I will NEVER say NEVER AGAIN - almost live from the Westerdam - November 25th

kazu

We were seated in the dining room at the time they called the BrightStar and right by us was the guests' doctor. She took off immediately and we did later learn the guest survived and was safely evacuated for further care in port the next day.

Thanks for the update Judy:D Glad everything worked out:)

It was the first time I heard a BrightStar called (or perhaps the first time since i joined cruise critic and realized what it was?):o

We had a great time with you too Kelly - hope all is well (you are in Key West still I believe?).

Totally agree - if you like this entertainment make sure you make a note on your surveys - this is something new for HAL and I know they will be watching the feedback. From the people in the room I saw they certainly seemed to be enjoyed:D

Yes!!!! We are stuck (haha) here in Key West all week!!! :D. Feeling great again and having a ball!!!!!! We've taken over 4,000 photos collectively!!!! :D fun scrapbooking ahead!!

Often entertainers are on board only for their performances. With several dam ships in the Caribbean I would think a group like this would play, move to another ship, and perhaps play again on a 3rd ship, returning to the first one before the end of their cruise. I've seen this happen on most ships (excluding Cunard where I do mostly nonstop TA's) and this seems ideal for this situation.

Anyone have information that this isn't what's going on?

Roy

Wouldn't moving from ship to ship would require a helicopter? It's my understanding that the ships are rarely in the same ports at the same time since they're all on different itineraries.

Yes!!!! We are stuck (haha) here in Key West all week!!! :D. Feeling great again and having a ball!!!!!! We've taken over 4,000 photos collectively!!!! :D fun scrapbooking ahead!!

Hi there Kelly - glad to hear your having fun and feeling well, enjoy KeyWest. Looking for your email to send you some pics.. cant find it, please send. (((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Wouldn't moving from ship to ship would require a helicopter? It's my understanding that the ships are rarely in the same ports at the same time since they're all on different itineraries.

If the group is on 7 day sailings - I don't think changing ships would be too much of an issue since most of the ships sail out of Port Everglades. When we disembarked in Port Everglades there was the Noordam and the Nieuw Amsterdam in with us. So Recycled Percussion could transfer to the Nieuw Amsterdam easily I would think

kazu

Did you find out anything about the Chocolate Decadence location and what they have? ( I know -- you don't like chocolate -- but I do. :D)

Hey KK, the Jacques Torres chocolate seduction shop was on the Promenade deck (it was quite impressive) and the Chocolate Decadence was quite a display - I'm wracking my brain - for some reason I think it was in the Vista Restaurant (although I'm more used to the Lido)

Hi there Kelly - glad to hear your having fun and feeling well, enjoy KeyWest. Looking for your email to send you some pics.. cant find it, please send. (((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Hey Lora!!

(sorry to hijack, Kazu!)

Peacelovecruise@gmail.com

As far as jumping from ship to ship..... Ah, no. The Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam are both in fort lauderdale at the same time. They just have to disembark and embark on a different ship! Easy Peasy!!!

Jacqui?! I'd love to see some if Jose's wonderful photos with new gadgets!!! Share if you can, please!!! :D

Hey Lora!!

(sorry to hijack, Kazu!)

Peacelovecruise@gmail.com

As far as jumping from ship to ship..... Ah, no. The Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam are both in fort lauderdale at the same time. They just have to disembark and embark on a different ship! Easy Peasy!!!

Jacqui?! I'd love to see some if Jose's wonderful photos with new gadgets!!! Share if you can, please!!! :D

Kelly - if he will let me near the equipment I will happily send to you. I don't consider this a hijack btw - happy to have anyone on the roll call or even on the cruise chime in.:D:D

If the group is on 7 day sailings - I don't think changing ships would be too much of an issue since most of the ships sail out of Port Everglades. When we disembarked in Port Everglades there was the Noordam and the Nieuw Amsterdam in with us. So Recycled Percussion could transfer to the Nieuw Amsterdam easily I would think

I was responding to a poster that said: "Often entertainers are on board only for their performances. With several dam ships in the Caribbean I would think a group like this would play, move to another ship, and perhaps play again on a 3rd ship, returning to the first one before the end of their cruise."

Sure, it's no problem to hop from ship to ship after the cruise. I was just pointing out that it's a little (a lot!) harder mid-cruise, that in fact it's quite unlikely that they would be playing on three different ships in one week.

Why can't HAL just publish an entertainment schedule? Would that be so hard to do? Is it top secret information?

I'd imagine that would limit their flexibility a bit. Entertainers can often let egos (diva mentality) get in the way of little things like contracts (and singers can lose their voices occasionally). HAL of course reserves the right to substitute entertainment as necessary - that's much easier to do if there's no schedule :D

kazu

Did you find out anything about the Chocolate Decadence location and what they have? ( I know -- you don't like chocolate -- but I do. :D)

We went by it just once and it is a rather small, not particularly inviting spot IMO I noted it, mentioned to DH that is what it was, we both looked at each other, shrugged and moved along. We both LOVE chocolate but it didn't call out to us.

IMO ....

[

Yes, seeing Nieuw Amsterdam and Westerdam are in Port Everglades together every Sunday, it is easy to move entertainers or crew/staff/supplies from one ship to the other. Done often. :)

Just a small matter but to avoid possible confusion, we were with Noordam in St. Maarten. :) Remember we backed in and Noordam drove straight in. :) We shared two sides of the same dock at that port but she wasn't in Port Everglades with us.

We went by it just once and it is a rather small, not particularly inviting spot IMO I noted it, mentioned to DH that is what it was, we both looked at each other, shrugged and moved along. We both LOVE chocolate but it didn't call out to us.

IMO ....

They did have some pretty cool chocolate trivia and chocolate prizes!!!! It's worth stopping by if you like chocolate!! (it was also a nice and quiet spot to sit and chat over chocolate!)

IMO ....

Sounds like it is in the old Erasmus Library.

[

Yes, seeing Nieuw Amsterdam and Westerdam are in Port Everglades together every Sunday, it is easy to move entertainers or crew/staff/supplies from one ship to the other. Done often. :)

Just a small matter but to avoid possible confusion, we were with Noordam in St. Maarten. :) Remember we backed in and Noordam drove straight in. :) We shared two sides of the same dock at that port but she wasn't in Port Everglades with us.

Thanks Judy - I hadn't forgotten the Noordam was with us in St. Maarten - for some reason when we drove from the port I thought I saw another blue hulled beauty. Definitely the Nieuw Amsterdam was there with us - but I thought I saw the Noordam (probably in my dreams:D). I was just glad we weren't flying out that day - there were a lot of ships and a lot of people:eek:

Corrections always appreciated :D

Archived