Back From Oasis of the Seas 11/3-11/10

Junebug08

Back to reality after a wonderful week on Oasis of the Seas .

It was a great week on a great ship . We did have one day of rain but

it was an at sea day and there certainly was plenty to do !

We loved all the Trivia games and even won once ! The Love and Marriage

Game was fun and The Quest was crazy funny ( don't bring the kids ) .

The shows were all great ....we watched the Aqua Show from our Boardwalk balcony . We enjoyed the Comedy Show and the Ice Show was very good ! Come Fly With Me and Hairspray were entertaining as well. We played BINGO and I was one breath away from winning $6000 when someone in the back realized she had BINGO and started waving her card in the air ! ( Frustrating !) We loved lounging in the whirlpools and by the pools, never to much of a problem getting chairs .

I have to say the staff of the Oasis was outstanding , friendly and helpful .

If there was one thing I would change it would be my Boardwalk room , not that it was awful ...it wasn't, but we really missed our oceanview .

You really do need to keep the heavy drapes closed at night because everything you've read about seeing into the rooms opposite you is true.

I was sitting on my balcony one evening and saw a women walk out of her bathroom completely naked ( YIKES ) and proceed to get dressed ! Now I would have much preferred an ocean view to that sight ! Like I said it wasn't bad but if I were to do it again I would much rather have the ocean view cabin .

We found the food to be quite good , small portions but the waiter always brought us an extra entree to share . We had dinner at Giovanni's one night and it was excellent ! The Roast Beef sandwiches at the Park Cafe were yummy and you can get excellent salads there too . Our favorite place to eat breakfast was Johnny Rockets ( free for breakfast) we never had to wait for a seat and breakfasts ( eggs, pancakes, french toast ) are made to order !

Leaving the ship was sooooo easy . We were concerned because we had a 9:45 flight . We used the walk off option and were off the ship by 6:30 AM. All you do is keep your luggage in your room and walk off the ship with it between 6:15 and 7:30 !

Loved our week on the Oasis and would recommend this ship to anyone looking for a great cruise experience !!!

We are sailing in 3 weeks from saturday and can't wait!!! One question, did you happen to check out your photos at the kiosk? How many do they have, thinking if the ship is full, it would be a zoo trying to see your own photos. Hopefully they are open 24 hours so we could just check them out late at night or early morning. I know some people will be there for hours looking at the same pictures!!:rolleyes:

We are sailing in 3 weeks from saturday and can't wait!!! One question, did you happen to check out your photos at the kiosk? How many do they have, thinking if the ship is full, it would be a zoo trying to see your own photos. Hopefully they are open 24 hours so we could just check them out late at night or early morning. I know some people will be there for hours looking at the same pictures!!:rolleyes:

We were on the same cruise (and the one 2 weeks before it), and we never had a problem using the kiosks. Plus, they have personal "folders" for your other photos...very easy to find! See you on the 8th!!!!

Peter

On Oasis and Allure, each cabin has a binder, the number and location will be noted on your seapass card. The only photos on the display walls were for those people the face recognition program didn't/couldn't recognize! You can get to your binder anytime the photo gallery has an attendant. I do remember going up there once and there were gates covering the carousels where the binders are kept. Guess they don't want anyone helping themselves to printed photos!

As far as the naked person in the cabin across the way--blechhh!

Just sailed Oasis in October. The photo area is CRAZY busy the last day. I believe it was open until midnight that day. Kiosks were hard to get to view photos. Some of my photos were not available to view on the kiosk and were not in my binder or the wall. Had to ask an attendant. It is a good idea to check your photos periodically throughout the cruise to avoid the long lineups on the last day.

We were at the airport very quick ....15 minutes tops ! There are tons of cabs at the terminal .We had a 9:45 flight and did the curbside check in ( JetBlue) . We had plenty of time to eat breakfast at the airport and relax before our flight !

Yes picture place was busy on the last day ...other than that no problems with crowds.

Ha Ha ....I doubt the naked lady I saw wanted to be seen ....she was not exactly in shape LOL .

We were at the airport very quick ....15 minutes tops ! There are tons of cabs at the terminal .We had a 9:45 flight and did the curbside check in ( JetBlue) . We had plenty of time to eat breakfast at the airport and relax before our flight !

Yes picture place was busy on the last day ...other than that no problems with crowds.

Ha Ha ....I doubt the naked lady I saw wanted to be seen ....she was not exactly in shape LOL .

The Windjammer opens at 5:30 am for breakfast . If you wanted to , you can have breakfast on the ship and do the express walk off with your luggage and still be at the airport by 7:00 am .

cheers

We were on the same cruise (and the one 2 weeks before it), and we never had a problem using the kiosks. Plus, they have personal "folders" for your other photos...very easy to find! See you on the 8th!!!!

Peter

Looking forward to meeting you guys!!! maybe buying you a drink for the great info on the John Hancock building!!!!:D

Archived