Am I making a mistake (RE: jeans)?

reginaphalange

If you don't normally wear jeans, why would you bring them on vacation?

I rarely wear jeans, and certainly don't travel with them. If you have clothing options that fit you & your style & the activities/climate where you'll be, you'll be fine:p

No, you absolutely will not have the occasion to wear them. I live in Michigan and we generally don't wear jeans in the summer. If I were on a casual line in the Caribbean, I might bring white or the currently in style colored jeans.

I wear jeans for my travel days. When flying (and I know people don't want to think about this), I dress conscientiously for egressing and what will protect and not melt to my skin. That includes sensible footwear.

It's good to see someone else who thinks that way. It's exactly what I do. I sometimes look at how people are dressed for a flight and think that's someone who will never survive a survivable crash.

:D I am not alone! I usually think I am a freak, but being prepared is one way I have gotten over my debilitating fear of flying. I no longer have to take valium!

Robin

Instead of jeans I would take cotton knit pants with pockets. Protect from sunburn, can be used with a blouse in MDR, easy to rinse out and easy to pack in carryon for emergency pair of pants. Jeans are just not in the bag when 50 pounds is the limit. I wear my heaviest pants that have pockets and are comfortable on the plane (saves suitcase weight!). If you don't like to wear pants, then lucky you can get 3 light sundresses in for the weight of one pair of jeans type pants. Jeans can't go to the MDR either.

I'm not much of a jeans-wearer. They're just not my thing. Am I making a mistake by not planning on bringing a pair on our Caribbean cruise? I'm having a hard time thinking of what I could possibly need them for...?

Without reading other people's responses I just want to say...listen to what is going on in your own mind. You're already wondering what you need them for, just because others wear them should have no bearing on your decision.

People should think this way before packing any item, don't just assume you need it because it's on someone else's packing list.

Ex. I don't take jeans on a warm weather cruise, but I'll take along a pair of capri length lounging pants. We like to lay around on sea days in our own cabin and on the balcony. Plus, we like to go up on deck for walks at night and it's nice to have longer lightweight pants for that. These pants take half the space and weight of a pair of jeans. You may not need them, some people are more interested in life around the ship and never go for walks at night nor do they lounge around in their cabins.

Without reading other people's responses I just want to say...listen to what is going on in your own mind. You're already wondering what you need them for, just because others wear them should have no bearing on your decision.

People should think this way before packing any item, don't just assume you need it because it's on someone else's packing list.

Ex. I don't take jeans on a warm weather cruise, but I'll take along a pair of capri length lounging pants. We like to lay around on sea days in our own cabin and on the balcony. Plus, we like to go up on deck for walks at night and it's nice to have longer lightweight pants for that. These pants take half the space and weight of a pair of jeans. You may not need them, some people are more interested in life around the ship and never go for walks at night nor do they lounge around in their cabins.

Great point! I'll be bringing a few pair of yoga pants for working out/talking walks in the evenings. I could LIVE in those.

As for the dressing precautiously for travel by plane, we're driving. I'll likely wear a maxi dress and cardigan. Cute & comfy!

Archived