Mongolian Station replaced by Comfort Kitchen

serene56

I find it hard to believe that not one person in the last few sailings have not reported this.

I searched many pages to see if it was posted.

I booked the Glory because of the Mongolian Station. I planned my port days around lunch time at the Mongolian Station.

Call me crazy--- but PLEASE dont take away my Mongolian Station.

I was reading a RECENT FunTImes-- and on the back cover where they list the days dining venues-- NO mongolian Station. but in its place was Comfort Kitchen

So disappointed.

Read this news many times in the past few months...

I had seen issues a couple years ago and was put off too. But on subsequent cruises, the problem seemed to have been corrected--and believe me, I was watching the bowls carefully. I was glad because I really like Mongolian Grill. Now, I see that they have a dirty dish caddy that they immediately deposit the bowl that you handed your ingredients to them in.

And, there is a totally separate stacked "clean dish" rack from which they retreive the bowl that they put your finished meal into.

Sadly, though, I hear that the Mongolian Grill is going the way of the Dodo. I liked it--the food was cooked to order, hot, and the veggies and meat were fresh.

I have noticed on my last few cruises that they have definitely changed the way they used to do things at this station. They are really careful not to mix "drippings" from raw meats with cooked meats, and definitely use clean bowls for everything. I actually ate there 2x on Breeze, and I'm glad that option is back in for me - it was really nice and healthy!! Well done, CCL!!

Does anyone know if the splendor has the wok or guys?

looking at the deck plans it looks like Splendor still has the Wok- go early because as the week goes on that line will be super long

I have noticed on my last few cruises that they have definitely changed the way they used to do things at this station. They are really careful not to mix "drippings" from raw meats with cooked meats, and definitely use clean bowls for everything. I actually ate there 2x on Breeze, and I'm glad that option is back in for me - it was really nice and healthy!! Well done, CCL!!

It only had to be brought to their attention by numerous guests over multiple YEARS, but perhaps they finally got the message (what, did somebody try to sue them?! ;)) :D

Tom

looking at the deck plans it looks like Splendor still has the Wok- go early because as the week goes on that line will be super long

DW will be very disappointed if the wok goes away. Hope to do the Splendor next month and might be the last time we see the wok.

My 2 cents is - When Carnival first came out with the Wok stations the sauces were different than they are now. I like the old sauces. One was a Thai (It was like a curry and VERY hot). There was also a Black Bean sauce and one other.

Now they all taste the same... I think I had it once in last 3 cruises. Not that good and I can get Mongolian at home. Every Chinese, Ryans Buffet has them and then there's the Japanese hibatchi places and plus there's a nice Mongolian restaurant near the mall....

I also think people wasted a lot of food when going....it took them forever to offer rice with it - (last year?)

The Mongolian Wok was one of the biggest disappointments I've had with Carnival food. The wait was insane- my husband managed to go through several buffet stations, eat his food, and I was still waiting (and the line didn't seem long when I got in it)

To help the food cook faster, they added a lot of water- so what I got back was a weird soupy mixture.

Finally, it was so salty it was barely edible.

I LOVE Mongolian grills at home. I wouldn't bother again with Carnival, so i'm excited to see them trying something else.

Ya know-- I just cant understand why someone will pay 1000's of dollars and eat stuff as they would when they are home-- meat loaf?? mac and cheese?

com'on now.

I dont' eat stuff like that at home. I rarely eat junk food in 'real life'. It's a nice vacation treat (though I wouldn't eat meat loaf because I don't eat pork or veal, and it usually contains one or the other at most places). I've also never paid thousands of dollars for my cruise, Carnival is cheap (well, with airfare I've paid thousand of dollar, but not plural).

I only had the Mongolian one time..it was ok...not worth the line (for me anyway)...however, I KNOW I am in the minority with that feeling...the line proves it.

So why would CCL take something that people obviously love and change it??

(I guess this is a rhetorical question)

I only had the Mongolian one time..it was ok...not worth the line (for me anyway)...however, I KNOW I am in the minority with that feeling...the line proves it.

So why would CCL take something that people obviously love and change it??

the mongolian station-- as popular as it is -- has many issues. The lines for one thing-- and the sanitary conditions are hard to keep up.

People take a bowl-- fill it with food and its gotta be replaced witha new clean one-- making a lot of work for crew members.

I am thinking of the Liberty with smoke being an issue in the closed in space-- (i think it was the Liberty) that was a major concern.

WHAT?! Does anyone know if it's still on the Fascination? We sail in May and find this is one of the FEW places you can actually eat "healthy" onboard! We have this for lunch every day as opposed to the greasy, fried, foods in the buffet :( We eat "clean" if anyone knows what that is and even a sub sandwich doesn't help me stick with my diet. So disappointing!!

WHAT?! Does anyone know if it's still on the Fascination? We sail in May and find this is one of the FEW places you can actually eat "healthy" onboard! We have this for lunch every day as opposed to the greasy, fried, foods in the buffet :( We eat "clean" if anyone knows what that is and even a sub sandwich doesn't help me stick with my diet. So disappointing!!

I need to know if this is on the Fascination as well.......we sail in two weeks!!!!

Gotta have my wok!!!!

I stopped eating the Mongolian wok food when the server poured the raw beef/chicken I gave them into the wok pan, cooked it with the noodles, and dumped the food back into the original bowl I had handed them. It grossed me out. I actually called over the food manager and spoke to them about it. (after dumping the food) He then spoke to the cook, who began putting the raw food dish into the wash tray and used a fresh bowl to put the cooked food into. Unfortunately, a few days later I saw them still putting cooked food into the same bowl that had the raw meat in it. At that moment I stopped eating the wok on any ship.

Wow...while this is probably an isolated thing...the mongolian wok didnt appeal to me before but after reading this I definitely will continue to steer clear.

Best time to eat at the Mongolian is right when they open for the day. If it opens at 11 i am in line at 1050. Or i watch for the first person they get in line after them. I love my home mongolian buffet. But on the ship they rotate the meats, fish, and veggies every day. One day they had clams and mussels, i tried and said more clams than mussels, he did not listen and i liked them both. Some days its shrimp! Should be a limit per person of one bowl. Another day different veggies.

Wow...while this is probably an isolated thing...the mongolian wok didnt appeal to me before but after reading this I definitely will continue to steer clear.

Not to worry - they totally changed the way they serve the food, and no longer mix the bowls. They use all fresh ones. Try it - you'll like it. Just try to get there "early" cause the lines can get really long - and it isn't worth 1/2 hour of my vacation time waiting for stir-fried food.

On Conquest the Mongolian Wok was removed when they put Guy's Burger Joint in. Guy's is a much better choice and much faster.

Before:

DSC_3883.JPG

DSC_1040_DxO.jpg

I have to agree Guy's is a better choice by far. can't wait to be on the Breeze again in October and have a Guy's burger.

Archived