Missed port for Reflection

brightonbuoy

I know Michael Bayley

was on board but I have no idea if he was involved in this decision

or not.

If the BIG BOSS was on board, you can bet that the captain, or whomever was making the decisions, would be very careful to make the best one for Celebrity's image. I can't believe that the powers-that-be would deliberately irritate an entire ship's load of passengers without carefully weighing the consequences. I am not the suspicious, conspiracy type, so in such a case I will accept that the experts made the best decisions possible. That some people seem to think the cruise line was uncaring in any manner is laughable.

Please explain what part was not nice the cruise line giving free drinks,the ship missing a port or the people complaining about not being able to get a drink for an hour and a half.:confused:

I mean that it was probably chaos and many were unable to get drinks. For those that already had inclusive drinks it would have simply have been a pain on top of the disappointment of missing a port.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I was told at Guest Relations that port charges would show up on the credit card in a few days. I have no reason to believe that is not the case.

There were no lies by the Captain. Please. 35 knot winds and tropical storm type rains. I saw the port captain's small boat come out to the Reflection, barely able to make it in such rough seas. It was the right decision.

Do you call an open free bar for 2 hours nothing? Good grief they certainly were not required to do anything.:mad:

And for us that we're pregnant, or other non-drinkers, it was worthless.... I don't care about Nassua, that wasn't my issue, but an open bar was useless to me. It would have been nice to get port fees back, I could have bought a coffee mug, or some gelato. I did pay for the port fees, we didn't make it to port...

I have been on many cruises and have encountered many rude people on cruise ships. Staff on these ships are just regualr people just like you. Maybe when people realize this they will start treating everyone with respect. I have witnessed a few that i would have just loved to slap that had a few in tears! Come on people, some things just can not be helped!!!:mad:

I have been on many cruises and have encountered many rude people on cruise ships. Staff on these ships are just regualr people just like you. Maybe when people realize this they will start treating everyone with respect. I have witnessed a few that i would have just loved to slap that had a few in tears! Come on people, some things just can not be helped!!!:mad:

I was at the Molecular Bar and the bartender was trying to explain

to a customer he needed both cards....(drinks for 2 people on packages)

He was trying to explain about the rules that had been set down

to him....customer was so rude to him:(....she looked at him

and said " I know all about your ---- rules".....I wanted to slap her:mad:

we were originally booked for this sailing but cancelled quite awhile ago.. instead we went to Sandals in Nassau. Bahamas for a change of pace... we had a great time..& very good but not perfect weather for our stay.

We learned that this is the Bahamian winter-- a windy time of year. We had sunny days except Thursday Dec 6th, when we had torrential rains starting late morning & lasting into the evening. We had to carry huge umbrellas & wear flip flops to dinner! they said that type of rain was unusual.. but maybe the wind, poor viisibility & rain were why you could not dock there???

Sorry you missed the port...hope the rest of the cruise is/was fun!!

I was at the Molecular Bar and the bartender was trying to explain

to a customer he needed both cards....(drinks for 2 people on packages)

He was trying to explain about the rules that had been set down

to him....customer was so rude to him:(....she looked at him

and said " I know all about your ---- rules".....I wanted to slap her:mad:

We would have posted bail for you, Lois. Feel free to do it next time.

ok, I was just on this cruise for the 3-nighter, so wanted to stay on. Another time.. anyway, the behaviour of some people when the Captain opened the bar was outrageous... have you never had a drink before?

As to having dinner in the specialty restaurants, after 8pm when the rain stopped I had my planned dinner up in the Lawn Club. delish. I also saw others do a walk up to specialty restaurants and getting in. The OP should try that, the least they could say is no, or how about in an hour?

The Captain did us a nice gesture by opening the bar!! Well done.

K

I'm just stunned at how little people's honor and integrity can be bought for. Even if you got unlimited drinks for a couple of hours, that would be what? Fifty dollars (not really a drinker, so I have no idea)?

To behave badly for that is... just sad. I really wish people would expect more of THEMSELVES, rather than expecting things from other people.

ok, I was just on this cruise for the 3-nighter, so wanted to stay on. Another time.. anyway, the behaviour of some people when the Captain opened the bar was outrageous... have you never had a drink before?

As to having dinner in the specialty restaurants, after 8pm when the rain stopped I had my planned dinner up in the Lawn Club. delish. I also saw others do a walk up to specialty restaurants and getting in. The OP should try that, the least they could say is no, or how about in an hour?

The Captain did us a nice gesture by opening the bar!! Well done.

K

Hi Kathleen,:) I ate at the Lawnclub on night 1......and I tried to get in

on night 3 with 2 other friends and it was impossible...they were booked

solid the entire night. We didn't feel like eating at 10:00pm:eek:..that

was the first opening and we were on a waiting list.

We just returned from this sailing - There were several things that just seemed odd - first immediately after we have sailed the announcement that the berth in Nassau had been doubled booked and we will not be able to go in - however - special arrangements had been made so that we would dock from 6PM-1145PM - apology from the captain and enjoy the cruise - nothing more was said until ...

5PM next day - "supposedly" one hour before we were to dock in Nassau - announcement made that the Pres of the line felt bad for our plight and was opening the bars to 1 hour complimentary - adding that it was a "limited menu" so that passengers should have known in advance that it was not everything - "limited menu" I believe was the same offered to Elite members at their nightly event.

I am sure that it was horrible at the 'inside bars" we chose the Oceanview Cafe as we were sitting and talking and yes there were some people there but I thought very polite - the bartenders were definitely not pleased to be doing this and yes they did have cosmos, apple martinis, and wine already poured and waiting - so pretty civilized - the cocktails ended at 6PM

605PM - announcement comes "soap opera continues" from Cruise Director and we will not be able to enter Nassau because of weather - TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE as weather had been worsening since early afternoon - I saw lightening around 230PM - so bar is open for additional 1/2 hour

Thoughts - why would a cruiseline open a bar and have so many people partake of alcohol IF IN FACT we were going to dock at 6PM and let all these people off the ship into the town area after having for many too much free drinks? Interesting -it was not until after the first hour of cocktails that it was announced that the ship would not be going to dock - did they wait to make sure everyone was calmer before the next change?

Was this just a simple nice gesture - for those with beverage cards - no; for Elite members with their hour from 5-7 - no; and especially for those who do not drink at all - no. Better idea would have been to put a $25.00 shipboard credit on everyone's account and then they could have bought their own drinks or whatever in a more civilized manner. Or better yet put down the $100 future cruise deposit - if no one ever cruises again - they would not be out any money - and if they did book - great for Celebrity!

Did speak to guest relations and were told that port charges would be refunded on 12/7 and we would see this on our onboard account - nothing has been received either onboard or since - was also told that any other problems would need to be addressed by "corporate in Miami" - however since almost all of the "corporate Miami" were onboard - would have thought they would have handled and announced the intentions. I know that some people were given onboard credits and also future cruise credits when they took it up the ladder - not us - just thought it was only fair that the port charges for Nassau should have been refunded as I am sure if in fact this was a problem in Nassau I am sure they are refunding to the cruiseline - and thus we should be refunded what we paid.

There were five ships PLUS the Reflection scheduled for the same day in Nassau. The other five ships call on the port as a regular weekly or seasonal call. Looks as thought port overbooked the port on this particular day. Not the cruise lines fault and the Reflection would draw the short straw in this case. Also not the fault of the cruise line that the weather took a turn for the worse and could not get into port. The entrance to Nassau is tight and if there are strong winds then that would affect their ability to enter the port.

Surely Celebrity would know well in advance that they would "draw the short straw" if the port overbooked?

Archived