. It just requires a bit of patience and persistence. The one thing I can guarantee you is that it will be slower than your hardwired broadband connection at home.

Archived