Beach towels

winste

Leaving Saturday on the Eurodam so I'm beginning to get stuff together.

I have in my notes "beach towels.". I can't remember if that means bring them or ask. So here I am asking.

Can we take large towels off the ship at the ports?

Its been 9 yrs since last cruise which was on HAL but I can't recall.

Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just off of the Eurodam. They will deliver really nice beach towels to your room before Grand Turk. They are blue and white striped (I think) and say Eurodam at the end of them. You take them off of the ship to use and upon retrun drop them in your bathroom and the steward will bring you a new one. They were so nice and plush, I got spoiled and used them as my shower towel. A nice clean fluffy one appeared on my bed each time I used it. They do keep track of them. You will get a letter letting you know you will be charged $27.00 if you do not retrun them. They do still have the other blue pool towels at the pool area on board the ship.

Two weeks ago on Nieuw Amsterdam the towels were light blue and just like the towels at the pools. At each port there was a bin just before you left the ship where the staff were handing out towels and recording your cabin number. On re-boarding you dropped the used towels in the bin and they checked off your room number. No beach towels were delivered to our verandah cabin. Might those plushy striped ones be just for suite pax?

Just off of the Eurodam. They will deliver really nice beach towels to your room before Grand Turk. They are blue and white striped (I think) and say Eurodam at the end of them. You take them off of the ship to use and upon retrun drop them in your bathroom and the steward will bring you a new one. They were so nice and plush, I got spoiled and used them as my shower towel. A nice clean fluffy one appeared on my bed each time I used it. They do keep track of them. You will get a letter letting you know you will be charged $27.00 if you do not retrun them. They do still have the other blue pool towels at the pool area on board the ship.

This is something new.

Are these towels also for the pool area? Are are there separate towels there?

Two weeks ago on Nieuw Amsterdam the towels were light blue and just like the towels at the pools. At each port there was a bin just before you left the ship where the staff were handing out towels and recording your cabin number. On re-boarding you dropped the used towels in the bin and they checked off your room number. No beach towels were delivered to our verandah cabin. Might those plushy striped ones be just for suite pax?

We have stayed in PA and SA and never got plushy striped ones.

We just picked up the regular thin light blue towels at the gangway just like everyone else.

We were the Eurodam 11/10/12 and they had them but the next week on the Westerdam 10/18/12 they did not have them. They had the regular towels at the pool. The nice ones were given to us to use at the beaches. You could take it to the pool but you may have to watch it there. We had no problem using them at Grand Turk or HMC. Eurodam may be the first one to get them.

I've never seen striped towels on HAL...only on Princess. On HAL, either solid dark or light blue.

We were the Eurodam 11/10/12 and they had them but the next week on the Westerdam 10/18/12 they did not have them. They had the regular towels at the pool. The nice ones were given to us to use at the beaches. You could take it to the pool but you may have to watch it there. We had no problem using them at Grand Turk or HMC. Eurodam may be the first one to get them.

Oh Oh -- I can see problems if people take these news towels to the pool from their cabins -- forget to pick them up - and then are charged for them.

And we all have seen so many people leave towels everywhere on the ships.

Archived