Parking at Port Everglades?

DISFANS3

We will be on the Allure first week of January, have several family members going on the cruise also. I need to know how far is the Parking lot at port of Everglades from the Allure port check in? Can you drop your bags then go park car and walk back to port. Or is there a shuttle from parking lot to port check in. Also is the parking lot a coverd garage or is it a open lot? Thanks...

We will be on the Allure first week of January, have several family members going on the cruise also. I need to know how far is the Parking lot at port of Everglades from the Allure port check in? Can you drop your bags then go park car and walk back to port. Or is there a shuttle from parking lot to port check in. Also is the parking lot a coverd garage or is it a open lot? Thanks...

The parking lot is very near the terminal. You can drop people off, go and park your car, and walk back to the terminal in less than five minutes.

There is also a remote lot that you can park in which you park at a lot near the port and a shuttle takes you to the terminal. Will cost you less money.

Just got back from a week on the Allure. The terminal is well designed and the parking very convenient. Getting to the terminal is a bit confusing since the construction and security is a gauntlet but once past that, you get in the right lane and stay out of the taxi dropoff. Then curve around to the front and if you have a passenger, let them off with the luggage. Continue to loop around to the parking lot entrance on the right. There are plenty of officers directing traffic and they are very friendly. The jam of vehicles is confusing but they will direct you to your lot. Once in the lot try to find a space under a shade tree. I showed up at 11:00 and the lot was about 1/3 full. Most people come in by shuttle and this is a real mess with all the luggage. Since I was parking my venture to the lot was easy. Entering the lot, you grab a ticket and park. Walk back to where you left your passenger with the luggage. My wife had already checked the luggage with a porter onto a cart as she waited for me which took less than 5 minutes. Then we entered the waiting area.

When we returned to the port, we pulled all our roller bags to the car but they have porters for tips with carts if you need one. In a couple minutes we were paid up and gone. When we returned the lot was still only 1/3 full so I would not worry about a full lot.

Cost for the week was $105. It appeared that driving in and parking was much much less hassle and confusion than the taxis and shuttles.

If I had to suggest an improvement here, I would recommend they make a road entrance to the parking lot that didn't go past the front of the terminal so cars parking could bypass the traffic and confusion of the shuttles. The combination of the cars with the buses is what jams everything up.

We parked there last week. I was the third slot from the end. No need to even stop to drop bags off as the drop off was just steps away.

$105 for the week is worth it to me to not have to deal with shuttles to save a few bucks. Get in and go.

Archived