Dining with an officer

Gregor4500

On the recent Jewel... it was cruise casual -though I dressed up a bit..as I felt it was appropriate to do so...

Certainly not judging anyone and how they choose to dress. But, personally, I feel like I have to at least dress according to the number of stripes on their jacket! :D In reality, I wear dress slacks and a shirt.

I wouldn't want the officer to feel overdressed...HAHAHAHHA...J/K!

We also had dinner on the recent TA on the Epic with an officer and it was in Taste. It was with the hotel director and I was glad he also invited his secretary. There was supposed to be four couples but one didn't make it. I think at the last minute they cancelled because the wife was not feeling well. We didn't put in for it but we still got the invitation. It was a nice evening.

Edited by swmichigan cruiser

We were chosen to have dinner with an Officer on the Spirit last year, and it was a really nice evening. We dined with the Provisions officer, and it was interesting hearing about his responsibilities on the ship....will put our name in again this time and hope for another one!

Although my DH is not that interested, I am so I think I will put our name in for next week. I think my 8 year old son would think it very interesting. My 7 year old daughter will just be there. :) Do any of the following things help or hinder selection:

Suite

Kids

When you put in name

Thanks for your help!

Although my DH is not that interested, I am so I think I will put our name in for next week. I think my 8 year old son would think it very interesting. My 7 year old daughter will just be there. :) Do any of the following things help or hinder selection:

Suite

Kids

When you put in name

Thanks for your help!

Suite or not...does not seem to make a difference.

Putting name in at M&G helps a lot!

Kids--don't know...have never seen any at two I was at

Suite

Kids

When you put in name

Thanks for your help!

We had my 2 year old with us on the Jewel, no problem. There was another family with an 8 year old celebrating his birthday at the table with the captain. If you are in a suite I would let the concierge know you are interested

We had my 2 year old with us on the Jewel, no problem. There was another family with an 8 year old celebrating his birthday at the table with the captain. If you are in a suite I would let the concierge know you are interested

Good to know! Our only time dining with officers was on Celebrity and our kids were definitely not included.

We have been very lucky and had a few opportunities to dine with the officers on our sailing. We met one of the AHD's on our first cruise and again on our second and third, he has gone out of his way to include us in dinner with him. On our last Pearl cruise we had dinner with the Captain in LeBistro then 2 nights later was invited to dinner with the AHD in LaCucina. I was alittle embarrased when the Captain showed up to dine with us in LaCucina and said wow 2 dinners in 2 nights who do you know, thank god that was followed by a big chuckle and he said I'm just kidding. By the way we had sailed with him twice previously as well.

Getting on the Jewel today. It is our daughter's birthday and we are renewing our vows after 12 yrs so maybe we will be chosen!

My sister and my niece are getting onboard Jewel today too! If you are still reading this, the Freestyle Daily today or tomorrow will have an announcement to dine with an officer. You let reception desk know you are interested and they put your name/room number on a list. You find out a few days later if you won! Good luck and have a great cruise! Oh...sometimes they sign people up at the meet and greet too (Dec 10... Star Bar...11 am). I read your roll call. Have Fun!

coka

Edited by coka

getting on the jewel today. It is our daughter's birthday and we are renewing our vows after 12 yrs so maybe we will be chosen!

have a great cruise!!!!!

The jewel staff is the best!

Bummer for the Jewel passengers this week. No publicized dine with an officer for them, verified by reception. I talked to my sister at sail away yesterday. Having been onboard ships myself, sometimes they do it, sometimes they do not. I wonder if it is a numbers crunching thing...meaning if a sailing is not totally booked or if the prices that week were lower than usual...anyone know the rhyme or reason? Did we write too much about it here and Miami office read it and said, "hey, cut that out!" Hahaha, I still love you Miami office. Happy holidays to all,

coka:D

Edited by coka

So even if I'm booked in a little inside cabin do I still have a chance of being chosen? I'm booked for a cruise on the Jade in March and am thinking of puting my name in. Since I'd be doing this alone, any more good tips besides letting the HD know at the m&g?

No difference if in an inside or solo...good luck:)

• 4 years later...

We were on Norwegian Spiritnin 2013 and applied for Dine With An Offcer and we were successful, however we were in middle of a storm, I was copying ok until sweet, had to leave the table and ended up being treated for Sea Sickness. 2015 we were successful again and at least this time enjoyed the whole experience, this one was held in the place where they have the Cirque de Soliel. This year we are back on the Spirit for my husband's 65th which occurs on our second day out, a sea day, hoping this is the day of the officers dinner and we are again successful as NCL are presenting him with a cake and would love it to be done with company not just us. By the Eay, sailed with P&O and Celebrity and never seen the opportunity to "Dine With An Officer" advertised.

Edited by rettie

I never realized you could sign up for this, that's pretty neat! I'd want to do it, but I have no idea what I'd even talk about. If you're traveling with family (3 others, total of 5), can you request to sign up with the entire family? Or is it just per cabin?

-Keith

I never realized you could sign up for this, that's pretty neat! I'd want to do it, but I have no idea what I'd even talk about. If you're traveling with family (3 others, total of 5), can you request to sign up with the entire family? Or is it just per cabin?

-Keith

Afraid not anymore as it's now one Platinum Plus perk to dine with officer.

I will sign ourselves up for one this coming October as we board the Getaway for the TA.

P.S. WOW! An almost 5 year old thread has been reopened!

Afraid not anymore as it's now one Platinum Plus perk to dine with officer.

I will sign ourselves up for one this coming October as we board the Getaway for the TA.

P.S. WOW! An almost 5 year old thread has been reopened!

What does that mean - one Platinum Plus perk?

Although it is a perk for plat plus, I believe they do still have the drawing for all guests to participate in, at least based on the dailies from Escape a couple weeks ago. I definitely plan on entering for my Escape cruise in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done this twice on the Breakaway this year, once with my daughter, and the Hotel Director. The other time was with my husband and we eat with the Engineer. Both time were wonderful. It's one of the best things I think NCL has added. You really get a chance to get to know about the Ship and Its Crew. I'll keep signing up.