Port of Houston Confirms Princess and Norwegian

markpark

Just read thae news on ABC13. Hopefully Texans will see our prices drop, since there will be more competition. Carnival, Royal, Disney already sailing from Galveston. Norwegian & Princess to start in 2013-14 It is about time

it is about time. it is a nice terminal. and yes, it is "out there".

I think the hotels on the east end of NASA Pkwy (NASA Rd 1) will benefit along with the Kemah Boardwalk for an area to visit (along with NASA) for folks flying in the day before.

it is about time. it is a nice terminal. and yes, it is "out there".

I think the hotels on the east end of NASA Pkwy (NASA Rd 1) will benefit along with the Kemah Boardwalk for an area to visit (along with NASA) for folks flying in the day before.

There's also a Comfort Inn not to far from the terminal that was built around the time the terminal was completed. There's still enough open land around there that I bet we'll see more hotels going up and probably a couple of long term parking lots being built.

I wouldn't be surprised to see these hotels offering shuttle service to the Boardwalk. It's also close enough to Hobby that we might even see a shuttle from there as well.

Just read thae news on ABC13. Hopefully Texans will see our prices drop, since there will be more competition. Carnival, Royal, Disney already sailing from Galveston. Norwegian & Princess to start in 2013-14 It is about time

Actually Princess starts sailing from Galveston next month, December 2012, with the Crown Princess. That ship is sailing from Galveston until April 2013.

Great news! I'm hoping these two lines might have different itenaries from the other lines out of Galveston. It would be nice to see something other than Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

It looks like the Caribbean Princess is doing the same itinerary from Houston as the Crown Princess is doing from Galveston this fall: Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan.

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the cruise port? I thought I read that it is away from the old Port of Houston?

Click here for their map: http://www.portofhouston.com/static/gen/about-us/Cruise/Cruise-map.jpg

For more info on the cruise terminal, click here: http://www.portofhouston.com/about-us/bayport-cruise-terminal/

Kat 50.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Bayport's a nice facility. We sailed out of there in Oct 2008 after Ike devastated the Galveston Cruise Terminal. Parking right in front, literally. Got to drop off our bags early, go each lunch and then board the ship. Glad they finally got the political "stuff" out of the way and putting this to use. Hopefully more lines coming to the South Texas area will lower prices and make more itineries avaliable

• 1 month later...

I'm glad that Carnival has committed to Galveston and has no plans to sail out of Bayport. It's out in the middle of nowhere, no hotels, no restaurants and it takes several hours to get out to sea and unlike cruising from NOLA, I don't think Texas will okay gambling or non-texas taxed liqour sales until they get into international waters.

I'm glad that Carnival has committed to Galveston and has no plans to sail out of Bayport. It's out in the middle of nowhere, no hotels, no restaurants and it takes several hours to get out to sea and unlike cruising from NOLA, I don't think Texas will okay gambling or non-texas taxed liqour sales until they get into international waters.

I have cruised from Bayport in 2008 after Hurricane Ike and from NOLA. It does not take longer to get from Bayport to the open Gulf than it does to go down the Mississippi River all the way from NOLA to the Gulf. And Bayport is not very far from Kemah with their Boardwalk, hotels, restaurants and amusement rides. It is also close to Space Center Houston (NASA). For people flying in it will be much closer to Hobby airport and for people in the Houston area it will be a closer drive than going all the way to Galveston.

Im a glad any cruseline is cruising from Bayport. I look forward to cruising on NCL from there

If we want to cruise on NCL or Princess it is a shorter drive to Bayport. If we want to cruise CCL or RCCL than we drive to Galveston.

It is just nice to have choices like we use to have from So Cal.

Now if they would start doing a 9-11day cruise I would be even happier

Archived