Latitude Platinum and Gold Welcome Gift?

Got Tequila?

I am quite happy with the Platinum bennies, including the box of chocolates...whether it's one or two boxes per room...... If I want more food, sweets, snacks, whatever....the ship is loaded with it...mine for the taking. I've never thought to count the number of pieces of chocolate in the box.........how many would be fair? What size box would be big enough to really say thanks for choosing us again? How many chocolate covered strawberries is then a "fair" amount??? Huh???

We are both gold but did not get any Godiva on our last Jade cruise. Did get the chocolate covered strawberries though. I thought they were there because we were in the penthouse suite. Maybe they knew that we are diabetic and concern about our sugar intake.:(

I got the Godiva chocolates on my last cruise Sep/Oct '12 Jewel. I was going to save them, but one night i came back to the cabin and ate nearly all of them. Very yummy! There's plenty of fruit in the buffet so i don't need a fruit platter. Chocolate strawberries-I love strawberries and chocolate, but not together. The chocolate makes the strawberries taste sour IMO and you can't save them as the strawberries go mouldy. So i was very happy with the box of chocolates. I also got some handmade chocolates on a plate and a bottle of red in my room one night. We were very happy with that! :)

I think it varies by ship. I was on the Star in September and received the box of Godiva Chocolates, and I was on the Pearl last week, and there was not any welcome gift in the cabin. I think that was just a mixup as I had booked short term about 3 weeks before sailing. One one of the excursions a gentleman had talked about the box of chocolate covered strawberries he received.

and my first as a platinum...We are pretty hyped about it...

Yay!!! I'll make platinum during this cruise (yes, I know that it won't actually change until after the cruise ends) but I'm really geeked about it! I want a behind-the-scenes tour! Forget the chocolate!!!:cool:

Crazy question - how many pieces of chocolate are in a box. IN the picture it doesn't look like there will even be a piece a day for me, let alone DH on a 12 night cruise.:eek:;)

Oh Jane .. I dost not know but I shall ask my neighbour who I gave them to for watching our home :D.

PS I removed the price tag first ;)

If you know what's good for you....Keep your hands off my chocolates!!! :D

All this talk off chocolates reminds me of RuthC, well known chocolate lover on the HAL Board....

I am interested in this perk, as my last cruise jumped me from Silver direct to Platinum.

The last cruise was my first in a suite, and even though I was only Silver, the butler delivered table grapes (I requested), each day, along with either chocolate strawberries or various petit-fours candies. And our steward left the chocolate mints on our pillows each night.

If you know what's good for you....Keep your hands off my chocolates!!! :D

Margaret- random off topic. Have you heard from Barbara and Tony from CT? We were on a cruise with them a couple years ago and went to their GV sailaway party. I can't find her since. I think her CC name was barbct605. Pretty sure you and Steve have cruised with her.

Margaret- random off topic. Have you heard from Barbara and Tony from CT? We were on a cruise with them a couple years ago and went to their GV sailaway party. I can't find her since. I think her CC name was barbct605. Pretty sure you and Steve have cruised with her.

BarbCT605 is my BFF. :D They haven't cruised for a while. Anything you want me to pass along to her?

Hi! Becky told me about your posts. Thanks, Becky.

It's nice of you both to think of us.:o

Tony & I haven't cruised in a while. Since I retired, we went to south Florida for a month. We brought our dog with us to FL -- it was the only way I could get Tony to leave CT for more than a week!

Hi Becky,

Tell them we miss them! I was hoping they might have booked on the 12/13 cruise out of NY for her Birthday.

Steve and Margaret:)

Hey, Margaret! I sorta thought about booking for my BD, but not this year.:( Say hi to Steve for us and have a fan-freakin'-tastic cruise. (Wow, you guys have a *lot* of cruises booked -- woo hoo!)

Tony & I haven't cruised in a while. Since I retired, we went to south Florida for a month. We brought our dog with us to FL -- it was the only way I could get Tony to leave CT for more than a week!

Hey, Margaret! I sorta thought about booking for my BD, but not this year.:( Say hi to Steve for us and have a fan-freakin'-tastic cruise. (Wow, you guys have a *lot* of cruises booked -- woo hoo!)

Thanks Barb, we'll miss you this year....give Tony a hug for me. Maybe we can find a way to get the doggie certified as a therapy dog, so he could cruise with us. :)

QUOTE]

Hi Barbara! Nice to hear from you! Maybe we'll see you again some day!

I often think of you and Tony and the one time we all cruised the same voyage! So much fun at the Meet & Greet and the sail away from Bermuda party in your GV!!

Take care. XO

~Cindy & Ed

Archived