Celebrity Summit 7 day cruise mini review

trident777

Just completed my very first cruise on the Celebrity Summit about 2 weeks ago and my overall impression: Spectacular! :D The staff was always incredibly polite and courteous, the embarking/disembarking procedure very efficient and organized, the food was mostly excellent, the shows were fabulous - on par with the big productions in Vegas or Broadway which really blew my mind..I was really expecting something very amateur on a ship :p, the cruise director was fantastic, the cabins were above my expectations and of course the Summit itself is a great ship - not that I have anything else to compare it with - LOL!!

I did have very few minor gripes, nothing major but I think the cruise line should look into this a bit more...it relates to enforcement of rules. I know the cruise probably do not want to tick guests off but it's also not fair to other guests if the rules are not enforced.

- The Thalassotherapy pool clearly states that children with diapers should NOT enter this pool yet on 2 occasions I saw little kids with diapers in the pool. Several staff just ignored enforcement.

- Reservations of seats. I frequently saw rows of seats with towels or books etc. reserved for over an hour with nobody using them. This is strictly forbidden per the rules as noted by a big sign. The sign even says that attendants will remove items if the time exceeds 30 minutes but even after telling staff about it nobody cared. This created a situation where many people came by and had no place to sit.

- There was one person with a reversed baseball cap, jeans and t-shirt in the main dining room for dinner (I kid you not!!). I know dress code is a huge debate here but how did this person get inside? What is the use of a dress code if it isn't enforced to at least some degree. I am of the belief that the dress code creates a certain ambiance and if that ambiance is destroyed then it effects enjoyment for all guests. Thankfully, 99% of guests adhered to the dress code! :)

I have to agree about the enforcement of the rules on the Summit. If they are not going to enforce them, then don't have them. On my Summit cruise I saw: People who brought their lunch (burger and fries) to eat while they were in the hot tub (thankfully a woman said something to the pool attendant who told them they could not eat in the hot tub), children in diapers in the pool, ripped jeans in the MDR, chairs reserved with towels (one family had five chairs in the sun reserved and two couches and two chairs in the shade and were nowhere in site), etc. Don't have rules if you are not going to enforce them!

Hi,:) thanks for the review. I was on her Nov 10th and have to say I also

saw a familiy in the T pool area....Mom, Dad, daughter and son....the kids

were probably 3 and 1......or in that range. 2 and 4 maybe....but

anyway, they brought them in the pool with them too:rolleyes:

I guess I should have been the one to speak up and say something....

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your first cruise :D

As usual, it's those few passengers who think the rules don't apply to them that can spoil it for everyone else.

The chair hogs were in force on my recent Solstice cruise. On sea days, some passengers felt entitled to have beds both in the sun, shade and not even bother sitting on either of them for hours on end. The pool butlers did nothing about it.

Also, the amount of lazy people who couldn't be bothered to remove their towels to the soiled towel bins when they left their chairs was overwhelming. Most of the chairs were 'reserved' long after the passengers had left them. I wish Celebrity would sort it out so that we can all enjoy the sun loungers. It's the only thing that lets them down.

I absolutely agree with the review. We were on B2B Nov 3/10. We complained to the maitre'd about shorts, jeans t'shirts etc in the main dining room and he apparently banned the people for the last two nights of the cruise. I actually removed towels from the chairs myself.

Celebrity needs to stick to their rules if they want to keep their status as a premium line. (Norwegian, Carnival & RCL are classed as contempory).

Ontario Cruiser

I absolutely agree with the review. We were on B2B Nov 3/10. We complained to the maitre'd about shorts, jeans t'shirts etc in the main dining room and he apparently banned the people for the last two nights of the cruise. I actually removed towels from the chairs myself.

Celebrity needs to stick to their rules if they want to keep their status as a premium line. (Norwegian, Carnival & RCL are classed as contempory).

Ontario Cruiser

Hi,:) sorry we didn't get to meet........

We were on the Summit last Feb and will be on it again Feb 2, 2013. Will be our 3rd cruise on the Summit. We love it, especially after the renovation last January! Concierge cabin is great. And the island hopping is a fun itinerary.

Archived