Room Service Menu

We will be going on Voyager of the Sea's early next yr (1st with RCI) and wondered what the room service menu offer's. Thank's :)

Here's a sample from Royal's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/RCI_CSD_RoomService_Eng.pdf

EDIT: Not sure how old that menu is. I don't remember the Fried Chicken Drumettes the last time I looked at the on board menu.

Let me add that we traditionally do breakfast in our cabin, on the balcony. We learned a while back that you can write in stuff (on the room service menu that you hang on your door) and will get them - example: grapefruit, English Breakfast (as opposed to generic) tea, etc.

If in doubt, call room service and ask - again, as was suggested to us by our cabin steward a couple of cruises back, "it all comes from the same kitchens" so if it's in Windjammer, they will *probably* get it for you!

Enjoy!

(Oh, one warning - eggs tend to come 'warm' in the morning!)

Would you be able to get steak like the New York ones you can get from the dining room?

you may order from the full MDR menu only if booked in a GS or higher. they will actually provide the daily menu in the cabin. ( and it's also available on the Concierge Lounge as well as menus for the specialty restaurants.)

If you get any items off that menu, imo the three best ones are the steak sandwich, the honey stung chicken (the wedges make this one) and the beef burger. The burger is far better than the crap ones in the Windjammer, and the steak sandwich is to die for.

Is the steak sandwich the shaved type steak, covered with melted cheese?

I read somewhere there was a steak sandwich ordered, I believe it was at lunch in the MDR tho, but came as a whole steak slapped on a bun. Can't remember which cruiseline this was on.

NOT my idea of a yummy steak sandwich.

Also, on my 1st RCL cruise, I ordered a room service burger. It was a beautiful looking, big juicy burger, with lettuce and tomato. I took a big bite, and it was so "spicy" I just couldn't eat it. I couldn't believe they could ruin that gorgeous burger with a bunch of spices. This was several years ago, so wondering if the ones they serve now days, are also spicey?

Is the steak sandwich the shaved type steak, covered with melted cheese?

I read somewhere there was a steak sandwich ordered, I believe it was at lunch in the MDR tho, but came as a whole steak slapped on a bun. Can't remember which cruiseline this was on.

NOT my idea of a yummy steak sandwich.

Also, on my 1st RCL cruise, I ordered a room service burger. It was a beautiful looking, big juicy burger, with lettuce and tomato. I took a big bite, and it was so "spicy" I just couldn't eat it. I couldn't believe they could ruin that gorgeous burger with a bunch of spices. This was several years ago, so wondering if the ones they serve now days, are also spicey?

The last time we had the steak sandwich it was not the shaved type, it was a whole steak.

and it's also available on the Concierge Lounge as well as menus for the specialty restaurants.)

Ships that have had the Royal Advantage upgrades (in drydock visit) have the new information kiosk touch screens in most elevator areas and elsewhere that have full menus. Very convenient and easy to use.

After all the discussion of the Bistro Burger I had to try one on cruise last May. It was every bit as good as I had expected. Don't recall it being overly spiced but being a pepperhead it would be hard for me to tell.

ok...it is lunch time at work, so all of this is making me very hungry :) this will be my first RCI cruise, so I am looking forward to trying new things on the room service menu...I will definitely have to try a steak sandwich and a bistro burger...also, that spinach and artichoke dip (one of my favorite appetizers)

what kinds of things can you get for breakfast (per the printed menu)? On Carnival, you could only get breads, danish, cereal, fruit, yogurt and the like...in other words, it was mostly the continental type breakfast items...on RCI can you get eggs and bacon for example?

ok...it is lunch time at work, so all of this is making me very hungry :) this will be my first RCI cruise, so I am looking forward to trying new things on the room service menu...I will definitely have to try a steak sandwich and a bistro burger...also, that spinach and artichoke dip (one of my favorite appetizers)

what kinds of things can you get for breakfast (per the printed menu)? On Carnival, you could only get breads, danish, cereal, fruit, yogurt and the like...in other words, it was mostly the continental type breakfast items...on RCI can you get eggs and bacon for example?

Yes, but only scrambled eggs, no eggs to order from room service. Oatmeal too.

Are the room service eggs actually real eggs? (Or at least egg beaters?)

I've heard talk of powdered eggs, but I can't remember where people were saying they were served powdered eggs. Windjammer, maybe?

I'm planning on ordering room service breakfast often - and my BF can be really picky about eggs. :rolleyes:

In January, we have an aft junior suite and we are traveling with about a dozen friends. I'm pretty sure that our room will be the room to enjoy our carry-on bottles of wine one evening.

If we have a get together, is it appropriate to order several cheese plates and spinach/artichoke dips to enjoy as a group?

We've always had an OV on our previous cruises and I have never done this before so I'm just wondering.........:o

Archived