Mongolian Station replaced by Comfort Kitchen

serene56

I find it hard to believe that not one person in the last few sailings have not reported this.

I searched many pages to see if it was posted.

I booked the Glory because of the Mongolian Station. I planned my port days around lunch time at the Mongolian Station.

Call me crazy--- but PLEASE dont take away my Mongolian Station.

I was reading a RECENT FunTImes-- and on the back cover where they list the days dining venues-- NO mongolian Station. but in its place was Comfort Kitchen

So disappointed.

I find it hard to believe that not one person in the last few sailings have not reported this.

I searched many pages to see if it was posted.

I booked the Glory because of the Mongolian Station. I planned my port days around lunch time at the Mongolian Station.

Call me crazy--- but PLEASE dont take away my Mongolian Station.

I was reading a RECENT FunTImes-- and on the back cover where they list the days dining venues-- NO mongolian Station. but in its place was Comfort Kitchen

So disappointed.

I was on the Glory last month...and NOPE, no Mongolian Station. I miss it too.

Not sure which ships this applies to but I just got off the Paradise (3 days ago) and the Mongolian Wok is still there.

ships that had a recent dry dock. (Conquest no longer has the Mongolian station either)

I was on the Glory last month...and NOPE, no Mongolian Station. I miss it too.

I can hear James T Kirk sayin, What they took the Mongolian Wok off the ship , are the out of their Vulcan mind :eek:.

Thats is a bad move on Carnivals part , change and more will follow.

Oh, no. I was looking forward to the Mongolian Station next year on the Conquest. I am now hoping that the new additions on the food choices are good or we will be having most meals in the dining room instead. Thanks for update.

It makes sense that Carnival did away with the Mongolian Station. While it was a good concept in theory, it did not work, all that well on Carnival.

1) The lines were exceptionally long

2) The number of people that they could serve/hour was much less than the traditional buffet

3) Passengers would not only order for themselves, but for everyone else at the table. All too often one would wait 30 minutes or more only to have the passenger before you ask for five or six dinner. It was rather difficult to keep up.

I for one, will not miss his. I feel that this can be regarded as an improvement for better service by Carnival.

doing google searches for Carnival Comfort Kitchen

A new casual dining option,The Comfort Kitchen,” located within the Lido Marketplace and offering a tempting array of American-style “comfort food” entrees and side dishes.

according to this piece: the mongolian grill is still there just a small part of the Comfort kitchen

Lido Marketplace is lighter in design (beach umbrellas, faux brick walls) and more subdivided than previous Carnival buffets, offering a series of smaller spaces that segment the crowds. It's still congested -- especially when the hungry masses return from a port day -- but it's an improvement. As is the norm for Carnival ships, offerings are split by action stations. Passengers will find decent salad and dessert bars, made-to-order Mongolian Wok (choose your noodles, veggies, protein) and sandwich stations (turkey, tuna, caprese), and a comfort food setup (mac 'n' cheese, meatloaf). A plethora of other hot and cold offerings, including soups, salads, seafood, meats and pasta, also make the rounds.

It makes sense that Carnival did away with the Mongolian Station. While it was a good concept in theory, it did not work, all that well on Carnival.

1) The lines were exceptionally long

2) The number of people that they could serve/hour was much less than the traditional buffet

3) Passengers would not only order for themselves, but for everyone else at the table. All too often one would wait 30 minutes or more only to have the passenger before you ask for five or six dinner. It was rather difficult to keep up.

I for one, will not miss his. I feel that this can be regarded as an improvement for better service by Carnival.

Well , you stated the obvious. I waited on the Breeze last week around 45 minutes with only 12 to 15 people in front of me, . I waited because it was the last day they would serve shrimp at the wok.

Should haved moved quicker than that by far. My wife used the comfort food line, had her lunch and desert and waited for me around 20 minutes.

thank goodness its still on the Liberty i believe...my son and I love the wok station...I was on RCCL Naviator of the Seas earlier this year and they only do the wok station for dinner and its only for 1 or 2 nights so I really missed it.

Oh, no. I was looking forward to the Mongolian Station next year on the Conquest. I am now hoping that the new additions on the food choices are good or we will be having most meals in the dining room instead. Thanks for update.

They are MUCH better.

For those mourning the Mongolian Wok, wok on over to the new Carnival Sunshine, which is supposed to have a free Wok by day and a pay Asian restaurant by night. :)

Comfort food replaces one of the buffet lines on Conquest and had nothing to do with removal of the Wok. I didn't try it, but it seemed popular. Once again, Carnival offering more choice, not less.

Could you tell me if the Mongolian was on your cruise?

or was it removed?

I have been going over your recent photos trying to get an idea what it looks like- I know where the line is-- and how the mongolian station was to that part of the buffet.

Archived