Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Today was wash & fold day. A bag of laundry for just $15, but note the restrictions. Only socks, underwear, T-shirts, pajamas and swim wear.

Wash & fold appeared thrice during our cruise. Our stateroom attendant told us that they were valid for that one day only. Originally we thought we could just keep the bag & order form and use it as and when we wanted to.

2cnborc.jpg

You can see that we stuffed the bag. Plenty of underwear, kids' PJs, T-shirts etc. Very convenient. The clothes would come back within 48 hours.

xmjr0i.jpg

Great review... thank you for taking the time to do it. It is very informative and your photos are fantastic. We will be back on Voyager in February on an Australia/NZ cruise and then on the repositioning back to your home (Singapore).

Noticed the Wash & Fold price was $15 per bag... in our previous cruises the Wash & Fold has been $25 per bag (we were on Liberty in November and it was $25 per bag). I know you cruised on Voyager last June... do you remember if the Wash & Fold was also $15 or was it $25 per bag previously? I wonder if RCI has changed the size of the Wash & Fold bag or if they have changed their pricing while crusing in the Australian market?

Normally C&A members get a Wash & Fold Discount in the C&A booklet, do you know is that perk still available?

Thank you again for all your help ! ! !

This was from Day 4.

rcax.jpg

11rgf9z.jpg

Day 4 was a sea day. There were many, many activities on the ship. If you tried to go to all, you would be rushing from activity to activity. So you had to choose.

This is too funny.......I did alittle detective work and found out the Headliner who is "direct from the Las Vegas Strip" has spent one night there as seen here as part of his website.

Here's the excerpt out of that article:

" He was permitted one show, an invitation-only performance at the Mirage in January, which drew 1,000 curious guests."

So yes......technically he has been on the strip :cool: Just saying.....

I just kinda found it funny how they parlayed on that one night to be able to use that "credential"

Watching his video's, the guy sounds GREAT

Great review... thank you for taking the time to do it. It is very informative and your photos are fantastic. We will be back on Voyager in February on an Australia/NZ cruise and then on the repositioning back to your home (Singapore).

Noticed the Wash & Fold price was $15 per bag... in our previous cruises the Wash & Fold has been $25 per bag (we were on Liberty in November and it was $25 per bag). I know you cruised on Voyager last June... do you remember if the Wash & Fold was also $15 or was it $25 per bag previously? I wonder if RCI has changed the size of the Wash & Fold bag or if they have changed their pricing while crusing in the Australian market?

Normally C&A members get a Wash & Fold Discount in the C&A booklet, do you know is that perk still available?

Thank you again for all your help ! ! !

Sharp observation!

For this cruise, it was the Wash and Fold for $15. No press.

During our Voyager June cruise, my wife told me it was the Wash, Fold & Press for $25. (We didn't use this service in June)

The C&A booklet does have coupon which was $5 off the $25 Wash, Fold & Press.

Would it be true to say that some days the Voyager would have been hardly moving travelling between some places in NZ?

Glen

Certainly not for this itinerary, though it may be possible for other itineraries.

In fact, the Captain commented that one of the challenges of this cruise is the vast distances the ship had to travel. We travelled more than 7,500km over the 14 days.

Page 2 of the cruise compass. The headliner show was a magician/illusionist. We watched him on the Voyager in June, not bad.

Take note the instructions for the Ice Show. On Day 1 or Day 2, we had already received the instructions on a separate sheet of paper. Due to the limited capacity of Studio B, they had to do the show five times during this cruise.

2rwuvso.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

One of the simple joys of cruising. Having fried rice in the Windjammer, window seat!

By now, I think you may have realised that fried rice was my comfort food, though I must say that generally our tastes are rather Western. (Having taken the not-so-good Asian fare on the Voyager June sailing to China, I much prefer the non-Asian offerings)

ac4arr.jpg

16kqgzo.jpg