Aboard the Cloud to the Amazon

duct tape

Liars Club last night was very funny, and a major reason was that Duct Tape was one of the panel of liars. I was shocked, shocked I say, at how well she was able to mislead us audience members. Very well done!

We will leave the Amazon and enter the Atlantic in a few hours. We crossed the equator this morning and there will be a typical equator crossing "ceremony" later this afternoon. Should be very funny.

Thanks all for the kind words about postings and photos. And thanks to Emtbsam, Wes, and Duct Tape for the kind words about our anniversary. It was very special.

Dieter and Debbie

Amazon catfish at Terrazza for lunch. Very delicious!

Amazoncatfish.jpg

Silver Cloud anchored at Parintins

CloudanchoredatParintins.jpg

More great photos! Another reminder that the Cloud (and Wind) are among the most beautiful ships afloat. ******

And happy, happy anniversary - I didn't realize you were the celebrants. What a perfect way to mark the date!

****** Heartily agree - and also second the congratulations. :)

Quiet day at sea, enjoying the nice clear waters of the Atlantic. On the way to Barbados, where the cruise ends Friday, so this is probably my last post. The equator crossing ceremony was hilarious as always. A few photos:

Passengers gathering for the "ceremony"

Awaitingequatorceremony.jpg

Prisoners condemned by King Neptune

PrisonersbeforeKingNeptune.jpg

Prisoner being slimed before kissing the fish and being tossed into the pool

Prisonerbeingslimed.jpg

Kissing the fish

kissingthefish.jpg

The fish he kissed

Thefishhehadtokiss.jpg

After they all jumped into the pool

Afterthefinaljumpsintothepool.jpg

More great pix, Dieter, thank you. Forgot to mention 2 things connected to the fresh water supply. The hot tubs have been empty for a few days and this AM, my butler came to ask me not to put any good white things in the laundry until we get to the sea. Can do. Nothing like roughing it on Silversea!!

Great reports that are getting the taste buds going for our trip in late 2013.Hope ss listen to your suggestions re Opera House excursion and on board lecturer ..Expert on all things Amazon for 2013.The latter would be beneficial as the scenery and wildlife appear to be a wonderful one off.Nice to hear the refit has rejuvenated our favourite Cloud and the A/C works.Is the lack of water always a problem on board Amazon trips or is it a one off failure to deliver supplies by the Brazilians?Enjoy the remainder and look forward to your further updates.Best wishes B & M.

Brimary, I know that we missed a fresh water delivery along the way. Other than that, I have no further info. It was never a burden to conserve the water. Our last day @ sea and it turned out to be excellent for packing: overcast and sprinkling in the AM. David (CD) and Gianni (HD) go home tomorrow and Judie and Birgit come to replace them. There are also 30 crew going home so the new group should have lots of energy, It should be a great cruise down to Rio. There are 3 in-transit. Thanx all for the posts and the pix, have a safe trip home and hope to see you all on another SS ship very soon.

Thanks, Duct Tape and gang, for the incredible travelog and photos. The crossing ceremony is so funny, and a nice reminder of the way Silversea can personalize a cruise for a special event or holiday.

Have a safe trip home and, as seems to be the case for Ms. Duct, yet another fabulous cruise.

It was so hard to get off the ship this morning !!!

We docked early, and awoke to see 3 huge ships also docked in Bridgetown. It was a public holiday and all the shops in town were closed !! and it seemed like a zillion people heading there.

We had a great cruise and it was so good to put faces to the CC names at our meet up.

Safe travels home everybody.

Ann

November 30th is Independence Day in Barbados.

When we docked Monday (26th) and toured the island, you could see signs and preparations being made for today's big celebration. We had the entire harbor to ourselves too. I can only imagine how crowded it was with 4 ships docked at the same time.

What an amazing trip and great to meet everyone. The CC group, as mentioned, had a great party and a galley tour with champagne and canapes. Hope all are home safely and enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. It is freezing here in Scotland but after the Amazon temperatures, I shouldn't complain! Here's to the next time!

Got home yesterday at 2 am after an amazing cruise. It was wonderful to meet everyone from cc.com, and we appreciate everything Duct Tape did to arrange the great party for us.

Miami International airport immigration and customs are a nightmare and an embarrassment for all Americans! How thankful I am that we were not there when the awful bus accident took place yesterday.

Hope everyone got home easily.

Enjoyed following everyone's posts during this magnificent cruise on the Amazon.

Welcome Home Victoria and Bob, Dieter and Debbie, Susan and Jim.

This voyage is on our "bucket list".

Look forward to hearing more detail.

Your Canadian friends,

Scott and Jay

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank duct tape for her efforts to make this cruise special for us fellow cruise critics. Even though the amazon was hot, hot, hot, the cloud kept us cool. The refit of the cloud is spectacular and the food in the mdr is wonderful as usual. La champaign is definitely worth the addl $30 and comp wines served were excellent, make sure you have the comp dessert wine with your grand mariner soufflé. It was a pleasure meeting all the fellow cruise critics and I am sure we will meet again. Dieter Thanks for the tip on white chocolate grappa.

Roger

I want to thank duct tape for her efforts to make this cruise special for us fellow cruise critics. Even though the amazon was hot, hot, hot, the cloud kept us cool. The refit of the cloud is spectacular and the food in the mdr is wonderful as usual. La champaign is definitely worth the addl $30 and comp wines served were excellent, make sure you have the comp dessert wine with your grand mariner soufflé. It was a pleasure meeting all the fellow cruise critics and I am sure we will meet again. Dieter Thanks for the tip on white chocolate grappa. Roger

Yes, duck tape was super wonderful during our Norway coast/fjords/above Arctic Circle cruise. She did lots of special and wonderful things to make it an even better experience.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 88,602 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived