Where can I buy MDR style ginger?

whogo

My wife loves the ginger that is doled out along with the mints after dinner outside the main dining room. Does anyone know where I can buy something similar? I figure it is candied ginger, but the candied ginger I have seen for sale does not look the same. Can anyone help me win brownie points with my wife?

My wife loves the ginger that is doled out along with the mints after dinner outside the main dining room. Does anyone know where I can buy something similar? I figure it is candied ginger, but the candied ginger I have seen for sale does not look the same. Can anyone help me win brownie points with my wife?

I found it in Europe last year - actually better;) but that's probably not much help to you - does she just like it or is she taking it for digestive/motion issues? The ginger pills have been a huge relief to my DH and he now swears by them.

I have a vague memory someone posted a recipe here and it was said to be remarkably close to what was served on HAL ships.

Try doing a search here on CC or perhaps someone else remembers reading a receipe here.

I found it in Europe last year - actually better;) but that's probably not much help to you - does she just like it or is she taking it for digestive/motion issues? The ginger pills have been a huge relief to my DH and he now swears by them.

DW just likes the ginger, also she would like to send some to her BIL to lessen the side effects of some medication.

Sail, your suggestion turned up this thread: boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1638442 The recipes do not sound like a perfect match for HAL's ginger, but SuitCaseBears recipe could be close if the ginger is cut in chunks instead of slices.

Ginger in syrup sounds like it might be what HAL offers, but I do not find it for sale. I find every other kind of ginger; ginger capsules, ginger candy, ginger chews, crystallized ginger, candied ginger, and ginger syrup. I may try some candied ginger and see if it is close.

Archived