Live from the new Enchantment, 12/22/12

Merion_Mom

Thank you for taking the time to post live from the Enchantment. I enjoyed following you.

We are going to San Juan to bring the Grandeur to Baltimore in April. But, we will miss the Enchantment. She is an old friend.

I would love to read a detailed comparison of Enchantment and Grandeur. Enchantment is the only Vision class ship I have been on, and I realize that she is unique because of the stretch.

I would love to read a detailed comparison of Enchantment and Grandeur. Enchantment is the only Vision class ship I have been on, and I realize that she is unique because of the stretch.

Speaking of the stretch, I've read posts where people say venues like Windjammer and the theater are overly crowded because the stretch added more guests without making these venues larger. Did you feel that way?

Speaking of the stretch, I've read posts where people say venues like Windjammer and the theater are overly crowded because the stretch added more guests without making these venues larger. Did you feel that way?

The only place I really felt the crowds was in the windjammer on embarkation day. Other than that, I didn't think that it was too bad.

I am SO on the fence about whether to change or not. This close, cabin selection is iffy. I would hate to be "miserable" in my cabin.... But it would still be better than a day at work.

The balcony for 8670 is wonderful. 2 chairs, a table and 2 loungers. DD was able to sunbathe out there without wind.

With 3 in 8670, and the sofa bed open... There is NO room to walk around. The extra room at the end of the room is taken up by the coffee table and a stool that get moved out of the way of the sofa bed. Fortunately the sofa gets closed up early each day. I will see if I have any photos of the room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did see some pictures of 8670 although it was with the old furniture, but it looked like the cabin was longer so one of the side chairs fit beside the couch instead of in front of it. At least a person could sit on the couch! Ha! That photo posted of 7666 with the 2 chairs in front of the couch scared me a bit.

It seems like when we had the sofabed open in our junior suite on the Radiance, there was plenty of foot room, but I think the junior suites must be a tad smaller on the Enchantment. We were so spoiled with that cabin 1100 on the Radiance. What a room! Well, in 8670, if our son is asleep, we'll find some way to climb over him to get out to the balcony.

Well, if you decide to keep 7666, you'll have to come back and report if the furniture is still all crowded in there. Have fun on your cruise!! :-)

Merion Mom

I noticed Radio posted some menus from the Enchantment. Do you recall if the Chops Steak upcharge was offered? I love ordering a chops steak in the MDR.

We had the new menus on the Jewel in October and they had the chops steak listed on the menu. But I did not notice it on the ones that Radio posted.

Thanks for the info.

Merion Mom

I noticed Radio posted some menus from the Enchantment. Do you recall if the Chops Steak upcharge was offered? I love ordering a chops steak in the MDR.

We had the new menus on the Jewel in October and they had the chops steak listed on the menu. But I did not notice it on the ones that Radio posted.

Thanks for the info.

I was on the Dec 17th sailing of the Jewel and they did offer Chops Steaks in the MDR.

I was on the Dec 17th sailing of the Jewel and they did offer Chops Steaks in the MDR.

Yes, thanks! We had several on the Jewel. I just noticed that on the Enchantment menus, the chops steak was not mentioned. I hope it is an option. We haven't been on the Enchantment in years.

I was on last week' date=' it seems like there was mention on the lower right corner of the menu a whole Maine lobster for 29.95 and surf & turf for 39.95, but I don't recall a steak for an upcharge.[/quote']

Oh thank you!! Chances are if they are offering the upcharge deals on Enchantment, then Chops is probably included with that. At least, I hope so.

The Jr Suites on Enchantment are not that much bigger than the regular balcony cabins on the Freedom, but we survived!

With the sofa bed open, there is DEFINITELY not much room between it and the desk.

Maybe we can STACK the two chairs? I'm sure moving them out to the balcony won't be allowed... as would throwing them overboard? :-P

I did see some pictures of 8670 although it was with the old furniture, but it looked like the cabin was longer so one of the side chairs fit beside the couch instead of in front of it. At least a person could sit on the couch! Ha! That photo posted of 7666 with the 2 chairs in front of the couch scared me a bit.

It seems like when we had the sofabed open in our junior suite on the Radiance, there was plenty of foot room, but I think the junior suites must be a tad smaller on the Enchantment. We were so spoiled with that cabin 1100 on the Radiance. What a room! Well, in 8670, if our son is asleep, we'll find some way to climb over him to get out to the balcony.

Well, if you decide to keep 7666, you'll have to come back and report if the furniture is still all crowded in there. Have fun on your cruise!! :-)

Sue and I have that cabin for a Feb 4th cruise.

Any noise problems from down below?

George

No, that's why I picked that one. This is the corner that is AWAY FROM the music source in the Spotlight Lounge.

But you are very astute, George - always check what's above and below.

In this case, you picked the right cabin!

How the heck are you guys?

Well, if you want to look on the bright side, the chairs made great foot rests, because I could sit either on the bed or the sofa and just stretch my (not very long) legs out on the chair which came right up against both of them! ;) :D

The Jr Suites on Enchantment are not that much bigger than the regular balcony cabins on the Freedom, but we survived!

With the sofa bed open, there is DEFINITELY not much room between it and the desk.

Maybe we can STACK the two chairs? I'm sure moving them out to the balcony won't be allowed... as would throwing them overboard? :-P

I have long ago learned to operate on this principle:

It is better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.

:D

Bob, I did not find them so, but it can be a matter of knowing the right timing.

Don't go at "rush hour".

I ate lunch in the WJ on Day 1 (honey stung chicken not crispy enough); service excellent. But we were among the first to board, and thus the first to hit the WJ.

Two dinners in the WJ - no crowding at all.

Lunches were in the MDR or Park Café or room service. I can't remember - maybe I had one lunch........

Theatre - just don't go at the last minute, and if you can, choose the first show instead of the second.

No, that's why I picked that one. This is the corner that is AWAY FROM the music source in the Spotlight Lounge.

But you are very astute, George - always check what's above and below.

In this case, you picked the right cabin!

How the heck are you guys?

We are doing great , thanks for asking.

You mentioned the Around The Horn Reunion cruise were we all got bumped , I don't know if we ever got an OBC funny it was only a two years ago, humm must be getting old.

Hi, Carol! I've enjoyed reading this thread tonight and seeing all the photos, too. That is a great one of you receiving your crystal diamond! Laura and I(and our DHs) were on Independence in December. Super Mario was top cruiser(would be on any RCI ship, since he is THE top cruiser) and Helen Cooper was second. Mario received a pyramid, and Helen received the crystal diamond. I am booked solo on Navigator with a lot of familiar cc members 2/23. Laura and I are deciding which cruise to do in April when she finishes tax season.:) Helen and Sue are on Navigator 2/23. Dirtgirl(Carol) will be on Navigator, and she reminded Laura this week about a Celebrity booking Laura had forgotten about for April 20.

When is your next cruise?? Hope to see you again soon!

Kay

I am SO on the fence about whether to change or not. This close, cabin selection is iffy. I would hate to be "miserable" in my cabin.... But it would still be better than a day at work.

The balcony for 8670 is wonderful. 2 chairs, a table and 2 loungers. DD was able to sunbathe out there without wind.

With 3 in 8670, and the sofa bed open... There is NO room to walk around. The extra room at the end of the room is taken up by the coffee table and a stool that get moved out of the way of the sofa bed. Fortunately the sofa gets closed up early each day. I will see if I have any photos of the room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We were in 7666 for the 1/5/13 cruise. Loved, loved the balcony. I'm not sure I would book the room again because of how crowded it was with all the furniture. (Cracked my little toe on a piece one night - still sore:(). As far as noise there was none.

We had friends in 7166 (opposite corner) and they put the extra chairs on the balcony. Our neighbors next door put one of their chairs on the balcony. At this rate, they'll be ruined soon and be gone!

Any information on the Schooner Bar piano player? Who is it, and how much longer will they be on board?

Thanks!

Theron

His name is Danny Beal and I thought him to be one of the best piano bar players I've seen. He is scheduled to be on through mid April, up until the reposition to Port Canveral.

Everything is personal and subjective.

He is ok.

:)

It's been a few days now since I returned from the January 5th sailing, I wanted to follow up on the piano player in the Schooner Bar.

It's no secret that spending the last hour of most every evening in the Schooner Bar is one of the "things I do" on a cruise. And with due deference and complete agreement with Merion Mom's report that each of us have our own subjective impressions, I can also report that I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent listening to him.

Mr. Beal is a very talented entertainer, and although there is nothing particularly wrong with doing so, he does not use any sheet music, notebook of chords, or iPad full of songs or lyrics. It's all in his head! As with any person, obviously he doesn't know everything you might want to hear, but I was quite impressed with the wide range of songs he performed.

It was also a privilege to spend a few minutes from time to time with him around the ship, hearing about his family and other personal life details.

One of the best songs he did was an original ballad of sorts, written about a man from his small hometown in Maine who recently passed away. I'm sure if you ask, he'll sing it for you, and it's well worth the listen. At the other end of the spectrum, he might pull out his rendition of Nessun Dorma, made famous

(and yes, he hits the note at the end!)

So anyway, that's my two cents... if you happen to see him, tell him you read about him on Cruise Critic... he'll remember me from that. :)

Theron

Hi, Carol! I've enjoyed reading this thread tonight and seeing all the photos, too. That is a great one of you receiving your crystal diamond! Laura and I(and our DHs) were on Independence in December. Super Mario was top cruiser(would be on any RCI ship, since he is THE top cruiser) and Helen Cooper was second. Mario received a pyramid, and Helen received the crystal diamond. I am booked solo on Navigator with a lot of familiar cc members 2/23. Laura and I are deciding which cruise to do in April when she finishes tax season.:) Helen and Sue are on Navigator 2/23. Dirtgirl(Carol) will be on Navigator, and she reminded Laura this week about a Celebrity booking Laura had forgotten about for April 20.

When is your next cruise?? Hope to see you again soon!

Kay

Hi, Kay. Next up is the Navigator on MARCH 23. That's my spring break. So leave little notes for me around the ship............

:)

Hi,

this is Horsefeathers and I have a question.

Since they stretched the enchantment, I just realized my room is now over the schooner bar? To my memory, I have been on this ship 2 before, that is one of the noiser bars is it, it closes about what time.

My husband goes to bed about 10:00 and this ship is full so I can't move now. Pleae give me good news.

thanks.

Debi

I loved going back in time with your review. I really enjoyed your review and my own cruise on her. I hope to someday go back and see her!!

I have cruised both Enchantment and Granduer.....LOVED both!!

Going to go look through my pictures and relive my cruise in hopes of one for myself again soon!!!

Thanks again!!

• 1 month later...

Archived