Celebrity Reflection

wdr59911

I'm with GaryCarla, RichSea and the rest who think the bricking should cease and desist!

We are new to Celebrity, usually sail HAL and decided to try the Reflection for our upcoming family cruise. Now I'm thinking I made a HUGE mistake! What I've seen by X sailers is truly an "Elite" mentality!!!

"I'm Elite and I didn't get my free drink and the captain didn't invite me to his table" :eek:

"They gave me a COUPON....*I* do not use coupons" :eek:

"I booked Aqua and I had to wait 12 seconds to get a table in Blu" :eek::eek:

Oh, the humanity of it all!!!

Now y'all are fussing about whose cabin is better than whose! I sure hope I am able to avoid every Elite onboard, I will eat in the MDR with the steerage passengers and I will enjoy my deck 6 hump cabin regardless of what anyone thinks......PLUS I will have a wonderful vacation and say "thank you" to the staff who will make my vacation that much more special.

Please someone tell me I won't be alone?:(

Edited by CaroleSS

I'm with GaryCarla, RichSea and the rest who think the bricking should cease and desist!

We are new to Celebrity, usually sail HAL and decided to try the Reflection for our upcoming family cruise. Now I'm thinking I made a HUGE mistake! What I've seen by X sailers is truly an "Elite" mentality!!!

"I'm Elite and I didn't get my free drink and the captain didn't invite me to his table" :eek:

Now y'all are fussing about whose cabin is better than whose! I sure hope I am able to avoid every Elite onboard, I will eat in the MDR with the steerage passengers and I will enjoy my deck 6 hump cabin regardless of what anyone thinks......PLUS I will have a wonderful vacation and say "thank you" to the staff who will make my vacation that much more special.

You will not be alone. I eat in the main dining room too:)

I agree with every word.

Also some here believe they have the right to insult anyone who does not pray the same god.

Thank you Lois, we'll have us a big ole time!

Feel free to join us anytime!:D

I wish I could join you. I spent 14 nights on her in Oct/Nov and wish I could cruise on her again! Alas, I'll have to wait at least another year, so enjoy her for me!!! You will love being on Reflection.

You shall not be alone!

OK, I will amend my comment, we will avoid all ELITES, but will gladly enjoy the company of all (lower case "e") elites!:D

Especially you Tex! Our eldest was born in Abilene and our soon to be grandbaby is in Pflugerville (outside Austin).

Heck, I'll buy anyone a drink if you just stop by to chat! We're sailing Feb 23, you won't be able to miss all 11 ( ok 11.5) of us!!! :p

OK, I will amend my comment, we will avoid all ELITES, but will gladly enjoy the company of all (lower case "e") elites!:D

Especially you Tex! Our eldest was born in Abilene and our soon to be grandbaby is in Pflugerville (outside Austin).

Honestly, most of the folks on the ship are really nice. I think you will get along with everyone just fine.

BTW, I spent two tours of duty in Abilene when I was in the USAF. :)

Not to be exclusive (which I railed about before), Abilene is the home of Dyess AFB and they fly the B-52s (sometimes referred to as a Big Ugly Fat Fellow -BUFF for short) and the KC-135 (maybe the KC-10 now) which is a refueling aircraft, thus the gas-passer moniker.

Now, that was 30 years ago so some things might have changed since then so YMMV!!!

Sorry to have hijacked the thread for that. I'll stay on subject from now on.:o

I'm so stunned by all of the mindless complaining going on (maybe I shouldn't be... :rolleyes: )

Can't we just appreciate the greatness of a vacation?

I know I have a different perspective with Rory working on board, but golly...I'll take the cruise if it's really going to be that hard to enjoy :p

I should note...I have about 10 countdowns going until I get to see him ;)

Edited by dpryo319

You won't be alone. I love coupons. I also love Celebrity.

Don't let everything you read on these boards taint your overall experience - after all cruise critic is a very tiny subset of the actual ship population on any given roll call. I believe on the inaugural of the reflection we had about 200 people on the roll call - on a ship that holds over 3k. So, no worries. Not everyone is there to one up the rest :-)

As for the 1st/3rd debate, i'm assuming people are saying the 3rd isn't as good because it doesn't have a view forward. I've only sailed in the 1st each time on X and I have to say - I looked over that hump to the front of the ship maybe once or twice per cruise. It's just not something you need to do or really want to. If you do, you feel like you're looking into the balcony next to you lol. I think the 3rd in would be just as good as the 1st, and the size is equal, so everyone have a good time and book your 1As! (and whatever other categories are on the slant lol).

I'm trying M class for the first time next year, and I'm nervous since I love the S class - but well, why not?

I'm excited that I'll be sailing on Reflection this Christmas! We have one of the dreaded "overhang" AQ staterooms (2106), so I'll be sure to report back on what's what!

I am going to try Blu having never done so, and we have some of the specialty dining venues booked. But I will definitely try the MDR as well.

I'll be elite AFTER this cruise, so no drink coupon for me! LOL

Lori

CaroleSS,

You will not be alone. I have booked May 17, 2013 sailing on Reflection. Deck 6, MDR, and I cannot wait. No one will crush my vacation with their opinions.

Spring 2012, I sailed on Celebrity Solistice, with my husband, who constantly complained about the food. I thought the food was fantastic, I am a seafood buff, ordered seafood just about every night, and could not be happier. So you know what, my Reflection cruise, I am leaving him home. I DID NOT HAVE TO COOK. I DID NOT HAVE TO CLEAN, I DID NOT HAVE TO LIFT A FINGER , What is better than that. People, just stop complaining and consider yourself how lucky and fortunate you are to even be able to afford a cruise. Think about the unfortunate. Think about the people that are still trying to pull their lives together after Hurricane Sandy. Just STOP, STOP, STOP.

To the original person posting. You open up your comments and state:

"However, there are lots of changes from the other Solstice class ships and some of them are not for the better. Before I talk about the negative aspects…"

"Some changes are not for the better" according to who? You??

"Before I talk about the negative aspects"... Again, according to who? You???

I am not here to get into a debate with your post, however, you should know, as many other people know that everyone has a different opinion of everything. I think your opening lines sound like you are speaking for everyone, and, that everyone will have, or should have the same opinion as you have.

What you like, dislike, or, feel is different or unacceptable, in many cases will the total opposite with many other people.

Wow that's pretty harsh! Everyone is entitled to their opnion, and should not be bashed for expressing it. Negative to the OP was negative and expressed as such. :)

Edited by maxsales

CaroleSS,

You will not be alone. I have booked May 17, 2013 sailing on Reflection. Deck 6, MDR, and I cannot wait. No one will crush my vacation with their opinions.

Spring 2012, I sailed on Celebrity Solistice, with my husband, who constantly complained about the food. I thought the food was fantastic, I am a seafood buff, ordered seafood just about every night, and could not be happier. So you know what, my Reflection cruise, I am leaving him home. I DID NOT HAVE TO COOK. I DID NOT HAVE TO CLEAN, I DID NOT HAVE TO LIFT A FINGER , What is better than that. People, just stop complaining and consider yourself how lucky and fortunate you are to even be able to afford a cruise. Think about the unfortunate. Think about the people that are still trying to pull their lives together after Hurricane Sandy. Just STOP, STOP, STOP.

I like your attitude. We''ll be on the Transatlantic a couple of weeks prior to your cruise, and we'll keep everything tidy for you. Enjoy!

The third cabin's balcony is identical in size to the one's marked with X

they are the same size but what the hey you are on board a cruise ship that is beautiful your not at work and if you have any problems with any of the balcony's get an inside cabin no worries

Edited by lovemywine
my mistake

I know there must already be a thread on the Reflection but the internet is so slow that I don't want to spend the money to find it...my apologies in advance. I am currently on the Reflection.

Celebrity Reflection is a really lovely ship. All new and shiny. However, there are lots of changes from the other Solstice class ships and some of them are not for the better. Before I talk about the negative aspects….the food and service on the ship is excellent. There are lots of familiar faces from the other ships but also lots of new staff.

The addition of the extra cabins on Deck 12 are just enough to make the ship seem crowded. The elevators seem to always be full and the wait is much longer than on the other Solstice class ships. You also have to consider that this was a Transatlantic crossing and the weather was not exactly great for the deck lounging. Therefore, everybody was inside most of the time.

The increase in the number of Aqua class cabins has apparently caused the Blu restaurant to seem much more hectic and crowded. Please be aware that I was not booked in Aqua class but we met a number of people from Aqua that were now dining in the main dining room. I am sure someone who was in Aqua class can chime in with their opinions.

One of the other big changes is in the size of the Sky Bar. Suites have been added along the sides of the Sky Bar and so the forward portion is a lot more narrow than on the other ships. Where it was really noticeable was on the first night of the Elite cocktail party. Granted, there are 860+ Elite members on board. There are so many elites that they decided to go to a drink voucher system that you could use in most of the bars on the ship between 5:00 and 7:00 PM. Each member was given three vouchers per day but the bars on the ship are pretty jammed until around 6:00 PM when the early seating guests head off to the dining room. I don't think the bar staff is terribly excited about the procedure since it appears that most of the Captains Club members are not tipping. The bar staff in all the bars are really having to hustle and the 15% gratuities are not there for them. A cash tip seems to be appropriate in this situation.

Unfortunately, we are in a Concierge verandah cabin on Deck 12 Aft. I would never book this again and doubt that I would book Concierge class again. To us, lots of hype and certainly not worth the extra money. On deck 12, the verandah cabins are almost semi-obstructed. Some may not agree with this but here is why I use that term. Directly above is Deck 14 which seems to be cantilevered out from the sides of the ship more than on the other Solstice ships. This cantilever and the requisite braces, greatly restrict the view from the cabin and the verandah. You can only see about 10 degrees above the horizon. It also almost completely blocks the sun from hitting the verandah. We have a little sun in the early morning, but only because we are sailing due west on a transatlantic and it is the end of November, so the sun is low on the horizon. Otherwise, complete shade. Now some might like this. The one advantage is you can sit on the balcony when it is raining not get wet. The exception to this are the cabins located along the "bulge" between the elevators and the cabins well forward.

The other problem with these staterooms on 12 is the noise. Cabins 2201-2211 on the port side are directly under the galley of the Oceanview Cafe. Our cabin appears to be directly under the dishwashing station. At 5:00, when the crew comes on duty, the noise is terrible. It sounds like someone is moving furniture on the floor above you. Other passengers in this area are also complaining about the noise so it is not just us. I am not sure about the situation on the starboard side but I assume it would be the same.

The pool has been moved from 12 to 14 on this ship and I suspect that during the pool season, the midship cabins on deck 12 will also have noise when the pool crew sets up the lounges for the day.

All in the all, the ship is okay. Personally, I would have it as my last choice among the Solstice class ships.

Try the Sky Deck for CC and on or near the hump/AFT. It is so peaceful and quiet. Deck 12 has had issues; the same ones that you have mentioned!

That is sad to hear about the Reflection and is why I never want to go on a new ship until these things have been mentioned and I do my homework.:eek::eek:

Well, I just booked Reflection for the 3 nighter next week:D

I am going with a cheap inside cabin and knowing myself the way

I do? I will enjoy all 3 nights:D and especially after all these years

I will finally get to meet Chessbriar too!:D