princess airfare flight program questions

ckr31

We are thinking of booking our flights through Princess for our upcoming cruise. our cruise goes from Ft.Lauderdale to CALI where we live.I have a couple questions

1)will princess book a one way ticket or does it have to be round trip?

2)will they fly me in that day or a day in advance?

3)if flown in a day in advance am I responsable for my Hotel stay or is Princess?

4)are the cost more than if I would book it myself

5)how is the overall experiance

6)pro's and con's of the program

We are thinking of booking our flights through Princess for our upcoming cruise. our cruise goes from Ft.Lauderdale to CALI where we live.I have a couple questions

1)will princess book a one way ticket or does it have to be round trip?

2)will they fly me in that day or a day in advance? With the current EZAir program, you pick the day and flights, so it is up to you which day you fly in. Most people here will recommend you fly in at least a day early to avoid possible flight problems that could cause you to miss the cruise.

3)if flown in a day in advance am I responsable for my Hotel stay or is Princess? You are

4)are the cost more than if I would book it myself Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I would only use EZAir if it cost no more than booking myself.

5)how is the overall experiance I have had no problems when using it.

6)pro's and con's of the program Main con is if you can book cheaper by yourself. Also, EZAir does not have all possible airlines such as Southwest.

see above in red

Hiya, CKR...you can fly in thru Princess Air in advance of sail-away day. When we do this we book the Princess hotel offer. Actually, we book the hotel even if we fly independently.

I don't think they will offer you a one-way; only round-trip to your original airport.

The cost is likely to be similar to your own booking. However, you can get some weird & long connecting flights that might be better avoided by doing your own booking.

We find it is often good to go with Princess Air for a long foreign flight; but usually book U.S. flights thru a more convenient airline, which is usually Southwest.

Steve

You can book one way fares with Ezair . Example I live in the Pacific Northwest , if I book a cruise from Beijing to Vancouver I can get the one way airfare with no problem. It can be cheaper than booking your own fare . Only once I found it was more expensive then regular scheduled airlines.

It depends on your cruise as whether or not you can get a one way fare. We are going on a Panama repositioning so only need a flight back from Fort Lauderdale. That's all that shows up one the Princess suggestions. I always check the regular flights so I know if it is beter to use Princess air

The only real concern we have and it has happened when ever flying out of US is the last few weeks before leaving they have changed our flight times and airlines. Then we have had to change seating and arrangements to airports etc. Our most recent is to be two weeks from now. Original flight time was noon now it is 5 am. No seats available sitting next to each other and no shuttle from hotel to airport. But it is much cheaper for flight from FL to Brazil. It is all chance. Good Luck

The only real concern we have and it has happened when ever flying out of US is the last few weeks before leaving they have changed our flight times and airlines. Then we have had to change seating and arrangements to airports etc. Our most recent is to be two weeks from now. Original flight time was noon now it is 5 am. No seats available sitting next to each other and no shuttle from hotel to airport. But it is much cheaper for flight from FL to Brazil. It is all chance. Good Luck

Was the original airline still flying the original flights? If so, I would ask Princess why the change.

We pay less for "Restricted" air compared to "Flexible", but Flex Air includes refundable fare, and reservations can be locked in if you pay up front. You can find real bargains for one way international air travel. I paid one third the airline's one way posted fare!!!

Flexible fares:

Flexible fares are designed for those passengers who have less certainty in their travel plans and want the freedom to cancel their flight arrangements easily. These fares are typically higher than Restricted fares, but include the following added benefits:

• Air payment is due on the date of the final cruise payment – not at the time of air booking.
  • Air charges are fully refundable until 45 days prior to departure.

Restricted fares:

Our Restricted fares will typically be lower than our Flexible fares, with the following terms:

• Air charges are non-refundable (e.g. no cash back).
  • Payment is due immediately upon time of air booking.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/eZAir_Information.html

thanks Stevesan for this explanation between the two types of fares offered...I am in the process of finalizing a booking for a Med. cruise on the Royal and Princess is offering savings on the air, significant versus what I can do on my own. I don't see any reason not to use them--this is the first time I have used EZAir!

Question...I buy the Princess Platinum insurance...do you know if that covers EZAir, should I have to cancel the trip?

We just booked a 12 day British Isle cruise. Eused Princess for our flight. We used the Restricted fare of about $660 instead of flexible fare of $550 because to use the flexible fare you would of had to pay for the entire cruise now. If you didn't they did not gaurantee the rate. The exact same flight if I booked it privately would have been $1062. Princess has a great sale going on now. Got $400 off per person.

thanks Stevesan for this explanation between the two types of fares offered...I am in the process of finalizing a booking for a Med. cruise on the Royal and Princess is offering savings on the air, significant versus what I can do on my own. I don't see any reason not to use them--this is the first time I have used EZAir!

Question...I buy the Princess Platinum insurance...do you know if that covers EZAir, should I have to cancel the trip?

Yes... either versions of Princess' protection covers EZAir...

I do not know why, but both times we have used EZAir, the Flex fare cost less than the Restricted fare.

That sometimes happens... I don't know why either. :confused:

I was hoping to use EZAir for a flight to Heathrow next October for a TA cruise that ends in FLL. There were no restricted fares listed, which is definitely what I would want, and also, it would not let me book just the flight to Heathrow. I don't live in FLL, and prefer to use SWA for my flight home to Tampa.

Does anyone know if there is a way around the flight at the end of the cruise so I can book my own?

Have your TA or Princess manually change your start point to Fort Lauderdale. i asked one time and was told they can manually change the airport which one you want.

But then Princess would want the flight to be FLL-LHR (actually MIA-LHR), when the poster needs TPA-LHR.

Maybe calling Princess and booking it over the phone will work.

It has been our experience that Princess Air tends to be a good deal on Europe & Asia flights, but less so on US domestic flights. We have seen some strange (& long) routings thru Princess, & sometimes the US airlines make their own changes in times & connections.

Steve

But then Princess would want the flight to be FLL-LHR (actually MIA-LHR), when the poster needs TPA-LHR.

Maybe calling Princess and booking it over the phone will work.

Since we like to take TA's, I had my home airport changed to FLL and when I looked to book my return flight from Gatwick to TPA I was able to change the "To Airport" from FLL to TPA, so now I have a non-stop flight from Gatwick to TPA on BA.

Archived