Another Stacy and Paul Adventure: Our Group Cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy!

stacycakes1

So, I think I left off right after muster drill…

So after Muster drill we headed back up to the spa for the prize drawing. We were really glad we did because my sister Kristy ended up winning a $75 spa credit!

After the spa drawing was done we decided to take a few shots of the sunrise before heading to our first dinner.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

After a little fun on deck we headed to the dining room for dinner. We had late dinner at 8:15pm which worked out perfectly for all of us.

68814_4988458627947_1009931933_n.jpg

Once seated at our two tables we got to meet our waiter Harold. Harold handed us our menus and I have to say that was the first disappointment of the week.

I do a lot of research and have also been on a few carnival cruises so I knew immediately that this menu was not the typical first day menu you get on a Carnival Cruise. It lacked the star entrees it usually contains and also there was no Crème Brule on the dessert menu, my absolute favorite dessert that is always served on the first day of a cruise.

Harold said that was because we were on a 5 day cruise out of Port Canaveral and that we didn't get the fancy menu items as you may on other ships. This was not cool in my book. I expect the same level of service from Carnival no matter which ship I am on.

So, I think I left off right after muster drill…

So after Muster drill we headed back up to the spa for the prize drawing. We were really glad we did because my sister Kristy ended up winning a $75 spa credit!

After the spa drawing was done we decided to take a few shots of the sunrise before heading to our first dinner.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

After a little fun on deck we headed to the dining room for dinner. We had late dinner at 8:15pm which worked out perfectly for all of us.

68814_4988458627947_1009931933_n.jpg

Once seated at our two tables we got to meet our waiter Harold. Harold handed us our menus and I have to say that was the first disappointment of the week.

I do a lot of research and have also been on a few carnival cruises so I knew immediately that this menu was not the typical first day menu you get on a Carnival Cruise. It lacked the star entrees it usually contains and also there was no Crème Brule on the dessert menu, my absolute favorite dessert that is always served on the first day of a cruise.

Harold said that was because we were on a 5 day cruise out of Port Canaveral and that we didn't get the fancy menu items as you may on other ships. This was not cool in my book. I expect the same level of service from Carnival no matter which ship I am on.

I completely agree with you! The Crème Brule is the only reason I dine in the MDR on the first night. I don't understand why they change the menus for shorter cruises, but it is really unfair. I got a rude awakening when I did the first and last three day cruise. I just needed a quick get-away and neither my husband or I could take a full week off from work. The food was similar to fast food. I could tell that some items had been frozen and the level of service sucked too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived