Thomson Cruises are getting on board with you

We really enjoyed getting involved with the recent Q&A. So much so, we've decided we'd like to spend more time with you all answering your questions.

Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon will be here Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm. And they're all very excited to be talking to you.

So you can get to know our team a little better, here's a few fun facts before you meet them.

Dan is a cruise fanatic and you'll often find him scanning the newest cruise brochures looking for his next holiday. He's off to China, Thailand, Japan and Hong Kong next year to name just a few.

Lauren used to work as a photographer on a cruise ship. Her finest moment was dressing as a moose when she went to Alaska. She won't let us see the photos though!

Rhiannon decided to put herself forward for a bike ride excursion when she visited the Thomson Dream early this year, even though she hadn't been on a bike since the age of 10. It’s fair to say she couldn't walk for days after the 15 mile ride. Yes 15 miles!

Sabrina's yet to try out a cruise - dry docks are about as far as she's got. Did we mention her fear of water?!

Amarita loves talking cruises but surprisingly has never been on one. She's looking for recommendations for her summer holiday next year so she'd love to hear your ideas.

We look forward to speaking to you all soon.

May I extend a very warm Welcome

Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon

very much appreciated to see you on here

so I'll jump right in

Dan.....when is the new Thoms cruise brochure out.....anything new & exciting in it?:cool:

Lauren...sorry to hear about the Moose incident...How did you get roped into that? and have you still got the Antlers....they could be useful this time of year (thumbup)

Rhiannon...I so totally know how you feel about the bike ride.....me too:(

Sabrina....are we talking dry docks in Hamburg...yes...no...any pics?:cool:

Amarita....I recommend any Thomson ship....you'll be hooked....Specially the Thomson Dream…..just been refurbed….any pics?:cool:

Great that Thomsons are being open to answer questions.

Dan - this may be one for you. Any comments on why the price of our cruise - not going until 26 October next year - dropped less than a week after we booked? You certainly couldn´t call it a last minute discount!! Not a great loss financially but it did leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Would be interesting to hear your response.

Hi Geomagot,

Thanks for the welcome, you've just got me today.

The brochures will be out later this month for cruises up until April 2014. The Thomson Dream Caribbean cruises are already on sale and our other cruises will be available later in the month. About the anything new and exciting, you'll have to wait to find out!

Sabrina's kept her feet firmly on the ground at the moment. We haven't seen the Dream at the moment but it's on it's way down for the transatlantic crossing.

Have you got any cruises booked with us and are you looking forward to the refreshed Dream?

Dan

Great that Thomsons are being open to answer questions.

Dan - this may be one for you. Any comments on why the price of our cruise - not going until 26 October next year - dropped less than a week after we booked? You certainly couldn´t call it a last minute discount!! Not a great loss financially but it did leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Would be interesting to hear your response.

Hi Campolady,

We have a flexible pricing policy so you may find that the price of your cruise goes up and down. It can depend on a number of different factors such as how well a cruise is selling and how many seats are left on the flights. I'm sorry for any disappointment this has caused.

Dan

Great to have you on board Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon! :)

As you will be aware this forum is great to provide information, advice and positive feedback from members for fellow Thomson cruisers.

But there are often questions too about the operation, decisions and general direction Thomson cruises are heading. In the absence of input from HQ we do get wrapped up in a lot of speculation (usually backed up by some good sleuthing from some of our number!) but it will be great to have the opportunity to speak with you directly (although we do understand that you may not be able to all of our questions). Mr Ellacott's Q&A sessions were really good and we very much appreciated his time and patience in replying to our queries so to be able to keep the channels of communication open is excellent news.

Most exchanges on here are very positive about Thomson Cruises - most of us are not only addicted to cruising but very loyal to Thomson. But we trust you will appreciate there are sometimes 'niggly' issues (and sometimes complaints) which we bring up and debate - often at length and I hope you will understand that these are often issues we raise thinking that, if addressed, would improve further the 'Thomson Product'.

I look forward to your involvement - I'm sure you will get to know us quite well and I look forward to getting to know you too.

P,.S. And Sabrina and Amarita take the plunge (not literally!) and do try your first cruise - I'm sure you won't be disappointed! We'll give you lots of ideas! :D

Thanks for your reply Dan. We are Cruise only so flights was not an issue. Anyway, we are really looking forward to our second Thomson cruise and won´t let this little disappointment spoil it for us LOL. Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Have you got any cruises booked with us and are you looking forward to the refreshed Dream?

Hi Dan

Please call me magot (pronounced Margo)

Have I got any cruises booked...of course, of course...I suffer from cruiseliebe (cruise addiction)

We are off on the (child free) Dream on sunday for the transatlantic, with the new platinum upgrade thrown in as a bonus....am also booked on the dream in march, and am currently toying with 27 day transatlantic in 2014 (pesky work commitments getting in the way at the mo)

very much looking forward to seeing the new changes…..are you sure there are no pics over there at Thomson Towers??;);)

• Administrators
Hi Dan,

Can you take off the bit at the top of the forum about Q&As so we don't have to scroll down so far?:)

Hi Linda:

We're going to keep the Q&A forum visible and accessible in that location for a period of time to allow others who may have missed the event the opportunity to review.

Laura

Firstly, thank you to you all for agreeing to be involved in this forum and to answer queries from us. The Q&A was a really great way of getting direct answers about certain issues, and it's great to see that it is continuing. It definitely shows me that Thomson Cruises are very much focused on customer satisfaction, and definitely puts the company ahead of many cruise lines out there.

Now, for my question. I know a lot of people would like a clearer understanding on this issue. It was answered in the Q&A, but many thought that a definite answer wasn't given, and I was wondering if you could? There have been rumours regarding Island Escape being sold, most notably on Facebook that has said that crew have been told that the ship has been sold to Korea. Please can you confirm or deny this? I understand that you might not be able to say for sure exactly, but any information would be very much appreciated.

Hi Dan

Have I got any cruises booked...of course, of course...I suffer from cruiseliebe (cruise addiction)

We are off on the (child free) Dream on sunday for the transatlantic, with the new platinum upgrade thrown in as a bonus....am also booked on the dream in march, and am currently toying with 27 day transatlantic in 2014 (pesky work commitments getting in the way at the mo)

very much looking forward to seeing the new changes…..are you sure there are no pics over there at Thomson Towers??;);)

Who said anything about sprouts :D

Stevie

Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon .I hope you enjoy your time on this site and I look forward to reading your posts,

so a very warm welcome to you all.:)

As for Sabrina and her fear of water,she will find that the same fear can be found in any Thomson cruise ships bar on most evenings.

(not a glass of the stuff to be seen ) They tell me the AI helps a little .;):D:D

LOLOL:D:D

I said pics not sprouts....pics....pics of the dream in her platinum glory (is that a variety of sprout?)

anyway

did I mention the pics:D:D

not the sprout one again ?:D

I am off for a sprout wine making session at the local town hall

7-8pm

Stevie :D

As for Sabrina and her fear of water,she will find that the same fear can be found in any Thomson cruise ships bar on most evenings.

(not a glass of the stuff to be seen ) They tell me the AI helps a little .;):D:D

Second that from a second class Citizen on the Island Escape.

Firstly, thank you to you all for agreeing to be involved in this forum and to answer queries from us. The Q&A was a really great way of getting direct answers about certain issues, and it's great to see that it is continuing. It definitely shows me that Thomson Cruises are very much focused on customer satisfaction, and definitely puts the company ahead of many cruise lines out there.

Now, for my question. I know a lot of people would like a clearer understanding on this issue. It was answered in the Q&A, but many thought that a definite answer wasn't given, and I was wondering if you could? There have been rumours regarding Island Escape being sold, most notably on Facebook that has said that crew have been told that the ship has been sold to Korea. Please can you confirm or deny this? I understand that you might not be able to say for sure exactly, but any information would be very much appreciated.

I agree with sailaway it would be nice to know if we have booked island escape for next year that this is the ship we will be sailing on and not a replacement ship at the last minute

carolynne

Hi Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon

Welcome :)

With the recent upgrades to Dream and Celebration would you be able to post some photos. We have all found snippets here there and everywhere so it would be nice to have some idea of what we can expect and im to impatient to wait for the new brochure

Also the brochure tends to show general shots, if you can the areas i would like to see are:-

Cabins also the en suite bathroom

Deck and Pools

MDR

Self Service restaurant (both on the Dream)

Bars - each one please :D

and the Theatre.....

A quick snap shot of each will do, just a teaser, to keep us excited :D

There is also something else you may be able to advise on the Transatlantic crossings out/return 2014 are longer 20 days plus, than those this season...will there be any possibility to 'jump' ship part way like this years return voyage when you could disembark when you reached the canary isles :confused: planning on doing a TA 2014 and would hate to have to go over to the dark -side:eek: AKA P & O (sorry 80's child and i love my star wars lol):D

Hi Dan

I'm sure you'll get lots of well wishers sending a Bon Voyage message geomagot but just to be sure I don't overlook it nearer to Sunday (are you leaving home Saturday and over-nighting near the airport?) I'm getting in early!

As I'm sure you know, we'll all be very keen to hear about your experiences and about the Dream Mark II - all done in your inimitable and very entertaining style!!!! :D

Best wishes to you and Mrs magot - wish we were coming too!

Bon voyage and have a Wonderful time! ;)

Aww:o thanks...thanks you eversomuch

Its taken soooo long but I am finally Going cruising...........getting exited now, even the kids are looking forward to spending some gardening times with grandma:cool:

hasta la vista all

but

I will be back

with a full rundown of the (super duper) refit and the state of the aircon;)

Probably after christmas, am still hoping to arrange flights to stay on in Barbados for christmas...if not...it'll be Yorkshire with the inlaws:(

will be on here for a few more days yet....overnighting at Gatwick on Saturday

May I wish a merry Christmas to all

Ave a goodun guys........let it snow.....let it snow....let it snow:)

Archived