Oceania air tickets

crowpro

We receive an email from TA/Oceania that has the e-ticket attached

If you have your locator number you can just log into the airline website and print off boarding passes

We do the deviation so have all the information on flights well ahead of time

I have never been asked for any paper ticket ...just show our passport & boarding pass at check in desk

It may be different for those in the USA travelling without passports & only I.D.

YMMV

Last week my air travel arrangements appeared in the "already booked" page of the Oceania web site (for a Feb 22 cruise). I do check this periodically.

I made a note of the six character booking number and then went to the web sites of two airlines involved, logged in with those codes, which confirmed that the reservations existed, changed the seat selection to meet our preferences and printed the itinerary from each of the airlines web site.

I do not see any need for additional paper. This appears to be essentially the same as if I had purchased the tickets from the airline web page. I will print boarding passes the day before we travel and should only need the booking number (which will be on the boarding pass) and appropriate ID at the airport.

Robbie

Were I to use the air devation rather than the regular air arrangement offered, How far in advance can I get a booking if I use the devation.

I think regular air is 75 days out...is that correct?

And do I have to have the cruise paid for in full in either case?

Were I to use the air devation rather than the regular air arrangement offered, How far in advance can I get a booking if I use the devation.

This is the first time I used Oceania air and chose the deviation so I am no expert. We got our flights and seats about a month ago for our April 7th cruise.

We knew our flights 350 days ahead of the cruise, but the information does not show up on Oceania's site that soon. We received all of the information from our TA and the information now showing up on Oceania's website agrees with our original information we were given 350 days ago. We usually end up using deviation each time we fly as it works better for and we see a bit of the embarkation city before we cruise. Sometimes we even manage a tour before we board.

It's been a while since we needed to know this, but I believe 270 days out is the earliest you can book on most domestic U.S. airlines.

If memory serves correctly we paid $199 each the last time we did an air deviation. I haven't read the current carrier contract to see if that fee has changed. I'm sure if this isn't correct, someone will chime in with the correct information.

It's been a while since we needed to know this, but I believe 270 days out is the earliest you can book on most domestic U.S. airlines.

If memory serves correctly we paid $199 each the last time we did an air deviation. I haven't read the current carrier contract to see if that fee has changed. I'm sure if this isn't correct, someone will chime in with the correct information.

$150 per person, non refundable once the Passenger has agreed to an acceptable Airline routing.

Just to be clear

Airlines usually release their new schedules at around 330 days out

Oceania will usually take deviations requests around the 270 day mark

providing they have their contracts with the airlines in place

Some exceptions may apply

My TA that books alot of Oceania says you can ask 330 days out- -she says that they tell you what they would book you on, then agree or ask for deviation and see what they can do.

My TA that books alot of Oceania says you can ask 330 days out- -she says that they tell you what they would book you on, then agree or ask for deviation and see what they can do.

Yes, and I'm sure that Oceania would offer to do that with the best of intentions, but with the deviation fee now being non-refundable, I don't know that I'd be willing to chance it.

Of course you can always ask but do they actually book those flights for you???

We have only done the deviation 3 time & once had to wait until their contracts with the airlines were in place

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie when it comes to air & cruise together. Can someone explain "deviations" to me? We were wondering if it is possible to fly in earlier or fly out later than Oceania would expect a person to, so that we can have extra time in our origin and/or termination city.

Also, have you found that O's air arrangements were satisfactory?

Ann

I'm a newbie when it comes to air & cruise together. Can someone explain "deviations" to me? We were wondering if it is possible to fly in earlier or fly out later than Oceania would expect a person to, so that we can have extra time in our origin and/or termination city.

Ann

A deviation is exactly what you described. You (or your travel agent) request Oceania to propose flight arrangements for what you would like to do. Fly in a day or two earlier, fly home a day or two later, take certain flights or fly certain airlines.

Oceania will come back with a proposal. They can almost always meet your desires for timing. Depending on their contracts, they may be able to meet your desires for specific flights or specific airlines. They may be able to fulfill your desires within their air allowance; if not, they will quote an additional amount.

At this point, it's just a discussion, and no fees are yet charged. You can review their proposal, accept it or refuse it, or ask for a different proposal. If you ultimately do NOT accept the proposal, there are no fees. However, once you accept the proposal, an administrative fee of $150 per person will be immediately charged to your credit card. If there is an additional charge for the flights you accept, it will be added to your invoice and due at final payment for the cruise.

If you have to cancel your cruise, your air arrangements are subject to the same policies regarding cancellation as your cruise fare. Currently, if you cancel prior to 120 days prior to the cruise, there are no penalties and you will receive a full refund of your deposit. The administrative deviation fee, however, is non-refundable, as the administrative effort was completed at the time you accepted the deviation.

As to whether the arrangements are satisfactory, all the reports I have read, and my personal experience, indicate that the arrangements are usually better than you could afford to make on your own. In my opinion, Oceania has the best air flight department in the entire cruise business.

Ann

The deviations you can go day or two before and come back later if you so want. I enquired on Friday and asked for two extra days after cruise and they told me they would charge £50 pp as deviation.

Not sure what they charge in Dollars.

Archived