suite guarantee?

ddsdoc

quick question while waiting for tomorrow so i can check with my TA....have a junior suite booked on oasis...now see that there is a suite guarantee for $100/pp more for that sailing...my question concerns whether a junior suite (which i already have booked) is one the options one can get with this guarantee or does the guarantee mean you will an owners or grand suite? thanks

quick question while waiting for tomorrow so i can check with my TA....have a junior suite booked on oasis...now see that there is a suite guarantee for $100/pp more for that sailing...my question concerns whether a junior suite (which i already have booked) is one the options one can get with this guarantee or does the guarantee mean you will an owners or grand suite? thanks

If the category is "W", then it's a JS or higher.

I would be hard pressed to recommend that. Since it does include the JS it would be terrible to change to the W gty, be assigned a JS and have to pay more for what you already had.

Now, if they open a GS gty (which is very rare) I would take it and run.

As the W is more than the JS, no way I'd do it...you may well be assigned a JS.

If at some point the price of the W drops below the price you paid for JS, ask yourself how important the location of the JS is to you. If you have a primo JS, it would be hard to give up the prime location unless the W is much cheaper. Sometimes W's get upgrades, but all you can count on is the worst JS on the ship.

Personally, For $100 I would play the odds. There are always CLs available very late on Oasis and Allure.

there is no way I'd pay $100 per person and give up a hand picked JS cabin to see if RCI MIGHT decide to give me an upgrade. While some people get upgrades from W's (I got one), others get assigned a JS...and that assigned JS might be a less desirable one when all the better one's are gone.

OP, what date is the cruise? Are you still outside of final payment? is the current price of the W less that the current price of a JS (vs what you paid for the JS back when you booked)? If you are before final payment, you can hope the W price drops enough to make the gamble worthwhile.

there is no way I'd pay $100 per person and give up a hand picked JS cabin to see if RCI MIGHT decide to give me an upgrade. While some people get upgrades from W's (I got one), others get assigned a JS...and that assigned JS might be a less desirable one when all the better one's are gone.

OP, what date is the cruise? Are you still outside of final payment? is the current price of the W less that the current price of a JS (vs what you paid for the JS back when you booked)? If you are before final payment, you can hope the W price drops enough to make the gamble worthwhile.

sailing date 2/2/13 so final payment has been made...the $100 pp is a concern but not as much as getting another junior suite in a less desirable location...right now we are about 3-4 cabins from the elevator which saves us the long walk down the hallway....it looks like there are a lot of junior suites still not booked so i'm guessing that is why there are offering this rate....we originally got this js under the senior rate so it is already $300pp below the regular rate so even if i decide to go for it i can look at it like it is $200pp below the going rate instead of $300.....in the end will probably just keep what we have but sure is tempting since i can't imagine paying the full suite fare...

sailing date 2/2/13 so final payment has been made...the $100 pp is a concern but not as much as getting another junior suite in a less desirable location...right now we are about 3-4 cabins from the elevator which saves us the long walk down the hallway....it looks like there are a lot of junior suites still not booked so i'm guessing that is why there are offering this rate....we originally got this js under the senior rate so it is already $300pp below the regular rate so even if i decide to go for it i can look at it like it is $200pp below the going rate instead of $300.....in the end will probably just keep what we have but sure is tempting since i can't imagine paying the full suite fare...

That makes sense. I'd leave the W category for people who did not (or cannot) get that nice senior rate you have in the bag. If the price of the W happens to drop to your senor rate or below, you can reassess whether to gamble by asking to ask to change to W. Have a great cruise.

Archived