Transportation to airport from port (FTL)

frqttrvlr09

I will be cruising on Eclipse at the end of December for 14 days. I have seen other CC commenters mentioning a shuttle they pre-registered for that took them to the airport upon disembarkation. As I my flight leave Ft. Lauderdale around noon, i am concerned about getting a taxi in a timely manner, particularly if other ships/passengers are also trying to get one. Can anyone give me information about this shuttle, or other suggestions?

A noon flight at fLL is not a tight time connection. You should expect plenty of taxis and it's a short hop to the airport. celebrity will also offer transportation. If you are alone that can be cost effective. If you are a party of two or more the taxi is more cost effective

Completely agreed. Getting from and TO the port. TAXI.

We shuttled for our very first cruise and had no issues.

However, our second was booked very last minute and we had no luggage tags. So we decided to taxi just to ensure that our luggage stayed together and got labelled properly.

It turned out to be cheaper and quicker and we didn't have to wait for a full bus load and make multiple stops.

We will always taxi now.

Ha, Billie 5. Make no mistake, I will not be in a hurry to get back to Alaska, not if it stays as it has been (single digits; it is 2 degrees F right now, and not much snow). I have an intermediate stop after the cruise, though, that is impt. Not to worry; after the mess with the ship buses provided by Regent after my cruise to South America and back a few years ago at the FTL port upon disembarkation as I mentioned in another thread, NEVER again will I sign up for a ship's shuttle. After 3 months at sea, this was not what I expected. It was beyond chaos, not enough porters, some labor issue between the Port an the longshoremen, and the ship's porters were disenfranchised. What a mess. It took hours for people to get off the ship, and then, more to find their luggage. I just wanted to make sure there are taxis and that I and my fearless porter can battle our way to one, jump the queue, make enemies and take off.

We got off the Eclipse and used a shuttle to the airport. what a mistake. used a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the ship also. big mistake. The shuttle picked us up at the port only to avert us to two other port terminals to drop people off for their cruise in bumper to bumper traffic. And this shuttle cost us 20.00 bucks, when a cab would have been less. From now on we will be using a cab period. The cab picks you to take you from piont A to piont B with no picking up or dropping off of other people. We got off the Eclipse at 10:15 A.M. to go get our luggage and go through customs, and then waited for the shuttle, and we got to the airport at 1:15 P.M. And the airport is only 5 minutes away.

Archived