What is special and not so special about cat SS on Westerdam?

Aldeya

We are sailing Westerdam in a week in a cat SS cabin. We usually book a verandah, this time booked a cat.SS.

I did a seach on this board but found very few posts about this category, most of them dated 2006-2009.

We knew from the beginning that we will not be "allowed" to use Neptune Lounge which is fine with us.

This will be our first cruise with HAL. I need all help I can get:D

So any tips about this category SS cabin will be much appreciated.

We are sailing Westerdam in a week in a cat SS cabin. We usually book a verandah, this time booked a cat.SS.

I did a seach on this board but found very few posts about this category, most of them dated 2006-2009.

We knew from the beginning that we will not be "allowed" to use Neptune Lounge which is fine with us.

This will be our first cruise with HAL. I need all help I can get:D

So any tips about this category SS cabin will be much appreciated.

We have sailed in SS category on the. Zuiderdam, Nieuw Amsterdam and the Eurodam. Quite simply, it has become our preferred choice of cabin.

It has a great deal of living space as well as more than enough storage space. There are two basins in the bathroom which is a big deal for us. In addition to the bathtub/shower combo there is a free standing shower which is worth its weight in gold to us.

We have tried a deluxe suite but found the Neptune Lounge wasn't enough to justify the extra cost.

The balcony is proportionately larger in an SS suite.

We like the SS suites so much that my husband refuses to sail in the R and S class ships now because they do not have that category.

When we were up sold to our first SS, my husband told me to enjoy it but not to get too used to it. In fact, it was he who got hooked. Not that I minded. :D

The SS cabins are a very nice size but be aware that depending on where you are they can be noisy. We had 8052 a couple of weeks ago and you would be amazed at how often the furniture on the Lido deck needs to be "arranged". For that reason we prefer the SY cabins on 6 to the SS on 8.

The SS cabins are a very nice size but be aware that depending on where you are they can be noisy. We had 8052 a couple of weeks ago and you would be amazed at how often the furniture on the Lido deck needs to be "arranged". For that reason we prefer the SY cabins on 6 to the SS on 8.

I agree with this. I am looking at booking an SY on Westerdam for this reason.

DaveOKC

We heard the furniture scraping in ours only late in the afternoon for just a short while. I was picturing the crew cleaning the decks surrounding the pool but never went up to look what was going on. It did not interrupt anything and was soon over. It was nice to just go up one flight of stairs to get to the Lido and two to get to the CrowsNest and Library.

We have an SZ guar. for Jan. 6 on the Westerdam. Haven't gotten our assignment yet. We did a Deluxe on the Maasdam and thought it was great. We got a great deal for the SZ so anything will be an upgrade. Can't wait to see where we will be living.

Me too. When I want a Superior Veranda Suite, I'll book a specific SY cabin and mark it "no upgrade."

There is a lot more storage space in the SS than in a verandah. Also, there is a double-vanity sink in the bathroom and a separate whirlpool tub and shower. The balcony is also double the size of a regular verandah. I think that you'll like the extra elbow-room!

Archived