DCL When to book?

SD449

Hi Everyone

I think we have finally picked our 1st Cruise :) looking at the Disney Magic sailing on 18th Jan 13

My question is when is the best time to book?

I have been told by friends 6 weeks before, but they have never sailed Disney

BUT DCL currently have a Kids Sail Free Offer with a £380 saving, I can;t find out when this offer ends though.

Please help

(I have also posted this on the DCL page as I didn't know the best place to post, sorry if you have read it twice)

It's already getting late with only two months to go. Many people book up to a year and a half out to get the cabin/location that they wish on the ship. The longer you wait the less likely you are to get what you want. Most ships sail full or very close to it these days. Enjoy the trip and welcome to the board.

Hi Everyone

I think we have finally picked our 1st Cruise :) looking at the Disney Magic sailing on 18th Jan 13

I have been told by friends 6 weeks before, but they have never sailed Disney

BUT DCL currently have a Kids Sail Free Offer with a £380 saving, I can;t find out when this offer ends though.

Please help

(I have also posted this on the DCL page as I didn't know the best place to post, sorry if you have read it twice)

book NOW cuz that KSF offer is not gonna last long and there are only a few cabins of each type that qualify.

the best time is to book when the cruise is released.. usually 12-14 months out, that has the best chance of getting exactly what you want and any price reductions between now and final payment can be applied in most cases. (bit not for specials like Kids sail free)

You probably should have booked a long time ago, if location, level or type of cabin is important to you.

It is only good to wait until the last minute if none of those things are important, and you understand you may not get on the ship at all if it sells out prior to your booking. Yes, you may get a good price, and then blow your savings and then some on a last minute airfare.

If you book early, and the fare goes down after your booking, but before final payment, most cruise lines will give you the new fare. After final payment, all bets are off. A little reading on the boards ill find this discussed regularly.

Hi Everyone

To be very honest, the best time to book is right when the itineraries are released. With Disney, the prices only go up.

Good luck

Archived