Cruise Critic Homepage

GingerCandy

Just venting about the new hoops to jump through to get to the boards/forum page. It seemed that the old way was easier, but old dogs can learn new tricks, I guess.:confused:

Just bookmark the CC forums homepage: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

I haven't accessed the cc boards through the main homepage in years.

I alos go directly to the boards. The one think I liked about the home page was the news headlines. Occasionally they would have something interesting.

Now that is gone:(

FWIW there is a poll asking what we think of it. So far (as of 11/30) it looks like about 7% like it about 42% are getting used to it about 2% have no idea it changed and about 49% do not like it.

I alos go directly to the boards. The one think I liked about the home page was the news headlines. Occasionally they would have something interesting.

Now that is gone:(.

I did the same as you. Used to check out the front page, but no more - now go directly to the boards. I wouldn't think that would be what they were trying to accomplish. IMHO it kind of looks like the "old" CC boards (guess I've been around too long!:rolleyes:)

Why do they want to hide the boards? You would think as popular as they are they would have left them on the front page. Oh well some strange websites coming out these days and all they are doing is confusing people and causing them to go elsewhere.

I too have a bookmark right to the forums page now.

This will also cause poll results to drop as there is no need to go to the home page.

OMG I guess I didn't think about it, thanks for suggesting saving it to favorites. I too am an old dog but finally figured out the only constant is change so I don't fight it anymore. I am sure CC will not like us bypassing their Home Page but we have adapted :D:D:D

I admit to being slightly annoyed that it took me two clicks instead of one to get to the boards. I had to search for a minute to figure out where the message boards were located now.

I do think it looks nice though and might encourage some of us to look beyond the message boards sometimes:)

OMG I guess I didn't think about it, thanks for suggesting saving it to favorites. I too am an old dog but finally figured out the only constant is change so I don't fight it anymore. I am sure CC will not like us bypassing their Home Page but we have adapted :D:D:D

That.s what I do too; I hardly ever go to the home page, only once in a while. Maybe that's why they changed it?

My concern is that our primary purpose is to ask and answer questions about cruising. for that you need forums. Granted, 'Boards' might not mean forums to everyone, but at least it was there. We members know the boards are there somewhere, we just had to look for them. But for a web surfer looking for a cruise forum, the home page now looks more like an online cruise/travel agency site. Finding the forums means clicking a lot of places, trial and error. I don't think Community is an intuitive place for those people to look. EM

I was wondering why no one had talked about this yet. Personally, I can't stand it - I'll have to ask DH to read this and help me figure out how to make a shortcut (and I'm actually young - just not computer smart).

But I'm with Essiesmom, I meet alot of people on cruises that don't know about "our boards" and tell them about it. Not always someplace whith a pen in hand, but it's always been easy enough to tell them cruisecritic and boards right at the top. Now it would be cruisecritic, scroll down to community blah blah blah.

Tammy

My concern is that our primary purpose is to ask and answer questions about cruising. for that you need forums. Granted, 'Boards' might not mean forums to everyone, but at least it was there. We members know the boards are there somewhere, we just had to look for them. But for a web surfer looking for a cruise forum, the home page now looks more like an online cruise/travel agency site. Finding the forums means clicking a lot of places, trial and error. I don't think Community is an intuitive place for those people to look. EM

I agree!

Archived