Norwegian Epic after Celebrity

Alg63

We sailed the EPIC this last summer in the Med. We had a mini suite for 3 adults (myself and my two daughters). We enjoyed it, although the MDR food left something to be desired.

BTW, the toilet has a door.

The EPIC has a million things going on all the time, lots of fun! Invest in a pass to the Posh Club.

I'll be sailing on Celebrity for the first time in 2 weeks, so I'll have I can post with a comparison then.

We sailed the EPIC this last summer in the Med. We had a mini suite for 3 adults (myself and my two daughters). We enjoyed it, although the MDR food left something to be desired.

BTW, the toilet has a door.

The EPIC has a million things going on all the time, lots of fun! Invest in a pass to the Posh Club.

I'll be sailing on Celebrity for the first time in 2 weeks, so I'll have I can post with a comparison then.

Cheers, I hope you enjoy your cruise and Celebrity impresses.:D

we did the Epic after 2 trips on Eclipse. It's a rather ugly ship outside and does not really feel like a cruise ship inside, more a floating hotel. We didn't like the bathroom configuration or the food or service in the MDR (awful). We did enjoy the speciality restuarants (the teppenyaki is excellent), the entertainment and the wonderful spa with daybeds looking out to the rear of the ship. We went with an open mind and the thought that if we tried to make comparisons we would most certainly be dissapointed. It's a different experience but one worth enjoying if you get a good price.

Does anyone have pictures of the bathroom set up?. I am trying to imagine this but it sounds crazy.Just curious as I will stay with Celebrity.

you should find lots of videos on youtube. It's bearable with a long-term partner but I would not share a cabin with someone that I was not that comfortable with! Take some air-freshener...

you should find lots of videos on youtube. It's bearable with a long-term partner but I would not share a cabin with someone that I was not that comfortable with! Take some air-freshener...
Thank you, I found them.I would be furious if my TA booked me in a cabin like that,how awful.That is withot a doubt one of the ugliest ships I have ever seen.:eek:

Loved the Epic - rebooked it the day we got off, and brought my office staff along for that one. They had a BLAST.

We never ventured into the MDR - staying in a suite we dined in specialty restaurants every night we were not in the suite restaurant (Epic Club).

O'Sheehan's is great 24/7 comfort food. LeBistro was two thumbs up, Cagney's fell short (as it has on every NCL ship we've been on).

We enjoyed the shows (well, Cirque not so much). The blues club (Slam Allen) is something to check out. Dueling pianos, Comedy/Improv shows, and Blue Man Group, and Legends in Concert were fun as well.

Oh - loved the water slides (and I am not a "water slide person")!

Having said all that - the Solstice class ships are more relaxing and feel less crowded.

Tom

Am I missing something here? It seems to me to be a diet issue rather than room design if you need air freshener.:D

Archived