Newlywed Game Participants

RoonilWazlib

I tried searching for this topic, but couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm just wondering how they pick the participants for the Newlywed Game? My fiance and I are getting married on Day 3 of our 12-day cruise. Will they know that and try to find us for this?? Or do they ask for volunteers??

I'd love to go watch it; all the stories about it make it sound hilarious! But I have major stage fright and I'm a very private person, so being a participant would NOT be my idea of fun. I'm sure if they asked us, we could say no, but I don't want any heckling either.

It's totally voluntary and it is very funny! My husband and I were selected and we had the BEST time! We came in second and were like rockstars on the ship for the remainder of the cruise which was a lot of fun in itself (we have been called the life of the party at gatherings we go to), but after 32 years of marriage, there's a lot of good fun to share;)! Even though my hubby blew an answer he should have known :p, I actually was so happy for the couple that won....they were married over 50 years and were just lovely! Got a great tote bag, coffee cup (that I LOVE!) and t-shirt for playing.

Sounds interesting... how does this actually work? We will also be newlyweds on our cruise..

When we were on the Summit, we attended the game and sat in the first rows. Before the game started, one of the Cruise Director's assistants was quietly going around with a clip board seeking sign-ups for volunteers. Our friend Librarylady19 volunteered my husband and me but we weren't chosen. :(:(

On our cruise on the Eclipse last year, they had a show of hands for those who wanted to participate for each group (Newly married to 10 years, married awhile 11 to 49 years, married forever over 49 years....something like that) of those who wanted to participate. We were one of two couples that volunteered for those who were married awhile. LOL, neither one of us can remember how we ended up getting on stage because we had been trying to play on NCL on our past cruises and never seemed to make it up and I think we are remember the way they did it which is not as classy as Celebrity. We had the best time honestly....I went up screaming like I had won a car and I have to say it was nice to have people tell you how much they enjoyed the fun! :)

They always to try find a long time married couple and usually that

husband is usually really funny:D.....I don't know how they are actually

chose but I have to say, the folks who are married the longest are

also the funniest:D

Some passengersl love attention and they get all they want plus some by sitting in the front rows and making sure everyone knows that they are having a birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, or anything else. When the cruise director or comic asks for the oldest, longest married, and etc some people like to yell our their age, how long they have been married and etc. and will do anything to get picked.

We are normally celebrating a anniversary, or birthday but never tell anyone and we have never been embarrassed or called out, they don't know unless you tell them.

Just don't yell out that you are newly weds. Sometimes though the problem comes for your so called friends that like to point you out and that has happened many times. One way to avoid it is to show up late after the contestants hace been picked if you have others traveling with you. I don't really think that they would take someone that doesn't want to participate because they could be a poor sport about it and just refuse to answer, so it wouldn't be any fun for anyone.

My fiance (will be husband) and I will be on the cruise alone. We are eloping. But when I mentioned this to him, he was all "Oh, we should do it!!" So I wouldn't put it past him to try to get me up there. I'll just have to make sure he knows ahead of time that I really don't want to! Lol.

Also, is it true that they replay it on the cabin TVs throughout the cruise too?

My fiance (will be husband) and I will be on the cruise alone. We are eloping. But when I mentioned this to him, he was all "Oh, we should do it!!" So I wouldn't put it past him to try to get me up there. I'll just have to make sure he knows ahead of time that I really don't want to! Lol.

Also, is it true that they replay it on the cabin TVs throughout the cruise too?

Even though you may get nominated you may not get chosen, there are many honeymooners.

It is shown repeatedly on one of the stations along with other shows, and with that is your answer to your problem. Don't go to the show as you will be able to watch it on the TV in your cabin at a later time.

If your fiancé thinks it will be fun and you don't there are definitely paybacks. It amazes me what people will do for a bottle of bubbly or some other worthless prize. Most times I am sure that people just get caught in the moment and think it is a fun thing to do.

You should definitely let him know that this isn't your thing if you feel you don't want to do it. Years ago, we probably wouldn't have thought of doing this either, but we always enjoyed going to see it while on the ship, liked the game show when it was on TV and I have to say we had a lot of fun when we did do it. It's just good fun and besides if it were not popular, it would not be included in the entertainment!

The top prize of the dinner in one of the specialties was nice (the winners also got the tote bag filled with goodies). I love my coffee mug....it reminds me of a fun time I had on the ship with my great hubby. (who used to be very shy, BTW) It's not all that serious. It was neat to have ppl say *Wow, you guys were really funny! or *You really made our night!*. I deal with a lot of seriousness in my life, so I seize all the positive and funny moments I can, which is why part of my signature is *I'm a poster child for SUNSHINE!* Life's way too short not to have fun! :D

One moment watching the Newlywed Game gave me one of my top three biggest laughs I ever had. Hope it will translate as I retell it here. So they ask the guys what they think their wife's bra size is. The oldest guy (married the longest) isn't quite sure and randomly guesses. When the wives return on stage and are asked the question of what they thought their husbands said, the older woman married to this guy seems unsure how he would answer and casually -- without missing a beat -- declares "34 Long?!" The audience couldn't stop laughing. It was priceless!!!

one moment watching the newlywed game gave me one of my top three biggest laughs i ever had. Hope it will translate as i retell it here. So they ask the guys what they think their wife's bra size is. The oldest guy (married the longest) isn't quite sure and randomly guesses. When the wives return on stage and are asked the question of what they thought their husbands said, the older woman married to this guy seems unsure how he would answer and casually -- without missing a beat -- declares "34 long?!" the audience couldn't stop laughing. It was priceless!!!

lol

Archived