I Never Fail to Pack a Cami.....

sail7seas

No matter what wardrobe I have selected to pack for our cruises, I know we will usually do some shopping and several times I bought a new sweater, or sheer top or jacket or something I wanted to wear on our cruise. :o

I was disappointed to not be able to as I didn't have a plain cami to wear under so I never leave home without a nude and a black cami top of one sort or another.

So many times, I have not needed it for the clothing I planned to wear when I packed but was happy I had it when I bought something that required I wear one.

Are there any garments you ALWAYS bring even if you aren't sure you'll want/need it?

No matter what wardrobe I have selected to pack for our cruises, I know we will usually do some shopping and several times I bought a new sweater, or sheer top or jacket or something I wanted to wear on our cruise. :o

I was disappointed to not be able to as I didn't have a plain cami to wear under so I never leave home without a nude and a black cami top of one sort or another.

So many times, I have not needed it for the clothing I planned to wear when I packed but was happy I had it when I bought something that required I wear one.

Are there any garments you ALWAYS bring even if you aren't sure you'll want/need it?

Just like you, I never go on a cruise without a nude/black/white cami. You are right--you never do know when you'll need one. They take up virtually no room either. I rarely need them, but won't leave home without my 3 camis.

Most definitely. I always bring a bathing suit for each day. Between pools, hot tubs and the beaches ..never know if I will need them all...and yet everyone of them are used. :o

Whenever I read about what other gals bring I sometimes wonder

about myself....not that there is anything wrong with me;)

I don't even own a cami.....nope, never purchased one.

What do I always bring? A lightweight cardigan and I usually bring

a warmup type jacket too. (this would of course depend on the

itinerary). Alaska? Much more long sleeves......Caribbean? Much more

lightweight clothing.....

Whenever I read about what other gals bring I sometimes wonder

about myself....not that there is anything wrong with me;)

I don't even own a cami.....nope, never purchased one.

What do I always bring? A lightweight cardigan and I usually bring

a warmup type jacket too. (this would of course depend on the

itinerary). Alaska? Much more long sleeves......Caribbean? Much more

lightweight clothing.....

What do you wear under blazers, suit jackets, chiffon or lightweight tops that are see through? :confused: Do you have any tops that are cut too low a vee so need something for modesty? I'm not by any means being critical but trying to imagine what garments I haven't thought of or heard of that might work for me and others.

Thanks. :)

Cruise must haves: a roll up woven broad brimmed hat, a warm black cardigan, and cozy white bedroom slippers...white so I can see them in the dark.

You bring your own slippers? Every cruise I've been on has them in the cabin.

I really thought you were kidding. In my mind a swimsuit and a cruise just somehow go together, unless you are sailing to Alaska.:rolleyes:

On my last cruise B2B in the Med we were either in port or participating in enrichment programs and had no time to swim. We barely had time to sleep!

The cruise before that we ran into hurricane force winds and unseasonably chilly weather, no swimming on that one, either.

My next cruise is Tahiti, I'm expecting to do some swimming there. :)

What do you wear under blazers, suit jackets, chiffon or lightweight tops that are see through? :confused: Do you have any tops that are cut too low a vee so need something for modesty? I'm not by any means being critical but trying to imagine what garments I haven't thought of or heard of that might work for me and others.

Thanks. :)

I don't own any blazers or suit jackets. Chiffon is not my style.

My bras work for the tops I own.

I always bring a pair of ankle height slipper socks (without the non-skid) in a very bright color. I wear them to sleep in on the plane and in the cabin. I bring bright colors so they don't get lost in the sheets if I peel them off in the middle of the night.

I wear a shirt/top under jackets and blazers, and I don't buy tops that are sheer or too low cut for a bra. I'm not sure what I'd even do with a camisole -- don't you have to wear a bra with one, so there are two sets of straps? The ones I have tried that have a shelf bra built in don't have much support.

Back to the OP's question, I pack one or two dressy sweaters that I can wear in the evening. I find it difficult to eat in the dining room while managing a shawl or wrap.

I wear a shirt/top under jackets and blazers, and I don't buy tops that are sheer or too low cut for a bra. I'm not sure what I'd even do with a camisole -- don't you have to wear a bra with one, so there are two sets of straps? The ones I have tried that have a shelf bra built in don't have much support.

Back to the OP's question, I pack one or two dressy sweaters that I can wear in the evening. I find it difficult to eat in the dining room while managing a shawl or wrap.

I am with you....I am not a "shawl gal". I prefer to put something

on with sleeves...3/4 or long....I am much more comfortable in them.

You bring your own slippers? Every cruise I've been on has them in the cabin.

Royal Caribbean doesn't put slippers in the cabin for less than a Grand Suite. WE are Diamond Plus on Royal and don't even get slippers for that. Even Celebrity doesn't even put slippers in a Concierge Class cabin. I don't know what level on Celebrity earns a pair of slippers.

Archived