To PG PR

FlightMedic555

It is disappointing that for approximately 18 months the PG website still does not allow access to our reservations and shore excursions. I know I can make phone calls but in 2012 this is not state of the art. It also raises my concern that PG does not have the financial means to upgrade the website. A few months ago you told me it was being worked on and would be resolved shortly.

What is the real issue?

Dear FlightMedic555 and Motu Islander:

Thank you for your comments. I would like to assure you that Paul Gauguin Cruises is in good financial status and we look forward to launching our new ship next month which will sail the Caribbean, Latin America, and Europe. We are continuing to upgrade our website. The reason our online booking service is not up and running yet is due to encountering technical issues when switching reservations systems which has delayed the process in launching the new online booking system. We thank you for your patience, and we hope to have the booking system up and running very soon. In the meantime, please contact us by phone at 800-848-6172 for anything you need regarding your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

I do appreciate your response. Unfortunately it is absurd that the reservation system has been off line for 1 1/2 years. I realize that you personally cannot fix this issue but it does not bode well for the management of PG that this cannot be rectified.

It is always a concern to a consumer when a very basic piece of a system is not functional for such a long period of time. Reasons include lack of financial resources, lack of technical ability and incompetence. I am challenged to come up with a potentially logical reason for this issue and my list of 3 possibilities, although not all encompassing, points in a negative direction for PG regardless of which possibility is at fault.

On the other hand PG Cruises has great customer service. Every time I've called they are quick with the information and/or a return call/email with the answer.

Yes it would be nice to have the web site up and running in all it's glory but it wouldn't hinder me from making a reservation. Well ran cruise line.

IMO there is a greater need to fix the Excursion desk. Other than Sandy in the travel Concierge department who is excellent - we have had a few misses with this desk going back to Regent days. One time my DD and myself were booked in different hotels post cruise. Another time we were abandoned in Rarotonga at the airport after an excursion. Our complaint was met with a shrug of shoulders as though wasting our time was of no importance. Another time our bags were sent to the airport in Fiji instead of the hotel. Most of us just had casual sun wear which we couldnt really wear during a long flight etc etc.

I know others have had similar bad experiences. This is the weakest link in the cruise experience on the PG and could do with a real shake up starting from the top of this department. At the very least this department needs to understand that they are not doing us a favour by being there but they would be superfluous without us passengers.

A well run excursion desk is very much part of the whole cruise experience. With the cruise schedule so standardized there should be no inefficiencies here and yet when I compare it to larger ships in the similar ( luxury/premium categories ) I find it wanting.

PG personalized services is a whole different ballgame. Their response is quick and complete and you get the feeling they are there to help and support you and make your holiday special. Kudos to those staff.

• 5 months later...

Maybe this will be the last time I bring this up but as you can see from this thread, started last year, the problem still has not been resolved. Regardless of the quality of the staff who answer the phone calls I can't fathom any reason why the PG computer system can't be fixed.

Repeated responses from the PG team that we hope to have the system up soon is a little lame. A five star cruise line should have 5 star service during EVERY aspect of the customer experience.

Just my humble unsolicited opinion.

I too would be interested in the answer to this. I understand you can ring to pre book your excursions etc but there are not only US based customers' booking. I will have to call from New Zealand which as you can appreciate is rather expensive.

I don't understand why this problem would take so long to be rectified?

• 1 month later...

I agree that the lack of online resources and access is ridiculous. I would like to be able to book excursions and dining online. I would also be able to check availability for specific cruises and cabins online. This is normal--why should it take so long?

Archived