Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

• 3 months later...

We recently returned from Independence of the Seas in the "Sweet".

I've saved copies of the letters from the Concierge which detail the "Sweet" and the benefits we receive.

For those who may wish to read them, you can find them here:

I'll add that Raj took great care of us during our cruise. He helped make our cruise vacation even better!

Edited by Daghis

We recently returned from Independence of the Seas in the "Sweet".

I've saved copies of the letters from the Concierge which detail the "Sweet" and the benefits we receive.

For those who may wish to read them, you can find them here:

I'll add that Raj took great care of us during our cruise. He helped make our cruise vacation even better!

That is interesting. Thank you

Do you pay much more than a normal inside room for this room?

This special cabin is available only on the three Freedom class ships (Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, and Independence of the Seas).

Hi Daghis! You seem to be the most knowledgeable about the sweet! I am booked in August on the Freedom. Would you say the letters and the benefits are the same on the Freedom as they are on the Independence? I am getting quite excited seeing your letters!

Hi Daghis! You seem to be the most knowledgeable about the sweet! I am booked in August on the Freedom. Would you say the letters and the benefits are the same on the Freedom as they are on the Independence? I am getting quite excited seeing your letters!

We have been in the sweet on the Independence & last November on the Freedom. The letter we got on the Freedom was a generic "dear guest" black & white photocopy. Nothing like the colour personalised letter on on the Indy. There was no recognition of the sweet in our room when we boarded & we had to chase it with guest services. We were able to order of the suite dining menu on the Indy, but not on the Freedom. The benefits seem to vary from ship to ship, depending on who the concierge is. Raj on the Indy was great & filled us in on all the perks we could use, the Freedom concierge we had no interaction with.

Edited by Brit-Cruiser

We have been in the sweet on the Independence & last November on the Freedom. The letter we got on the Freedom was a generic "dear guest" black & white photocopy. Nothing like the colour personalised letter on on the Indy. There was no recognition of the sweet in our room when we boarded & we had to chase it with guest services. We were able to order of the suite dining menu on the Indy, but not on the Freedom. The benefits seem to vary from ship to ship, depending on who the concierge is. Raj on the Indy was great & filled us in on all the perks we could use, the Freedom concierge we had no interaction with.

Wow! What a let-down. Well, now I know not to have raised expectations!:o Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the Liberty Saturday and we had the Sweet and connecting room. Our letter stated our benefits were the ice cream (coupons included) and access to the "Cowcierge" lounge. That's it. We would have had to go to the concierge to get the passes for access to the lounge, and never bothered. We didn't think our kids would appreciate the lounge and we aren't big drinkers. We also had early dinner, so we were always busy during the cocktail hour.

I did contact the concierge ahead of the cruise to try to get a cabana and he did respond, but only to tell me they are booked by suite members first and usually about a week out. He told me I could get in touch once onboard to book, but I just booked at the excursion desk, which was open much earlier than the concierge (didn't want to risk not getting a cabana). He called once we were onboard to see if we were still interested in booking.

The kids stayed in the Sweet and DH and I in 6307....we never noticed noise other than the parties and parades we all heard at night. I am a light sleeper and I was so tired at night even a 70s disco party didn't keep me up.

• 2 months later...
Just managed to snag this "sweet" for our upcoming November cruise on Independence. I have been checking daily hoping someone would cancel, and they did!

Was that for Nov 7th? That was us. We are doing a family vacation

and one in our party can't go. Enjoy!!!!