B2B cruises internet minutes carryover

Astro Flyer

I just completed only my 2nd B2B cruise & have read previous threads discussing about whether remaining internet minutes carryover to the 2nd cruise or not. Some have said that they were lost while others have had them transferred to their 2nd cruise. My internet minutes are the free Captain's Circle ones but I still didn't want to lose them.

Not knowing for sure which way it would be handled I used most of my minutes just in case they didn't transfer to the 2nd cruise but my wife had many minutes remaining. Our experience on the Crown is that they did carryover to the 2nd cruise & it was a simple process to add them to the 2nd cruise.

During the 2nd cruise we signed in to our internet accounts & selected the option to purchase additional minutes. Then the option to get our free 250 minute package was available which we selected & the new minutes were added to those remaining from the 1st cruise.

I have no way of knowing if this is now the fleetwide procedure however I wanted to share our recent experiences with anyone wondering about how remaining internet minutes are handled...at least how they were handled recently onboard the Crown Princess. :)

I just completed only my 2nd B2B cruise & have read previous threads discussing about whether remaining internet minutes carryover to the 2nd cruise or not. Some have said that they were lost while others have had them transferred to their 2nd cruise. My internet minutes are the free Captain's Circle ones but I still didn't want to lose them.

Not knowing for sure which way it would be handled I used most of my minutes just in case they didn't transfer to the 2nd cruise but my wife had many minutes remaining. Our experience on the Crown is that they did carryover to the 2nd cruise & it was a simple process to add them to the 2nd cruise.

During the 2nd cruise we signed in to our internet accounts & selected the option to purchase additional minutes. Then the option to get our free 250 minute package was available which we selected & the new minutes were added to those remaining from the 1st cruise.

I have no way of knowing if this is now the fleetwide procedure however I wanted to share our recent experiences with anyone wondering about how remaining internet minutes are handled...at least how they were handled recently onboard the Crown Princess. :)

That was also my experience on my b2b on the CB in November.

It seems that Princess' policy is that you can't rollover your minutes but some Internet manager will accommodate their passengers doing B2Bs and roll them over.

I'm in a particularly difficult situation because the first leg of our trip is the Norway Midnight Sun itinerary that spends a bunch of time above the Arctic Circle. From what I've read there is little Internet available then. I normally like to buy my minutes before the trip because of the bonus minutes. I am concerned that I might buy a lot of time, be unable to use it for lack of Internet, and then lose those minutes for the second leg of the trip. This sort of thing would be such an easy feature to accomplish and be helpful to passengers doing B2Bs. They might find that passengers spend MORE money on minutes if they aren't afraid of losing them.

It seems that Princess' policy is that you can't rollover your minutes but some Internet manager will accommodate their passengers doing B2Bs and roll them over.

I'm not in IT but wonder if the difference could be different software on some ships and not controlled by the internet manager? Maybe some are set up to rollover like on the Crown & some ships are not? :confused:

Welcome back Frank! I hope you enjoyed your cruises...

Thanks...we had a great week in Rome followed by a great 32 days on the Crown! :D

Archived