Celebrity Reflection

wdr59911

Cruisetrail-Aren't the third cabins off the hump also among the largest balconies( same as the first off the hump)? You left them off your list on each deck.

That post is a little misleading. I haven't completely digested it, but you are correct -- the 1st and 3rd off the hump in either direction are the largest, but don't discount the 2nd and 4th. They too have larger balconies. Also, don't forget bed position -- that's very important to some people. For example, we like the bed by the bath, so when on Eclipse in a 1A on the port side, 9215 has the larger balcony with the bed by the balcony, but we took 9211 which is the next larger as it has the bed by the bath.

Thanks, but I'm not trying to win an argument with him. That is as futile as trying to push a rope uphill.

I'm trying to correct his misinformation for those readers who need facts, not bias, to make decisions. Posting falsehoods, incorrect details, and guesses do a great disservice to the readers of these boards. Posters should be honest, factual, and unbiased when sharing information that many people will use to decide on their next cruise adventure. Cruisetrail displays none of those traits.

Hopefully our challenges to his bad information will be helpful to most people.

Ah, I mis-posted then......(I am always willing to say when I am wrong;))

I really just meant to say I appreciate the postings....

I have never sailed many ships and would not attempt to make sure folks

know they are terrible.....since I have never sailed them.

Edited by Lois R

Boogs, I am sick and tired of your constant insulting personal attacks on me.

What a shame to see your posts like this one.

Stop it immediately.

Be civilized.

Provide information that is factual, unbiased, and based on experience, and I will have nothing to correct you on. I hate to see misinformation being tossed out as facts when innocent people may unknowingly believe it. Someone needs to be their advocate, to strive for accurate information that they can use to decide on their next cruise. You are doing people a great disservice by letting you bias cloud the information you post.

Yes, the third cabins off the hump have the largest balconies too, but those cabins are deeper under the overhang, deeper above lifeboats so I haven't marked them as "the best".

Your opinion again. I have sailed in one and, to me,in my opinion is was one of the "best";).

Yes, the third cabins off the hump have the largest balconies too, but those cabins are deeper under the overhang, deeper above lifeboats so I haven't marked them as "the best".

No, they all have the same overhang -- the balcony above them, except for the ones under the pool up forward and dining back aft.

That post is a little misleading. I haven't completely digested it, but you are correct -- the 1st and 3rd off the hump in either direction are the largest, but don't discount the 2nd and 4th. They too have larger balconies. Also, don't forget bed position -- that's very important to some people. For example, we like the bed by the bath, so when on Eclipse in a 1A on the port side, 9215 has the larger balcony with the bed by the balcony, but we took 9211 which is the next larger as it has the bed by the bath.

I prefer the bed by the balcony when we are two and by the bath when we are three.

Hump balconies.

It's clearly seen which is where and which is larger.

The best ones marked with x.

2m2xs1l.jpg

Totally untrue. Until you have been on Reflection, as several of us have, you have no experience with the real ship, but only toxic opinions to spew. You, of all people, with your well observed obsession with condemning Reflection, are the last person anyone should listen to for details on this ship. You CANNOT compare something you have no experience with. :rolleyes:

Sail on her - I dare you. Then, and only then, will you have ANY credibility with your observations. And even then I suspect they will be tinged with negative bias.

I agree with you boogs.. People who have never sailed her should not be giving scathing comments. If they have sailed her, then their points are more relevant. My biggest pet peeve on these boards are people giving information on something they never experienced before. The naysayers. :-)

This is my first day on the board, and already I get the sense that on it there are on-going disputes that I can only liken to Scholastic theology.

You know, quiddities and angels dancing on heads of pins, number of. That Scholastic theology.

It's lightened an otherwise dreary Sunday afternoon. Chapeau.

I prefer the bed by the balcony when we are two and by the bath when we are three.

Hump balconies.

It's clearly seen which is where and which is larger.

The best ones marked with x.

2m2xs1l.jpg

Your "X" just shows the first balcony off the hump as the largest, but the 3rd is the exact same size. You should know this if you sailed on the S-Class and are familiar with the configuration. You should also know that if you have a 3rd person in your stateroom, the bed "must" be by the bath because all the upper berths and fold out sofa beds are by the balcony.

Based on the the photo you have shown, the overhang is exactly the same as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. So, I can say with 1st hand experience, you are wrong in most all your assumptions.

The picture will help.

wu011l.jpg

Yes, that's exactly what I said -- you have the overhang from the pool/buffet area, but the rest of the decks below the overhang is exactly that from the balcony above. Your picture proves my point. :rolleyes:

This is my first day on the board, and already I get the sense that on it there are on-going disputes that I can only liken to Scholastic theology.

You know, quiddities and angels dancing on heads of pins, number of. That Scholastic theology.

It's lightened an otherwise dreary Sunday afternoon. Chapeau.

Well, stick around, dude. It has nothing to do with Scholastic theology. Opinions are just that -- opinions. Facts are just that -- facts.

Yes, that's exactly what I said -- you have the overhang from the pool/buffet area, but the rest of the decks below the overhang is exactly that from the balcony above. Your picture proves my point. :rolleyes:

My point is my pictures.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Since the Celebrity Solstice the first cabins from the hump have been considered the best d/t the largest balcony and better view from the balcony.

Edited by cruisetrail

My point is my pictures.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Since Celebrity Solstice the first from the hump has been considered the best d/t the largest balcony and better view from the balcony.

Well, that's a bunch of crap! I don't have time to go back and correct all your errors in your original post as it's nearly 11pm here in Italy, and we are boarding Equinox in the morning. You are presenting a picture based only on your personal "opinion," and you know what they say about opinions -- everyone has one.

It's your opinion that the first off the hump is the best, but it is "fact" that the 1st and 3rd have the exact same size balconies.

Your "X" just shows the first balcony off the hump as the largest, but the 3rd is the exact same size. You should know this if you sailed on the S-Class and are familiar with the configuration. You should also know that if you have a 3rd person in your stateroom, the bed "must" be by the bath because all the upper berths and fold out sofa beds are by the balcony.

Based on the the photo you have shown, the overhang is exactly the same as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. So, I can say with 1st hand experience, you are wrong in most all your assumptions.

What are you talking about?

The third is the same size - well known and has been repeated here 3 times already..

We have discussed all these cabins 100 times.:eek:

I don't care where 3rd peson "should" be.

I told you what location I prefer and when. We don't use the upper berths.

Well, that's a bunch of crap! I don't have time to go back and correct all your errors in your original post as it's nearly 11pm here in Italy, and we are boarding Equinox in the morning. You are presenting a picture based only on your personal "opinion," and you know what they say about opinions -- everyone has one.

It's your opinion that the first off the hump is the best, but it is "fact" that the 1st and 3rd have the exact same size balconies.

Thanks, Wine-O, for the facts about the size of the balconies and enjoy your cruise aboard the wonderful Equinox, which I sailed on, and really enjoyed!

Have a wonderful time:) my sis and bil are sailing with you!

If you meet them tell them hi...they are Helaine and Kelly:)

Are you willing to read what has been written 10 times?

The-1st-and-3rd-have-the-exact-same-size- balconies.

Have a good night in Italy.:)

What are you talking about?

The third is the same size - well known and has been repeated here 3 times already..

You said: Yes, the third cabins off the hump have the largest balconies too, but those cabins are deeper under the overhang, deeper above lifeboats so I haven't marked them as "the best".

That's a bunch of crap!

Good Night, Gracie! :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful time:) my sis and bil are sailing with you!

If you meet them tell them hi...they are Helaine and Kelly:)

Yes, I will get to know them well. I am setting up the Chef's Table once we get on board, and they are one of the couples participating. :D

Wow. I came to this thread to learn about the Reflection, as we are about to sail her.

Somehow it turned into a slugfest. Filled with non informational posts. Almost as bad as some people that post on their roll call over and over with "Good Morning Everyone". What a waste of time reading though it all.