I will NEVER say NEVER AGAIN - almost live from the Westerdam - November 25th

kazu

No need to apologize, Jacqui. Not everyone has to like chocolate. More for me when they don't! :D

Safe travels home.

I'm a taste person Ruth - I just want a taste - but that chocolate thing in the Pinnacle could turn me into a chocoholic. Fortunately, I stood my ground and DH finished it for me:D Yummy though indeed - lots of chocolate still on board for you I suspect. Now, when we get on the Prinsendam - I could be in deep doo doo;) (chocolate - not my dogs'):D

Thanks for the reply, so how did you like doing the impromptu cruising experience? Would you do last minute cruises if you lived here in Florida?

Actually since most of my cruises are in Europe which necessitate planning this was a nice break. The timing was just right:D If I lived in Florida I could even possibly snatch a Prinsendam transatlantic:p We had a great time - our biggest struggle was the air fare and the hassle that goes with it (hotels, etc.) Anyways, yes, if I lived here I would be willing to tackle it more - however, part of the fun of cruising for me is the planning (thinking Europe here) and I do like the planning part.

So, if I lived in Florida I would do some last minute deals but I would probably still book some that required planning. Caribbean is fun to escape but I far prefer Europe, Australia, New Zealand or South America for different cultures, history or experiences.

We had a great time - it was a nice escape (and I think that desribes it well):)

I'm a taste person Ruth - I just want a taste -

OH WHY OH WHY can't I be more like you? :D I too like to taste, and taste, and taste and.... :o I wish I had your control with the cc cookie....sadly I ate all of mine. I had intended on only eating half. Oh well, it was a plan ;)

Yes, I got my much beloved paper cruise atlast until 2014 at long last. It was in our suite waiting for us! I didn't see any at the FCC's desk but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

Anyways, we got ours and I am now a happy camper - they do still exist:D:D

Kazu - I was the guy who took a picture of you all with the flags, etc a couple of cabins back from the balcony on sailaway. As soon as I figure out a way to message it over, will do!

Really enjoyed ourselves and although we had different experiences, I generally agree with the comments you posted. Completely concur about the retro feel of the ship. It could use some updating - a bit dated.

Also, completely agree about the staff. We tipped the stewards and bar staff up in the Crow's Nest. Those guys were wonderful! Just enjoyed ourselves immensely with the great hospitality we were conveyed!

Is this an onboard death? Thanks, and since they need prayers I'm a praying!

It's a medical emergency, not necessarily a death.

We were seated in the dining room at the time they called the BrightStar and right by us was the guests' doctor. She took off immediately and we did later learn the guest survived and was safely evacuated for further care in port the next day.

We were seated in the dining room at the time they called the BrightStar and right by us was the guests' doctor. She took off immediately and we did later learn the guest survived and was safely evacuated for further care in port the next day.

Happy to learn that. Thank you for telling us.

First, thanks for writing such a detailed installement report. Very informative.

I saw Stomp when it came through Pittsburgh and I loved it. After watching some of their videos on youtube, I'm pretty sure I would love Recycled Percussion. I hope they are on our 12/16 cruise. I like loud and I have never liked much of HAL's entertainment offerings in the past. This could be really good and I hope I get the oppurtunity to see it. I wish there were a published schedule somewhere.

Kazu - I was the guy who took a picture of you all with the flags, etc a couple of cabins back from the balcony on sailaway. As soon as I figure out a way to message it over, will do!

Really enjoyed ourselves and although we had different experiences, I generally agree with the comments you posted. Completely concur about the retro feel of the ship. It could use some updating - a bit dated.

Also, completely agree about the staff. We tipped the stewards and bar staff up in the Crow's Nest. Those guys were wonderful! Just enjoyed ourselves immensely with the great hospitality we were conveyed!

Hey, Proost!!! That was my cabin we were waving to you from!!! :D. We would love to see your photo!!

We had a very different experience on this cruise than Jacqui and we LOVED meeting some other Cc members!!! We loved loved loved the Westerdm and our stewards and without getting I to too much detail, I will say the medical staff on the Westerdam is Fantastic!!!!! They even made that an enjoyable experience! :D

Perhaps we'll write a review..... Hmmmmm.......

Ps.... We became quite friendly with the the Recycled Percussion Guys! they are "jumping ships" so to speak. They came from Nieuw Amsterdam to Westerdam and are jumping around (according to them) as a trial run for a more permanent "gig"..... soooooooo POSITIVE FEEDBACK is a must to HAL for continued wonderful entertainment like this!!!!! Hint... Hint.....

Thanks for reporting LIVE, Jacqui!!! We really enjoyed our cocktail hours with you and Jose.... And of course Catherine & Frank!!!!

The HAL Blog says that Recycled Percussion will do 5 performances on Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam. So sounds like the 5 will be mixed between the ships. I guess there's still a question whether they will perform on Dec 9 Westerdam.

My wonderful TA (who will be sailing with us on the 12/9 Westerdam sailing), checked with HAL for me and was advised that, yes, Recycled Percussion will indeed be onboard! They will be "jumping ship" from the Nieuw Amsterdam to again perform on the Westerdam.:D

My wonderful TA (who will be sailing with us on the 12/9 Westerdam sailing), checked with HAL for me and was advised that, yes, Recycled Percussion will indeed be onboard! They will be "jumping ship" from the Nieuw Amsterdam to again perform on the Westerdam.:D

You will LOVE them!!! :D (Also, they boarded in Ft. Lauderdale straight off the Nieuw Amsterdam and were on the Westerdam for our entire cruise.) You can't miss these guys on the ship! They have the purple hair, blue fingernails, fuzzy orange flip flops and are the nicest guys EVER!!! :D

I hope this does not mean they will be jumping ship again to the Nieuw Amsterdam for the 12/16 cruise. I hope not, but I do fear this is what will probably happen. :(

Often entertainers are on board only for their performances. With several dam ships in the Caribbean I would think a group like this would play, move to another ship, and perhaps play again on a 3rd ship, returning to the first one before the end of their cruise. I've seen this happen on most ships (excluding Cunard where I do mostly nonstop TA's) and this seems ideal for this situation.

Anyone have information that this isn't what's going on?

Roy

Hey, Proost!!! That was my cabin we were waving to you from!!! :D. We would love to see your photo!!

We had a very different experience on this cruise than Jacqui and we LOVED meeting some other Cc members!!! We loved loved loved the Westerdm and our stewards and without getting I to too much detail, I will say the medical staff on the Westerdam is Fantastic!!!!! They even made that an enjoyable experience! :D

Perhaps we'll write a review..... Hmmmmm.......

It was a great pic that Proost sent - and a great shot of you. I have forwarded you the pic:D

Ps.... We became quite friendly with the the Recycled Percussion Guys! they are "jumping ships" so to speak. They came from Nieuw Amsterdam to Westerdam and are jumping around (according to them) as a trial run for a more permanent "gig"..... soooooooo POSITIVE FEEDBACK is a must to HAL for continued wonderful entertainment like this!!!!! Hint... Hint.....

Thanks for reporting LIVE, Jacqui!!! We really enjoyed our cocktail hours with you and Jose.... And of course Catherine & Frank!!!!

We had a great time with you too Kelly - hope all is well (you are in Key West still I believe?).

Totally agree - if you like this entertainment make sure you make a note on your surveys - this is something new for HAL and I know they will be watching the feedback. From the people in the room I saw they certainly seemed to be enjoyed:D

Thanks - you don't have to agree with me:D

I got the pic - thanks so very much - how thoughtful of you:D It was a great snap of PeaceLoveCruise who kindly shared her balcony with us so I sent a copy to her.

Thanks again so much:)

Archived